[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2018 v8.90 - FULL INSTALL UPDATED 24 MAR 2018

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Mar 6, 2019.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

Thanks for the great mod...did the manuel update which gave me back the wheel and lcd in the Nissan, only problem is the mirrors while being more adjustable on the vertical tilting still do not seem to tilt far enough back to see down the road...I am using VR so maybe that is the source of the problem. Hopefully you sort it out in the future but still great fun as it is.

2. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Don't have VR myself and was unaware of any issue with regards vertical tilting. Is that all three mirrors. Possibly our middle point is out and you don't get enough variation. We have another planned update this month around the 22nd to introduce a couple of bits and pieces, The manual update did eventuate but I didn't release here. I will repeat that one possibly later this weekend and let you know where it is posted.

3. elbo

elbo Registered

thanks for checking, yes all three mirrors seem to point down too much even when adjusted up. I don't know if this helps in figuring it out but my solution is to scrunch me head down, hit center and then when I return my head to its natural position I am sitting higher and the mirrors are better.
    cheers.

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

I'm working with that one at the moment and will let you know how I go

5. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

You might wanna check out bonnet views on holdens windscreens theres a darker line that goes through the middle of the screen , check other cars also to see if they have this issue. I think this is the issue that causes peoples games to crash.........

6. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

World SimSports are running a 6 race series in these cars. Times should suit Australia, Asia and (night-owl) NZ and is Saturday morning in Europe, Check the website

[​IMG]

AMillward likes this.
  7. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

If you are referring to the black line just below the wiper disc - then no it's just the tub of the car poking through the top of the dash. That won't cause the game to crash. I'm not sure about this game crashing issue that you speak of either. Could you give us more information on that one. If you are referring to the crash that makes a sound as if the car is running in the background when they crash somewhere. We needed more info to resolve if this was us or a memory issue but hadn't heard anything further.

8. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just check your windscreens on bonnet view check all holdens and then you can see what I mean tim slade's car then look at lowndsy's car on bonnet you'll see what I mean.....

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  9. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

No sound when it crashes ......... just CTD.......

10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Why is it determined to be the issue? So what happens prior to this CTD, do you have a log report. It is unusual that the car is already loaded and then causes the glitch. How soon after it is loaded? Can you drive it? The only thing I can think of is graphical memory issue. Which is too much load on the system. We are just a model in game but we did the 4k skins which could push graphics cards over the limit.. For our models to crash and a graphical glitch such as what you are pointing out would CTD before it opens. What determines that it is the mod not the game? Do you know if this occurs with other mods or just ours? I have a lot of questions because I've never been ble to duplicate this. I guess what I am asking is what are you doing differently to me that makes yours crash and mine not crash.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  11. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Okay I've determined that the tinted section is just because of poor eye point on bonnet view is still inside the car. It is definitely not the cause of the evil CTD. All Holdens are the same because all Holdens are the same and the eye point is the same.

12. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Sry but I have 16gig or ram and also running a 1080ti card thx and your mod is the only one the game crashes with, not only me with another fella running pretty much same specs but newer model ram cpu and with a 2080 gpu with the same issue....... I am thinking there maybe a typo somewhere as something is not right..........

13. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Not all holdens are the same as we went through a few and kept crashing... so I gave up in the end. Hence why we are not running them in a champ.

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

First off I didn't mean to offend you about your system but to date I know nothing about your system so yes I agree that rights off the memory issue. I must apologise but I have gone through Steam Community on the FVRV818 thread regarding your issue and I can't see where you have let me know before until this last post and given me any more information apart from it must be a typo, I won't deny we have typos but those typos either cause a crash before it starts or cause a definite issue such as too much air or too little air. In fact perfect example the bonnet view cam sitting right in the middle of the windscreen is a typo therefore showing half and half, its not a game crasher as it was data from the previous mod, just means the screen is in a slightly different place. Anyway I won't rabbit on and waste your time any further unless you would like to assist.

15. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Hey elbo - which car are you using?
    I didn't realise there were so many different options with the mirrors with different combos of the ctrl+shift+alt keys.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  16. elbo

elbo Registered

the Nissan.

17. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Okay cool I'll see what I can do.

18. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hoping to start driving this mod - are there are any base setups anywhere??

19. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Mark, the one they ship with as default is a reasonable starting place, I usually like my car to be a little more pointy into the corners so I soften the front springs and sway bar a bit but that's just my style.

20. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered