Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Can you please provide a bug report with some step by step instructions and maybe a screenshot? Thank you.

Damian Baldi likes this.
  2. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Yes, I'll do tonight. I think the problem is different, rim looks black at medium-high speed, but I'm not sure if the second rim is what I see.

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

So we want S397 to stop updating the new shader system? We want it to look 1990's just so skins doesnt need to be udated? Just checking.

F1Aussie and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  4. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Registered

Is that normal that, since the last update, using the Virtual Driver procedure to create a car doesn't create a MAS file at the same time? No .mas nor .json files to be complete. Happened yesterday evening with GT3 Challenger's Audi and McLaren M23 (no .json here obviously), only my .dds files are transferred in the Driver Name folder. I don't think I'm doing something wrong but can't state it for sure (worked OK a couple weeks ago).

Speaking of Driver Name, do you intend to change the limitation of one car/folder with the same name ? I paint my cars for racing online, so I use my name as Driver Name. For now, so far I've used Eric Moinet, Eric Moinet (note the double space), E Moinet. I can continue with Moinet alone and maybe a couple other ones, but then I'll be stuck really soon I'm afraid o_O

Slightly OT, is there somewhere an helmet template for the Endurance and GTs packs?

Thanks for the good work done, always a pleasure to race on rF2

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  5. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Especially do you want a 3D template or just the 2D template PSD? This is the same like for the other helmets...

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Virtual drivers broke because they changed the VEH filenames in all cars. Now, my question is.....Was that change strictly necessary? Doesn't look like it to me but I could be wrong.
    Not a deal breaker, but I'd rather not have something broken on each release and the need to update 100 virtual drivers next time if it can be avoided.

7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I am sure they didnt do it to piss people off. Mistakes happen.

8. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Registered

The 2D .psd please. I can't see any in the templates folder apart the three ones for McLaren.

9. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

Pls remind me on Sunday. I'm on the Nürburgring till Sunday...

Eric Moinet likes this.
  10. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I was assuming you made a skinpack, which indeed required less than 5 minutes to be updated to the new base packages.
    I guess you made them by creating virtual rides or alt skins, and as aready said the names of the folders has been changed after this update, that's why your skins no longer works.
    So you have 2 options, move all the skins to the new folders or create a skinpack which is the best way to enjoy a standalone series as ADAC.

11. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Registered

Ok forgive me about this, it seems I've forgotten to do the last step of the process => Reload after last changes. Everything is working fine, apologies.

12. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

Oh! Come on! I have lost personal AI after the new build.
    I'm forced to use LogAnalyzer to race in a offline Champ, building personal AI, and now it's all gone.
    The folders are still present in the rf2 userdata/players/setting/... but in game the squads are missing. Why? Oh! Come on! An offline champ should be a basic tool!

williang83 and Bostrom like this.
  13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

14. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112 Now Available!

Steam Build IDs
    client: 3750893
    dedi: 3750894

- Added more detailed realtime logging to help better diagnose sporadic physics lock-ups reported by some clients. If you have experienced this issue please see instructions here on logging: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/logging-out-of-realtime-physics-freezes.62687/
    - New materials fix to avoid custom team skins not showing.
    - Implemented 'brake-by-wire' (for Formula E Gen2).
    - Fixed 32bit crash.
    - Fixed sporadic blown out scene when using car select and tuning in a multiplayer session
    - Fixed glitched puddle reflections of cars bodies.
    - Fixed crash for some users when joining a multiplayer session.

15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1112

Steam Build IDs
    client: 3753718
    dedi: 3750894

- Fixed VR virtual mirrors

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@Christopher Elliott in the glasses vr if you go to the track and want to see the driving of other drivers, pressed signp + or -, if the number of vehicles are even you can not put on all vehicles, you can only if they are odd, to see if they fix it that sure is an easy thing please

Hazi likes this.
  17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Nice to have the old skins back.
    Issue though. I have a car (Audi GT3) in a Mas. The Mas has all the files needed for the car including the windows. (No driver, Gloves).
    In the showroom the windows are showing, on track, they don't. If the window file, DDS is open file they work but as a shared skin and one the would/could be shared via skins transfer from a race server the whole point of the Mas files are to compress files for easier, quicker share downloads.
    As open files like windows, drivers, gloves, and maybe extras want work in the Mas on track it kind off defeats the purpose.

18. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

And there is still a problem with custom skins online: yesterday I was using one of the stock skins but it was overwritten by a custom skin from an another driver...:confused:

19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Speaking of that, I had a Audi skin show on a Aston Martin. Thought it was my fault but it's not. Don't have a DDS in the Aston Martin from the Audi. This was offline just testing the skins.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm betting we have so many authors with so many skins that some naming overlap has occurred

Emery likes this.