Load controller profile

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Hi all - is there a setting that I can change that will allow rF2 to load the controller that I used in the last session? The issue that I have is that if I exit rF2 and return to it later [can be within an hour or next day for example], the custom wheel setting that I used is not loaded. It may say the same name and show the same settings, BUT the car specific multiplier is always returned to 1.00. I have to load the wheel profile that I want each time.

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

rF2 should be saving your controller profile automatically but, you can also export your custom profile with a unique name and then, later import it back into the game.

But, what you describe sounds like something is not quite right so I would suggest considering starting with a fresh preset for your wheel (Delete the current profile, & the preset and use Steam-Verify to download a new one); then setup your controllers again and export under a unique name to serve as a backup. Be sure to check that "speed-sensitive" steering is not enabled by default. Then close out rF2, restart and test to see if the settings are sticking as they should, after re-launching the game.

You may also want to check that the proper user-permission to over-write game-config files is allowed (Windows feature). If that is not done, some user-data files may not be getting updated as needed.

3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Thanks @RaceNut, will look into that.