Latest Roadmap Update - March 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Relax guys, as it's an HTML page, for sure it will change and they'll implement more things overtime, now don't start panic and make them delay it even more...

lagg, Alex72, Cangrejo and 1 other person like this.
  2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Drop in and go casual races are starting to sound like a good idea. Just a bit of fun to improve skills and all that.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Attention biased towards online is obviously best thing to do. Just judging from reactions here most voices are SP users primarely. This means that there are less members who are all in online racers. This obviously just proves well known thing that people who are all about online are not that much using rF2, and those people who are not here, are these people who are most important, honestly. Because we need them here. SP will not get worse at all.

Alex72 and Rui Santos like this.
  4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Hopefully one of the tracks listed was the previously announced Portland. Was hoping for a bit more info specifically on that one, as it was announced long ago, and have gone a bit silent.

Emery, fsuarez79 and jayarrbee36 like this.
  5. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The color in the screens looks different, new improvements in the PBR system?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  6. williang83

williang83 Registered

And there lies the problem. SP is basically at very low level and even games/sims from 98' offered a way better SP experience. It is not about not getting worse, it is about actually becoming a thing in first place which currently it is not existent.

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Not surprising, you're never happy. ;)

I'd say it's the vocal minority. :rolleyes:
    Plenty of league members who are happy.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    AMillward, Turbo, tlsmikey and 2 others like this.
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

GAMES from 1998 didn't had online or was almost inexistant and useless... games were made just for single player fun!

mantasisg and Filip like this.
  9. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

ähhm......GPL?

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

So..... Still just days away!

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

^^^ thats the spirit

12. beefheart666

beefheart666 Registered

Soo, will there be custom offline championships or not with the new UI? Because that would be nice.

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like you've always got this idea of what you want in rF2, and when the stuff you want doesn't get mentioned in a road map or get added, you get upset. We get it, you want the most realistic thing possible, we all do as sim racers, but I doubt that everything you want is ever going to make it in.

Spyro likes this.
  14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I wish MP gets easier to drop into. With that i will do more MP. And i want to do MP but i had several negative experiences where it downloaded and then it didnt work. Offline will at the least stay the same - for now - since they seem to concentrate on MP - which is good. And HTML like mentioned can be edited by many people who have decent knowledge in it (which is many). Its all good.

Turbo and AMillward like this.
  15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

What i would like the new UI to have is detailed information about the car, like hp, torque, etçª (like we see in Carstat)

If the times of downloading content to enter a server get shorter that would be great too...

F1Aussie, Korva7, vittorio and 7 others like this.
  16. lagg

lagg Registered

Or could mean that online racers agree with the roadmap and don't complain.

Thank you very much for this roadmap S397.

17. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Not commenting on the UI until I see the whole thing, looks nice already. I only hope that all options we currently have remain in the new version. The suggestion for an 'advanced' tab that has the options you'd normally need to tinker the files for is a good one.

2019 will be a great year for this game.

18. lukadeu

lukadeu Registered

I hope there will be custom g rid option, so we can pick cars and liveris. I dont understand how is this so dificult. Thank you.

19. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

It's great that a roadmap is shared on a monthly basis (thank you!), not only to know what to expect in the near future, but also to feel more involved in the development process.

The new UI seems to have a very nice design from the images I've seen. Still, it would be nice to have some car facts when highlighting them in the menu (e.g., engine power, FWD vs RWD vs AWD, weight, car class, etc). When first testing a car that would be very useful to know what we're selecting (e.g., Reiza pack cars).

MP definitely needed some love, so it's exciting that's being worked on. Looking forward to see it in action.

Turbo, jayarrbee36, RaceNut and 2 others like this.
  20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Also with the new UI can we have better, car menu categories So all gt3 in a gt3 category etc etc. It's a mess atm
    Dire need of updating.

I Hope this just doesn't end up being a reskin

Turbo, F1Aussie, jayarrbee36 and 4 others like this.