The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I'm not in full setting and at Low Shadow (CPU limitation with VR on my Rig). But yes, there is many bugs. Some guys here was very hard on the S397 DLC quality level (for me it was minor issues), this one is at the level of a simple conversion from rF1 to rF2, too many rF2 specific area not mature in this DLC, missing some experience..
    But it's not my concern, my concern is on driving the cars, I will test another car on the track to check if it's not a track issue. And will make another test on other tracks to confirm my first feeling, but for now, it's not in my taste for driving :(

2. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I can forgive and not be mad at the early issues with s397 dlc (like endurance) because they added new cars that were much needed and do drive incredibly well. Now they're working on the issues, it's making them more and more fun.

I'm still struggling to see why you'd want to own these Reiza cars. We've already got the skippy for a low power, low grip single seater. A Lola T280 for a low racecar. The Moro cars are meant to be like LMP2/3, and the Puma is basically road cars (classic and old). But if you have to select Reiza new cars against s397, I think s397 wins. They look cool, the Moro I think is awesome looking but they don't drive well or lack that feeling compared to the LMP. If they responded to how other rF2 content drives then it could be forgiven, but ultimately I think these cars will be quickly forgotten when they're rivals for s397 new DLC.

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

By that logic S397 should only license one car per class and that's it lol
    A GT500 then? Forget it! They are too close to a P2.
    what the heck

4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I'm not saying that. My point is, if they don't drive as well and people aren't as happy with this product, what is their purpose? They're not better than the other compared cars, they're not bringing in a new series/type of car to the game that doesn't exist. They're probably bringing AMS fans across but some have said it felt better to drive in AMS. The Formula E brought in electric racing. The GT3 brought rF2 inline with other sim racing games which featured modern and a range of GT3 cars. The Ocera 07 LMP2 brought a modern prototype, a first for rF2, while the GTE added to that Le Mans hype. Reiza tracks are ace, but I don't see where the cars fit when they're not executed in the same standards?

If they had better ffb then I can see the point. If we have a range of similar cars (like the Moro and LMP3), that drive differently, but have the essence and feel of rF2 physics, then everyone will buy it and everyone will want to race a multitude range of them. But overall I don't think they're as fun to drive or give that information that is known within rF2. I know a league that was hyped to use the Vee car, but they've felt it's not worth running it now.

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You do say that if there are similar cars, then no more are needed. Many simracers usually want a lot different cars to compete, so there would be more variety in the grid. Also the cars are just similar, but still very different. It is like one car is red, other is too, but completely different tone.

I do agree that something entirely new would have been better, like V8 supercar. But not that much disappointed, not at all.

As much as I drove yet I liked the cars, and don't understand the big deal of criticism, which is not even criticism with much value, but simply dislike.

As there was RL driver of Vee, who said that it is too slippery, I can not wait to drive it more, as I drove it the least so far, and I did remember spinning few times, but I also remember being horribly distracted. So can't wait to launch rF2 now and drive the Vee.

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I haven't tested all the cars yet besides the Puma GTE, but it feels that the cars lack polish in a lot of areas going by different reports and videos combined with my own experience so far. The tracks seems to be of high quality allready, so 4 new tracks with different configs isn't too bad for the amount of cash. If they are get polished up to spec, then there certainly is a place for them in this sim and it will be the icing on the cake. I am not in a hurry, so I rather see Reiza taking their time to get things sorted, as some stuff feels a bit rushed. But all in all it is not a biggy for me personaly.

mesfigas likes this.
  7. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The Fvee in AMS is much easier to catch the tail, and it actually drifts quite nicely. :) In rF2, one has to tippy-toe very carefully so I totally get why it gets the criticism that it does since arriving in rF2. As it stands now, the Skippy is easier to balance, even without setup tweaks so I think the Fvee needs some work.

I imagine that Reiza is still learning their way through differences with rF2 so I believe they will make adjustments where needed but, it may take a bit longer; in AMS development, they are very responsive to community feedback so that is probably the better place to provide it.

