Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You dont notice because it's not properly implemented anywhere ;) (also looks like you dont know what to expect from rain) and this is part of the better weather system you say it's better to have. So what are you even talking about lol

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

How real road works or doesn't are imo totally different thing to how the weather actually in the sky works, although related they are separate. I rather have a better working randomised weather system That's what I'm talking about!

But there's a lot in rf2 that needs work adjusted or fixed on both roads and sky so again another pointless argument .!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

For AI here in rF2 there is little difference indeed to how it would be if it was scripted. But if AI would start changing lines more effectively, such as if there would be need to change it in wet track, then it would be very obvious. But there are many benefits of real road system you may not know about or notice very much. For example if AI would use blocking line over and over again at some place it would make big change. Real road also saves some development time, instead of making all that manually, it happens naturally, you just have to make good AI path (which is not easy). Also I think real road has more accurate and realistic drying, not sure how exactly it works, but I notice that at some particular locations track is drying more, possibly due to higher tyre temperatures there or/and because of stronger aerodynamic effects, as cars blows the dampness away by going fast. Track may dry in more width at turns if cars are using less same lines, and everything just happens naturally.

RealRoad is definitely much better. I also agree that in rF2 full use of it has not been made yet.

LokiD likes this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

On paper it's better..... in theory as we agree doesn't work quite as well.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well I didnt know the rain that falls from the sky has no effect on the ground. O-okay then.

Anyway, any level of rain implementation is better than no rain to me :)

LokiD likes this.
  6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Well I'm sure it does have or should have an effect. But I thought the real road and weather systems are two separate elements? Ie, the weather mod out atm doesnt effect the real road, and how water lines are affected. Obviously we're looking for better realism overall, hopefully all this gets updated along with the ai.

What we're debating about again? Ha

What I'm trying to say is I rather have better dynamic weather ie. Random, real race or live weather and ai....than a dynamic race line, which imo doesn't work as well as first thought.
    But hey thats my stupid opinion hehe

7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Fun fact is, that you can have all of that if you use the given tools in rF2 allready. I would like to see other variables having more impact on it, like wind, humidity, track and ambient temps, but what is there is pretty advanced.

The only problem right now for us 30-min-offline-racers is that FCY and the AI starting on the wrong tires without using workarounds makes it difficult for people to use those tools, if they aren't familiar with the problems of AI. And let's be fair, we mostly don't notice the role of real road because we start a 30 minute race at max against AI in the dry, because it is simply easier. If you drive some longer races, using multiclass mods or in online environment, real road becomes a very different thing. I remember a Bathurst 12 hour simulation against AI, that I did in the past with randomized weather and it was pretty tricky to allways keep an eye open for traffic, changing weather, FCYs and strategy.

Sure it would be nice to have all of that in more user friendly ways incorporated into the new UI, especialy live weather or randomized options, but it is definitley possible right now to make proper use of real road. You just have to go beyond the usual comfort zone.

Now that I mentioned FCY, I would like Kunos to implement safety cars, but I think it's never gonna happen aswell :(

Emery likes this.
  8. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

That's not possible at the moment as ACC don't support triples, just stretch image over triples. I don't have ACC, and even if I got +120fps all maxed out I have zero interest of trying it in the stretch format, time will tell if ACC still is of interest when (if) it's get supported.

9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Decided to launch ACC again yesterday after 1-2 months because why not....and I was pleasantly surprised.
    After fiddling with FFB settings since EA release, I'm now happy with my settings.
    The new features like Custom weekend, dynamic weather, mandatory pit stop, the new HUD, etc, make it already a more enjoyable and polished game.
    Didn't test racing AI for long but at least it wasn't as frustrating as I thought it would be.....not the best, but not the worst either, I think I'll be able to live with it. Visually it's still my favorite game.
    Full release is just 1.5 months away so I'm looking forward to it.

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I asked about performance. Stretched or not.

11. tpw

tpw Registered

I'm on an i5 3.8GHz, GTX1070, 1080P 60Hz monitor setup which can run every sim title at max settings, including the notorious rF2, and yet ACC with much reduced settings struggles to maintain a smooth framerate without intermittent and very jarring stuttering (ie half the FPS for 0.5 sec) every minute or so. Lots of people are reporting it. Your system is much more powerful than mine, so you might have better luck.

I realise the game is still in EA and so I hope they manage to address the stuttering issues lest the release version of ACC turn into the Crysis of sims...

Alex72 likes this.
  12. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Can anyone who enjoy the ffb of this game with a thrustmaster post his settings? I can feel the bumps and curbs, even too much, but i have 0 feelings from tires and suspensions, only an awful damping effect, Codemasters style. TS PC racer here, ffb is not clipping.

13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm on a TS-PC as well

Gain - 88%
    Min Force - 5%
    Dynamic Damping - 70%
    Road Effects - 2%

I believe my Gain setting in the Thrustmaster panel is 70%.

Hope it helps

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  14. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Thank you, that was definitely an improvement.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  15. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

Aston martin in Spa.

I am very impressed, the immersion offered by this sim with its graphical section, its sound and its driving is brutal.
    Hopefully they improve the performance in VR to have a unique experience.

F1Aussie, EsxPaul and mesfigas like this.
  16. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

F1Aussie likes this.
  17. williang83

williang83 Registered

I'm might be wrong but it seems to me that as soon as the player overtake someone that car suddenly lose the pace and can't keep the same pace that he was having before.....AC had cars that hardly fought back, it seems ACC keeps following that path

Emery likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@williang83 The laptimes don't really seem to indicate that, some cars behind are doing competitive laptimes. The 'live gaps' are all over the place (in front and behind) which makes it appear just-passed cars are falling well back (but the car 2 places and 15m ahead is 6+ seconds in front..).

The AI appear to have low aggression though, a few moves in there were questionable at best but the AI moved aside. But if it's early days it's not a biggie. I'd be more concerned about some of the AI being able to change lines very quickly even during corners, suggesting a slow AI setting overall or AI physics that makes way for choosing a racing line.

19. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Slowpoke question:
    In RF2 i can shift down fast as i want but acc wont let me. Especialy from 3rd to 2nd and 1st gear. Is it drivetrain simulation?

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's downshift protection, modern race cars have it IRL
    It's part of drivetrain simulations, this also exists in AMS, I added it to the EEC GT3 mod there

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.