The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

No it was not about car being difficult/easy. It is about likes/dislikes. Eventually drivers would rather dislike car with "unpleasant features", rather than car that is perfect. So it makes more sense to have an example when people dislike difficulty.

I would not say that you are right or wrong about these things you have mentioned. There is a possibility for both cases. Should look at it more deeply, get more acquainted with the car, how it is made, how it works, whats up with your setup and so on...

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I think you guys are arguing from 2 different perspectives. Manta im sure is not saying cars that are hard and disliked are "the good cars" even if they are unreslistic and poorly ilplemented, but that sometimes a car that some think is "bad" actually is properly made but these people dont like it cause its harder to drive. Thats how i read his posts because i dont think manta is saying "cars that are hard to drive even when poorly made is great because no one else likes it".

Rui Santos likes this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

To be honest, I trust all "S397" cars (made by S397) and the new SlowMotion creations (as well as Palatov D4, GP3, Metalmoro MR1).

My exclusive goal being the most realism.

Anyway, considering the number of these cars, who can really drive a lot more ?

I use in addition the ISI cars that I consider most credible, as well as Kartsim.

That's all, waiting for the future S397s.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well if you trust Slowmotion's MR1 (and you are right to do it) then you trust Reiza as well. They got not only licenses but it's way easier for them to go to the car shop and work closer to the guys.
    Same thing for the Vee, they are in Interlagos. Renato said the car behavior in rF2 is more realistic due to the tire model. The Vee in Brazil is not exactly the same as the ones in other countries.

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Ok.

I have a hard time getting feedback on the reiza pack.

For now I love the Puma Pe52.
    And the Vee is interesting to drive.

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Haha, that's true....but we were talking about the Reiza cars.

I think StrawmanAndy already explained it better than I could've, so I'll leave it there

7. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

I have criticized the cars of the Reiza pack, but not because I find them difficult to drive, but because they do not transmit the information of the force feedback correctly and completely. And the physical ones are not implemented correctly. Compare the physical and the force feedback of the Radical SR3 with those of the MCR (very similar cars in power, weight and structure) and you will realize what I am talking about. The difficulty of handling the cars of Reiza is not derived from its mechanical characteristics, but from the poor implementation of its force feedback and the way in which the physics are transmitted to the steering wheel. And it's not a problem of steering wheel configuration. If so, the problem would arise with other cars and it is not like that. This problem only appears with the Reiza pack.

8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The MCR gives me all the information that i need. For me its just perfectly with my CSW V2. Yes it is different compared to other vehicles, but this is only logical as each vehicle uses different suspension geometries to calculate the force feedback. In the end, the developers have no influence at all on the force feedback, unless they would not create the suspension geometries like the real ones

Korva7 likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I agree that MCR steering forces variation is quite dull, but same as Andregee I don't feel shortage of information to drive it.

I also wouldn't separate FFB from physics. Of course there are some purely FFB values, like nominalFFBtorque to scale down the forces, because not everyone owns 30Nm DD wheel. The rest seems like it is all physics...

I would point at MCR wheels. They look very small radius and wide, so may not have a lot of aligning torque because of possibly short pneumatic trail ? Also it is very light, very low, looks like has plenty of downforce, might roll very very little.

I wonder why it feels how it feels. It is interesting car, it seems quite a lot different from Radical SR3.

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

And at the same time, "hard to drive" isn't equal to "realistic".

As long as it handles like I'd expect, that's good enough. A V8 Supercar won't go flat through Blanchimont. If it did, that's not 'realistic'.

Alex72 likes this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I welcome unexpected. Though with some knowledge certain things gets easier to believe and expect at the same time. While at the same time some things that was previously most believable begins to be questionable.

12. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Reading the Reiza forum I find something that seems to be good news. There are several people who have expressed some criticism of the pack, especially regarding the FFB. The good news is that the developers have said that some of the criticisms are valid and that they are working on it. Knowing the work done in Automobilista, I dare to say that they will improve the pack satisfactorily. Regarding the FFB, they have said that it seems that the problem originates in the implementation of the steering degrees of the steering wheel and in the tire model so different in both sims. They have also talked about the correction of some graphic errors.

13. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

I think the Honda AJR needs some love on the performance side to have it fall in line better with the other AJRs. It is the most fuel efficient, but it's pace is noticably slower as it is about 10-15 kph slower on longer straights.

Aside from that and some small graphical things I've been very happy with the pack

14. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Very good news. I must also say that the circuits of this pack are very good and fun.

Bernardo likes this.
  15. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

I agree. Especially Imola 72 and Ibarra. I would gladly pay if Reiza brought other Brazilian tracks from Automobilista. Although they are not as popular, they are very fun and add variety to the simracing. And my dream would be to bring to rfactor2 the Brazilian "Copa de Marcas".

muzikant and DustySticks like this.
  16. tpw

tpw Registered

I’ve got a feeling (hope to be proven wrong) that we won’t be seeing more official AMS content ported to rF2. If you can already get all the content in AMS, and a large proportion of it in rF2, then why pay for it again in AMS? Personally I’ll be all over AMS2 like a cheap suit, but I’ve already seen plenty of comments from people being outraged at having to pay for content ever again in any existing or future titles because they bought into AMS.

That said, I’d love to see the all of the AMS Brit pack tracks in rF2 and a few more of the lower powered offerings such as the Caterham, Marcas, Lancer and Aussie legends.

muzikant likes this.
  17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well simracing is not like a moba/mmorpg that you create something "exclusive". Most tracks and cars will be available everywhere so rF2 has a plus of allowing you to make money in your own game and in rF2. If something is going to appear here and u got the license why not be the one that will take that $$$?
    In Reiza case they got some exclusive stuff to cover like south american tracks and championships. Sure it's not something that will attract too many people but it's an extra.

Emery and McKiernan like this.
  18. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

But they don’t have to buy it again do they ? If they have it in AMS , but to have the opportunity to have their favorite car / track in rf2 give us all the choice to purchase or not , nobody’s twisting their arm to buy .

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Filip likes this.
  19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

How many times do we buy games with the same content?
    Most times!
    When the dev teams build and release a new game it's not just the content we need to consider. Over the time creating anything technology makes steps forward and in a lot off cases can't be just slotted into a older formatted game.

rF2 is a classic example off a game that desperately needs a total rebuild! It's gone from DX9 to DX11, Content and performance have been compromised in the process.
    Tyre model changes. (had issues)
    Real road updates.
    The new UI that will include a better online & should have a better offline system with skins sharing (not released)
    New PBR shaders. (untested flaws before release)
    The list is quite long!!

Trying to implement all these things into a existing format without totally breaking it for us users must be a big ask at the best of time. We all see the result of some off these changers that have not been tested fully/properly before released. Rieza DLC yet another example off that though S397 can put their hand up for rushed and flawed with untested issues.
    A totally rebuilt rF2-3 that has all the new features and technologies fully tested with old and new content brought up to a equal standard across all the ISI and S397 licensed content would been well worth the money to buy the same content again as stock content in a newly stable and fully tested format.

We see people whine about buying the next addition off many games, FORZA, Gran Trismo, GTR, and so on but rF2 in a example off what can happen on the other end off the spectrum. People aren't buying the same content but instead are loosing older content that hasn't been brought up to the same standard.

So who's doing it right you have to ask yourself?

mr.Sw1tchblade and Louis like this.
  20. Louis

Louis Registered

Btw, the pack is great

Nitrometh and t0p5ecret like this.