Alex72 likes this.
  8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processors (i5 7600) has no limitation with VR o_O

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just drove Formula Vee at Ibarra in naturally progressing track for one session for 15mins, then restarted because it got dark lol, and drove 15minutes more.

At firs was quite frustrated, the no grip is actually rear wheels unloading and engine braking, thats your ice. Grip is fine, but when you have tires well planted.

You can't modify differential.

But you can increase rebound. Oh sorry, decrease. You decrease the rebound damper, and then you actually have more rebound. Thats how it works :D

But car is still scary on the coasting.

I took some time to figure out, but it is faster to feather throttle at 3rd gear. No engine braking, and car is still accelerating well.

I also did soften fron arb, now i think I did not that, probably leavign at 40 would have been better, because front has no lack of grip. I decreased rear rebound (slow), increased front bump, decreased front camber.

Things was getting to look pretty good, at the end I was even abusing the car a bit. But kept on target for many laps, even if I thought that I am going too fast. I had big moment at T3 sideways at 160km/h :D Survived. I did 1'44'7 so far, definitely could do better. Reiza AI are very fast at 105percent, but I was slower less than a second. Totally loved the drive, it was 10/10 session. If you dislike that, we have very different taste.

Pro tip keep car neutral, it is very nervous at oversteer and snaps very fast. Do a lot of little steering inputs, instead of one steady. Avoid coasting. Use 3rd gear a lot. Try to make car understeery with setup. Don't push the car too much while tires are not warm. And don't be 10 minutes car cycling simracer, who is not even patient enough to do little bit of getting used, before thrashing it.

I dig how this car is good for entry level, because it teaches respect and being smooth. It it is meant to teach you. You don't want to learn ? Ok then.

I suppose this car could handle better with full tank and if you are heavy driver, because then it would increase it's inertia and make it more stable. have to try with full tank it now. Though it will hit accelerations and top speed. Also some tricks to get tires planted while coasting would also help. But you don't want to get sideways too much with this light low polar inertia car with plenty of grip. It snaps fast, so you have to steer fast as well.

I want to drive it more !

It reminds me Porsche 550 which interpretation I am doing for Woochoos 1954 mod. I am sure you'll dislike it too, as it is similar setup, and with bicycle wheels.

10. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I'm hoping no one at reiza is reading this thread. I don't want my cars to be dumped down :) I quite like these as they are.

mantasisg likes this.
  11. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I'm not saying similar or the same thing is bad :rolleyes:

I'm saying if something is similar in design (lets say two gen1 Formula e cars) but one is not as good as the other, then people won't drive/buy it. If someone made an LMP2 Dallara and it gave ffb qualities like the S397 Ocera (can be different to drive, but the ffb and quality is the same), then everyone would download/buy etc. If they made it and it didn't drive as well, people might be less inclined to drive/buy it because it does not meet that standard/level.

If these Reiza cars had met the s397 level, then there point of being in rF2 makes sense. But at the moment, graphically they're draining for some users, others are not sure about the ffb or handling or certain models, so they are not hitting that level. For me, the ffb feels good on the Vee and Puma, but the others snap into place and don't have that feeling of weight transfer.

If something isn't as enjoyable, isn't as functional, it's not as attractive as the other s397 content/third party then it won't have a reason to select over the other amazing content we have - paid or free. We see a pattern, in which most people go to the one that drives the best, looks the best and works the best. The ones that aren't as good (whatever it's weakness may be) does not get the downloads or use compared to the ones that have got better qualities. If all the free mods were the same quality in every department, then you'd probably find they would all do well. But generally, the best rise to the top - whatever that particular strength is.

