Tyres modelling

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Andrea Terzi, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Andrea Terzi

Andrea Terzi Registered

Hi,
    I'm currently working on a Formula 2 mod and I have already done about 80% of work. My mod is using old FISI 2012 tyres (because of matching size) but I am not fully satisfied with those models. They are not updated, old and I suspect not so accurated. Replacing them with new models from dev guide is impossibile because no matching size tyre is provided. So my question is: has someone found any good tyre model (tgm) with these sizes? Or can someone give me some advice on how to build my own tgm? I have already tried many times building them, but with poor result. No specific guide is provided, sometimes ttool and spreadheet could be very buggy, and without any real data it makes further harder.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You could try it with this site : http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/
    And then use the tool 'Modify them with the TGM SizeMultiplier and Convert from rF1'.
    Inside of the tool, you can also find a selection of newer S397 tires.

3. Andrea Terzi

Andrea Terzi Registered

Thanks Bernd. The tool seems very useful to convert tyre size, but I am looking for more specific information about Realtime section and Batch Test stuff to build my own tyre. Converting just the shape of tyre isn't enough, in my specific case it bring stability errors or buggy behaviour. Also, the only similar tyre provided by 397 is the F1 2018 tgm, which is on WIP state since last year with no improvements.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

No problem, was just an idea. :)

5. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

See the physics development blog. You can find it from the news section of studio397's main site..

6. JorgeAH

JorgeAH Registered

could i create just the files for a new car to rf2? i mean without convertion from rf1. just directly in rf2

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

No, the tool don't creates tires.
    But with the first tool, you can upload an existing tire, see it's shape and resize it to the size that you need.
    And one of the other tools also resizes tires, but with a different method and you can resize more than one tire at the same time.