[REL] Riverside International Raceway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by toebee, Apr 5, 2017.

1. enduser

enduser Registered

Watkins Glen, Bridgehampton & now Riverside gj guys great mods.

Filip and tpw like this.
  2. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

and with any luck, NJMP and maybe even Calabogie ;)

enduser likes this.
  3. dylbie

dylbie Registered

One of my all time favourite tracks BUT... Are there any plans for some optimisation work on this?

Tried in both VR and on a single screen and FPS isn't great. Also, my replays are going in slow motion here with some cars and the CPU bar is getting maxxed. All other tracks seem ok so I'm guessing it's track specific.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi
    How the h… I missed this masterpiece?! I have it in my rfactor2 but I don’t know how come I never drove in it. With my motion system it’s more alive .The only thing it needs is some optimization specially in VR I have bad performance. I saw tye comments in steam and most of them ask to optimize it for VR.
    Thanks

Hazi likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you like Riverside, you MUST drive Bridgehampton

Hazi likes this.
  6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea, I already downloaded it and I will try tomorrow. Personally I use only ufficiale cars/tracks from Studio397 and rarely drive third party mods. I appreciate all modders work but I prefer laser scan tracks and cars with real data from the teams. Another issue I found in third party tracks that they are bad optimized in VR . Maybe I use 4-5 third party tracks in all . This one is really high quality but as usual almost all third party tracks have bad performance in VR. However thanks for you

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Getting laser scans of Riverside or the Bridge will never happen, afaIk, the tracks have long ago surrendered to suburbia. Bridgehampton is an AC port and really rewards choosing soft suspension cars(i.e. the old Lola/Howston) as the track surface is weathered to the extreme.(not lumpy due to a poor mesh, but a track built on sand in the North East.) Taking a low downforce car over the crest at the end of the main straight is.....extremely rewarding when you get it right.
    Unfortunately, I cannot comment on VR performance, single screen with a VERY VERY old video card.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  8. Emery

Emery Registered

Both Riverside and Bridgehampton are LilSki's work from AC. Riverside has zero useful lidar data available, so LilSki worked from track maps that had elevations noted, topographic maps, and photographs. Bridgehampton has higher quality survey maps and, importantly, lidar data from the bridge down through T1 because that surface was preserved during the conversion to a golf course. After Bridgehampton, LilSki stopped trying to make tracks without lidar data. Lilski's historical preference was to build them as they were at the end of their life in the late '80s or early '90s, before Riverside became homes & a shopping mall and Bridgehampton became a golf course.

Group C/IMSA mods are particularly appropriate for Riverside as depicted and the '70s vintage stock car mod is also a good match. Bridgehampton's last major race was in 1971, though club racing, track days, and racing school activity persisted until 1998.

LilSki also did Watkins Glen from lidar, then LilSki and Johnr777 teamed up to give us Road America from lidar. I think the AC version of Road America has had an update that hopefully will find its way to rF2. Johnr777 also is responsible for the lidar Mosport (Canadian Tire) that's been converted to rF2. Now Johnr777 has released a lidar Road Atlanta beta in AC that's pretty nice!

9. Filip

Filip Registered

No! Not Riverside!
    I thought it was scanned.
    I knew I shouldn't have enjoyed it.

Eric Rowland and Emery like this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And THAT is why Laser Scans are nice, Laser Scans are Keen, Laser Scans are accurate. But there is so much quality out there that does not have the benefit of a light ray bouncing off the dirt, you just limit your enjoyment if you insist on only Laser tracks.

Filip and Manfredk2 like this.
  11. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Laser scanned is pure fashion for me
    Not interested. All we need are tracks made well with love like this Riverside, Rouen, old Spa, old Monaco, ect ....