I have faith that Reiza or s397 can fix these issues. But I think the honest feedback is it's a good out the door product, but they need more work. Let me repeat, same is not bad, if same is as good as the other.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just did 10 laps in a row at Guapore with full tank Formula Vee. Had few big moments while coasting, it is almost always mid turn thing. But saved everything, not a single spin or off track excursion or anything. Ver satisfying, feels like that was all me doing it not the car :D But on the other hand car is actually overdoing it. It straightens out very suddenly, thats why you have to straighten out it before car does it itself, because car will overdo it and snap to the other side. I think less caster would help to make it less active, but it is already only 2degs, it doesn't say what is the trail though.

10laps in a row, almost every lap was faster than previous, last were 1'26'5, less than second slower than AI at that time at 105percent difficulty.

I think that Full tank did not make it slower.

Also some tips. Try more rearwards brake balance. because brake bias impacts weight transfer, so I think it helps a bit. Also try making toes more neutral, I think the car is more predictable with smaller toes.

@StrawmanAndy I hope your criticism will make for good, but I don't feel very good base for it. The cars are simply not the same. And you like it less for that reason. To be honest, I don't like S397 Mclaren pack that came for free and contains epic cars. Perhaps should use it more, but as much as I drove it, I didn't connect with it. M23 which is absolutely most appealing to me there, also feels like lacks depth, too simplistic and all three cars are undrivable in the rain. But I did not drive it for long time now.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I'm often in out of real time issue impossible to have more than 14 IA an keep stable driving, so yes I have an issue because rF2 is angry with CPU ;)

14. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

That was not my point, my point was, a DLC need to have a good quality because you buy it. If a mod is free, you can be more permissive in your opinion, but when you sell something, you need to have quality. For now, this DLC is far to be at the right level of quality. But as said, will test in another condition/track to check if I confirm. When I read the feedback of mantasig, I think I'm not alone to have the sensible dancing rear feeling. I hope Reiza will fix the graphical issues and tweak some elements around sounds. But my priority is about physics, something to dig, because today, it's not really "drivable" in my test, will see.

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  15. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

Being a great admirer of Automobilista, I must say that, in my opinion, Reiza's DLC is not what I expected. I have no complaint about the tracks. The tracks are not superlative, but they are correct. Especially Imola 72 and Ibarra. But they are only nice. There are more exciting modder tracks (Miseluk, Bridgehampton, for example). The cars, on the other hand, have disappointed me a lot. In all of them I feel that the force feedback does not transmit all that it should. The slide seems exaggerated. And the braking is not gradual. It is as if these three aspects function as an on-off switch. Either you have all the grip or you lose it completely. You touch the brake and the car brakes sharply. You go through a curb and the steering wheel shudders with more force than usual. I hope it's a matter of Reiza finishing polishing the configuration of the cars.

PS: The fault of my bad English is Google ...:D

MaD_King likes this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

rF2 has very sensitive brakes comparing to other sims. I think it is designed with load cell pedals in mind. Maybe. You either have to use less brake pressure, or loose weight on your left foot, or right if you are cool guy and drive cars that need heel and toe too.

Drivers main job is to complain about the car + get faster. So nothing unusual is going on there.

The only difference is that it is hard to get perfectly handling car IRL, but in simracing it is hard to get all those "annoying" "quirks and features" like De Muro would say if he would review vehicle handling :D In other words it is hard to prepare a perfectly realistically annoying car for simulation.

I am now thinking why @Marc Christopher Harris have experienced much better handling, than in simulation. Could those cars be more unique each other ? Or they have to be dead same. I checked that he is racing in Australia, so could higher temperatures help against cold tires ? Could hot air of Australia result in less power, thus perhaps less engine braking too (if it has connection that way) ? Could Formula Vee be a bit different, in very different parts of the globe ? Could tires be different ? Could different driver weights influence these little cars handling in a significant amount (could a small light vehicle benefit from heavier driver) ? Could lack of seat feel make for different perception of yaw moments, making car feel more unstable than it actually is ? Could it be solved by different setup and more time to get used to virtual interpretation, either difference would seem even bigger, or get smaller. That car in a sim has a lot of lift off oversteer, and gets back from it in very snappy way - there is no question about it.

