The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. softslider

softslider Registered

Personally I feel good with F-Vee and Puma GTE. When it comes to oversteer correction, Puma GTE is fine but F-vee easily makes me reverse spinned although I'm normally comfortable at controlling skippy regional. The reason might be my hands aren't enough fast. I found sweetspot decreasing steering lock angle as 720 degree although I don't like to change the original setting.

Coming back to the topic, steering lock angle seems less than 720 degree in the video (1:55~2:02). In the game, it is 900 degree. What is correct steering lock angle in the real F-Vee?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  2. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Renato, the MCR will be have the choise for rain tires in a future update? :)

3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Interesting comment from Renato on Reiza forum:"For the most part the difference between the Vee in AMS and in rF2 is down to the tire model and that includes thermodynamics, it´s quite different and actually more accurate in rF2 where temperatures build up very quickly when the tire is sliding which is a significant problem for drivers in the real series."

Rui Santos and mantasisg like this.
  4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Will try with theses tips, could you give us the implemented steering max lock? Because you didn't implement the multi-selection Steering lock as S397 do (Default steering, and after the declination in 400, 380, 360, ... steps in the setup) .

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Always regularly check if degrees in your wheel profilers are maxed out, people. I use little error on purpose to get more pneumatic feel.

I don't use any smoothing with t300, and all cars are great at all tracks.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

That is not necessary with t300 and rF2.

Please confirm guys

7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Wel
    Well it seems like someone said realtime mirrors on AI cars are activated at all times so thats an FPS killer im sure. Im sure they'll patch that soon.

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I never needed it. Smoothing however i do need sometimes, lol.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just enter half of max degrees in the profiler, launch the game and see yourself if your steering wheel in game moves 2x more than your real wheel. I can confirm, that it does so to me. I also use lines in rF2 JSON file that stops rF2 from overwriting profiler degrees settings, so maybe without that it is different.

I am very happy that Renato came to explain these things. Education is very important part of simulation, without it it would go bad fast.

I like how the driver in the video so expressive and sarcastically funny about the spins ahaha. Maybe thats why brazilian drivers are so good, they learn great car control skills this way.

Alex72 likes this.
  10. Emery

Emery Registered

In the USA, the Skippy is not an SCCA-classed car nor is it likely to be found around the world in club racing, unlike the FVee and MCR2000 (Sports 2000 class). Additionally, the FVee brings unique challenges such as swing arm suspension and really, really narrow tires.

While the Skippy can be experienced as a rental (or could... think they've been replaced with a new car at Skip Barber schools?), the FVee and Sports 2000 cars are ones I can purchase/rent and race with any SCCA region. It is for this reason that I am in favor of both these cars being available in rF2 and do not consider them duplicates of existing material.

Physics... yeah, that needs more polishing. If nothing else, the default setups need to be more friendly and tuned to feel more like the AMS default setup. Even if the numbers are the same, the feel got lost in translation.

pkelly and RaceNut like this.
  11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Just had a session with the Vee on Imola '72 @ 9:30 am (looks spectacular at this time, with hard shadows), heavy Real Road preset, clear weather, and it was pure sim bliss! Using a G27, FFB smoothing 4, FFB Minimal torque = 15%.
    Car was largely manageable, although yes, it requires a lot of attention. I'm not familiar with the Vee in AMS so cannot compare.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  12. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I would prefer the car to behave and feel like the real thing, even if it's difficult.

avenger82, vittorio, Alex72 and 2 others like this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, does it currently feel more realistic in rF2 or AMS? Who can say? Does either have it right?

avenger82 and Filip like this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Renato did post a video where it looks quite accurate, I also saw and posted one video from Brands hatch where it also spins. So it does prove that it has a tendency to spin out.

I drove it only once in AMS, and it was the only online race I ever had in AMS, it was through Sim Racing System. There was just two of us, but it was great race, I came with no practice not sure about the other guy. Drove real slow at first, increasing speed very gradually, and managed to stay clean, majority of the race drove second. I remember that FVee was quite challenging there too. As soon as I have passed my rival and continued increasing pace, he spun, so he drove on his limit. So I think it has to be not to far in AMS. If you drove it very much in AMS, and now it is a bit different, it can possibly feel to you like it is very different car.

I also had an impression that default setup is not the easiest, but maybe thats just for me, maybe for someone else it is good setup. Or maybe it is intentional, so it would have to be solved.

15. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I don't really know, but i think that the objective should be simulating the car accurately instead of editing it based on people's taste and desired difficulty level. Those things could be taken into consideration when selecting what cars to simulate, though.

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

And I hope that such cars with "quirks and features" will be kept simulated, and simulated the way they are.

People disliking cars makes me feel good, means that something has been done right. No sarcasm.

When in certain simulation everybody is praising cars, and how incredible the handling is, then something is wrong there.

With some exceptions.

But if car is perfect, it should be unbelievable too. But why it is not ? :D

Korva7 and David Kolody like this.
  17. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

The only thing wrong there is that whole statement. It honestly doesn't make any sense

Filip and Lazza like this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Why ? :) Cars often has some characteristics that one may not find down to his likes. So if for example car has bad lift off overtsteer, and in simracing no one complains about it (because it is not a problem in simulated version) then it is simulated in wrong way. If car has a problem, some complaining should be natural reaction. Looking for ways how to solve the problem with setup and driving techniques should be a natural thing to do. Cure handling feature in simulation just wouldn't be right thing to do. The subject of discussion should be if the problem in real car is greater or lesser than it is represented in simulation.

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

If you include a large section of the community then it makes sense. Not all are experienced sim racers and might think a car is "bad" because its too hard to drive.

mantasisg likes this.
  20. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Your argument is fixated on if a car is hard to drive and how we should just accept that. What you are completely missing or misunderstanding is people don't mind hard cars to drive. That is not their point or argument. The McLaren MP4-13 is a wild animal. The Skip Barber is wild. BUT, the ffb and physics feel given is a greater feel of information to the user. The issue at hand is the cars are difficult because of the lack of information. When you turn into a corner with the Moro it gives you no sensation of the wheel/forces. It's a solid weight and gives you no indication that you're turning or what the wheels/chassis is doing. Whereas every other s397 gives information, it will go light or heavier, it will try and move to central position - whatever it does, that is information we are used to within rF2. The Reiza cars do not give the same information, thus making it harder to drive, thus the issues users have with the content.

Hard cars to drive are fun. We can accept not every car will be perfectly balanced, or perfect with aero and grip. But when the issue is because of a lack of response to the user then it's not fun or right. I've said it before, I am sure they're using realfeeler in the hdv which is a dated and useless tool in rF2. ASR used to run it all the time and it ruined any driving sensation because it would just make the wheel knock for no reason. The ffb is also clipping on certain cars, so I think they might not be using the new steering force. I'm also sure the pm file they've tried to convert hasn't been successful as it doesn't give the flex or stiffness of a car you expect. The Puma and Vee are the only two I can feel and drive with understanding. The rest feel like a step back to rF1.

You can enjoy a bad car, but there is bad because the real car was bad, and then there is bad because the developers have messed up the physics.

neuer31, pkelly, Juergen-BY and 2 others like this.