Latest Roadmap Update - March 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Looks like a promising base with things properly integrated and online hopefully starting to work right. I hope the continuing inclusion of wind etc in the UI means progress in that area is planned, and I hope also there is thought to enhancing the SP experience - though I do also hope more SP-bound people try MP when it's friendlier.

My standards are perhaps a little lower than most and I'd put up with a basic grey windows-based configuration UI if it fronted a fully featured game environment, the UI looks good enough to do what it needs to and maybe there'd be configuration (or customisation) options later so people can tart it up to their liking.

For now the actual options in the UI haven't changed much, but the consolidation and competition structure are welcome, so hopefully things continue to move and in the right direction.

br444m, mixer61 and d0nd33 like this.
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I really want to get Into online. I love iracing for the drop in and play. I just cant justify that cost. If rf2 offers the same it's tempting

3. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Alex72 likes this.
  4. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Motec partnership was announced some time ago if I remember correctly, are able to view the motec logs in the UI?
    I hope that we could have some sort of track overlay to compare driving line, brake, throttle and speed in the UI.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.UI I like the clean uncluttered look,
    although I'd really like an "Advanced Users Only" tab
    which has a big list of options alot of which are only currently found in the Jsonfile things like "mirrors on/off during replay" & lots of other little things like that

mister dog, tpw, ADSTA and 5 others like this.
  6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think I will be enormously disappointed by the new UI, HUD, and other related features.

I'm going to get the idea, otherwise I'll be disgusted after 2 years of waiting.

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. Depco

Depco Registered

It seems to me that the New UI and Competition infrastructure is focused squarely on competitive online E-sports competition Having the proper tools for this purpose could make rF2 the go to Sim for legitimate competition.

As a league Admin and online racer I wholly welcome this direction. I do wonder what will become of GetMod functionality though. It would be great of the server would direct GetMod to the steam workshop for DL of available content. Modded content would, of course still need to be manually entered into the vmod. The roadmap hinted at integration of the steam workshop, but I believe it was only that the workshop would be directly accessible from the web based UI and not integrated into the Vmod GetMod system.

juanchioooo likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I would wait with calling the UI empty until some more features are added to the sim along the way. The Motec integration is a good example. As I understand it, they have finished transfering all current functionality, cleaned up some stuff and even added some comfort features in places. I am amazed that nobody mentioned the search function yet. That's a pretty important thing in my book. And for the people who don't like the looks of this UI, there will be plenty of options to create UI versions with your own color palette and fonts.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I mentioned it. Improved content selection is definitely a nice new detail.

I don't think there is possibility to be disappointed by new ui, unless you're too attached to current one. But it is probably good to keep expectations low, so you would win in all scenarios.

10. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

One question... will we have any kind of offline championship manager or something like that in the new UI??

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

If nothing for offline is added I'll warn everyone now I'll be disappointed

12. Filip

Filip Registered

For non-native English speakers like me: what does "Font unsightly and Bold is falling" means?
    BTW I can't see any contrast issues?

I like this dessign: pretty, clean, informative.
    Regarding empty space: imo this is rarely a problem in a good design like this. Bigger problem would be too much options stuffed onto one screen.
    Good design includes meaningful grouping of options, and to me that is the case here. It would be wrong to put settings that are not related to weather, track and session just to fill up space.

That said I hope for as many options in the UI as possible, removing them from jsons, but I am aware this can be dangerous for debugging purposes.

Turbo likes this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

What do you need specifically for sp?

14. elbo

elbo Registered

User name checks out...

15. muzikant

muzikant Registered

I hope for offline car filters... like raceroom experience have. It works fine :)

Looking forward to the Nordschleife track... is there any news for a release date? Hope it comes this summer

16. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Offline championship with a good multiclass car selector is what I am hoping for in the UI. Not sure if that hope is diminishing or not. No news is good news??

I’m sure i’ll try out any improved online pickup racing but for me offline is my go to on all sims.

17. fbiehne

fbiehne Registered

Add to that an easy to use skin selector. Cherry on the top would be AI customization (strength, aggressivness etc), all within this new UI.

18. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I am probably inferring too much from "As the whole UI is web based" that it will be in HTML and then possible to edit the UI somewhat in the way HistorX did for rF1.

Alex72 and bwana like this.
  19. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I am an offline player because I do not have time for championships. Currently entering online rfactor 2 is exasperating. If with the new UI it will be easier to enter a casual career, my preferred option will be online evidently :)

20. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

I'm not happy now after see this update. Why? Because I haven't seen anything like thats what is in any modern sim racing title is avaliable like as career, custom championship and any other offline challenges. This will be only a simple and nice UI but just nothing more. I will be happy with that, but I'm hope that we get in the future some offline challenges with new achievements and some other AI improvements.

But I haven't seen anything special.

I have so many tracks and cars in iRacing and I'm waiting for the AI long time ago. I don't think that after we get these things (career, custom championship and other things) I'm back to rF2.

I bought the DLC of Reiza like as so many other packs from the team, but I'll better think about the purchases esspecially in the future...

Maybe if this title will be a good game and a good sim too at the same time.