Goodwood Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mantasisg, Nov 19, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You mean smoke from almost burning brakes ? That would be quite crazy. We can get smoking engine, so why not actually. It is not very commong thing though.

I'm actually just working on 1954 drum brakes cooling now :D This very moment, good coincidence haha

Good luck in the event, I'm sure you can improve the record, good luck.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

It's release ready, as in its functional.

Night lighting is fine. I'm sure you've thought of it, but a few lights off in the town and maybe that string of party lights along the track fence could have glows added for ambience.

Stormy weather colors are great! Didn't see any water collecting in the dips, so I'm guessing you haven't put any attention to that yet. Oh, the ivy on the rubber walls is too saturated in stormy weather.

Brighter weather is still a touch oversaturated in my opinion. Distant views and grass outside the track need some tweaking.

mantasisg likes this.
  3. Tobias Pitzer

Tobias Pitzer Registered

The download link does not work.
    Something appears to be missing…
    The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

4. Filip

Filip Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/goodwood-circuit.61650/page-3#post-982068

mantasisg likes this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have also a latest working link in the first post of the thread :)

@Emery Thanks :) I would be happy to release it, but it has too much problems, I'd like to solve at first. Also I still need to replace sveral textures that are from Kunos. Those are very nice textures, and I don't want worse :D

Yes bindweeds are a bit bright, thats because it has a bit too bright normal map, comparing to other elements from same material. I left it on purpose because I like the look, but I agree that it is not right. I also agree that I could still slightly reduce saturation of the grass.

The reason why there are no puddles or reflections on wet track is that there are some problems with UV map channels coming from blender. I still have some options not tried out regarding with gmt exports with Travelers scripts, right now it is all just fbx export, and traveler made the scripts mainly for gmt export, as far as I understand.

Same thing with grass, it has quite bad UV channel issues, becomes very obvious when looking into distance.

I wish to get few lights in and around the track, would be awesome.

Legend and Mauro like this.
  6. Emery

Emery Registered

Oh, it's not ivy?!

LOL, English has too many common names for some plants. What you call "bindweed" I know as "morning glory", even though it's also called bindweed by other people local to me; we have a couple other weeds that get called bindweed that are more like a sticky grass.

7. philman

philman Registered

I confirm that none of the links works

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Haha, actually perhaps it is ivy. I don't really know. I am not a master in English. Perhaps bindweed is more correct name to sticky grass than to these plants, and ivy fits better. Those are very likely english ivy vine plants (words from an image I saw on one image :D), I think they also appear wrapped around some trees in Goodwood.

I just downloaded successfully, so to me it works. I wonder what is the issue.

9. philman

philman Registered

Sorry, does not work for me...

10. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

Working well here, glad I checked too... It's been updated since I last downloaded.

11. Corti

Corti Registered

all ok here too

12. philman

philman Registered

Don't work with Firefox. Don't work with Chrome. I tried edge successfully but the download was interrupted a good dozen times. This is the first time I see this on mediafire

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Ok, don't need to reply personal message in the forum. Honestly, I can't think of a problem, everyone else is fine. If you find what was going on, please share.

For others - link is in the first post.

14. Filip

Filip Registered

It works with chrome and firefox

15. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thank you very much for bringing this track to rF2.
    Looks very nice so far.

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just spent 4 hours making Road diffuse texture from scratch to replace Kunos one. Well almost from scratch - using images from google. I suppose really from scratch would be if I'd also produce photographic material myself. Respect to 2D work. I expected to be done in about 3 hours.

So spent 4hours, and did not even finish, don't even know if it will be seamless (of course it will not be magically seamless).

Legend, Churrinche, MaD_King and 9 others like this.
  18. Corgan

Corgan Registered

You did a very good job on this track. Thank You.

lbird and mantasisg like this.
  19. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

Track is great. Thanks:)

mantasisg likes this.
  20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just made 8 trees to replace some current trees that are from Kunos or given to me from Lilski. Those were very good, brilliant, perfect trees. But sometimes there is just something more about having something else. Plus don't need to ask for permissions :D

These aren't very high effort trees, but some are nicer IMO, you can see they almost were progressively getting better from a to h lol, I did them all in an hour with tree[d]. It is actually fun to play with it. Not sure if it is still available.

You can save these .png files as .dds, and if it works right, then it should create alpha channels automatically, with good masking in rgb channels.

Perhaps someone will find one or two useful for them:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/qwi7mh2h4ubw094/Mantas_Trees.rar/file

Unfortunately tree[d] that I have only saves at 512x512, 1024 would be better.

pascom likes this.