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  17. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

There are cars I don't particularly like, but this isn't about preference. I don't like the Radical GT3, I don't like the Aston GT3, or the Formula E car. But they work in a manner that feels right, the steering and physics seem to match what the cars do (from video) or just react in a manner that makes sense. Why I never wrote a negative post, because I understand it was my style rather than the game/physics feeling odd. Even those cars I don't like, the ffb and wheel reaction works in a manner which is signatured of rF2.

I like the line up Reiza presented. I've been very excited for these cars for some time. But the driving sensation and wheel doesn't react in the same way compared to other content within rF2, it feels like I'm running rf1 physics/ffb. I don't feel the ffb is working in the right manner. It clips way too easy. In almost 4 years, I haven't touched the strength of my wheel for ffb in rF2 across a range of cars. I've edited camber, etc, but the strength has been set and works fine with every car I've driven so far. But the Reiza needed a lot more work, and even then the results are minimal. The cars reaction when returning or swaying to its central point of axis isn't natural, it feels like it's jolted. Certain car interia weight doesn't work like other cars, perhaps not running an updated rF2 chassis.ini file. Every car can be different, but this is an odd sensation and it's not just me saying it. I still reckon there is old rf1 physics that have been ported in, and that is why it doesn't work very well. I believe they're also running a feeler line in the hdv, that could explain the bumpy and unnecessary strength in some cars. Ultimately, drive and accept but I've paid for it, I don't think it's brilliant, so I feel something needs to be said. It's not an argument, it's my findings. You're not a real owner of any of these cars, so why does your findings mean more than anyone else's? Your findings are not more relevant or solid than my own, but I've been very specific as you wished. It's all opinions, we can raise them all, but I'm getting a bit bored how people like to pick on individuals findings because it conflicts against their own.

BigDuke6 and mantasisg like this.
  18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

After driving the cars for a little bit longer, I agree completely with @StrawmanAndy and a few others.
    There's something about the weight transfer, the way the rear becomes loose and how it is translated to the FFB that doesn't feel completely right to me and in par with the behavior of official content, regardless of them being or not the same cars.

I still applaud the effort and hope for some tweaks from Reiza. After all, it's their first attempt at porting vehicles to rF2 so it's fair to say there's a learning curve to nail every aspect of it.

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well thats how arguing works...

I don't have these experiences with my T300 as you have mentioned here. Or at least I probably don't have them in case we talk about very different things. And cars feels pretty much great.

Naturally likes and dislikes collide, each side challenges each. Thats necessary.

And hopefully truth wins, because simulation is synonimous with truth to me.

Also naturally everybody wish for better handling and the point has to be made where improving is making a vehicle more true to reality, or further from it.

Phylosophy aside we have different minds, different computers, different FFB wheels and different settings...

I remember same thing happening with ACC so far, cars were much more subtle than AC, majority disliked that, because it does not necessary made cars easier. And/or was just "different".

As soon as the car requires concentration to drive at speed, and is not autonomous :D drivers complain. While I like it then.

Naturally I look for arguments to defend my likes, and you look for arguments to defend your likes, thats great as long as there is a balance. So perhaps it is great that some people doesn't like it. Best arguments wins ! Well... usually... sometimes :D

Korva7 likes this.
  20. RSimioni

RSimioni Registered

Formula Vee series, although similar in concept can be very different machines from one country to another. The one from that video has at very least a wider track and better tires, both of which can make the car a lot more stable.

Our version is based on brazilian F-Vee. As one can hopefully see, an open diff, swing axle rear-engine car with regular road tyres is pretty much the definition of lift-off oversteer :p

The rF2 version is fundamentally the same as the AMS version, the main differences are engine related, a very different tyre model and throttle mapping in the AMS version, and grip levels from rF2 RealRoad can also be quite different to our dynamic road model specially in a green track. All in all though they´re very similar models of the same car, I´d recommend anyone having dramatically different driving experiences to try bump up FFB smoothing and that your wheel rotation in the controller software setting is maxed out.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019