The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Gm seems to be better at telling jokes (he is a funny guy) then giving advice about ffb imo - prefer jimmys judgement more.

However. In the testing phase I did mention the cars are still very AMS-ey to me. They don't feel on par ffb wise to the new gt packs, and they aren't as detailed in my opinion. Also I think visually theyre not on par with the newest rf2 stuff. (compare the MR1s alloys to an lmp car in rf2). Renato himself mentioned theyre not using as many polygons.

They just feel like very good mods to me - however the tracks is what I will play the most, as these are up with some of the greatest.

Don't get me wrong its a great pack, but when I play a reiza track and a car in rf2 it feels more like AMS2 then rf2.

Suppose its a glimpse into what we COULD expect!

felirrari likes this.
  2. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

The more advanced tyre model, chassis flex, real road, how the ffb works, for example AMS uses the RealFeelPlugin while in rF2 is what comes form the tires/suspensions with some enhacements from rF1.
    AMS uses the rF1 physics engine with some enhacements, while rF2 is an evolution of the same engine, with additional stuff like the ones i wrote above.

bwana, Ari Antero and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  3. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Yes this reported a very long time ago in the AMS forums but sadly never got any attention maybe it will now.

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

thing I noticed, if you compare the ffb between the MCR and the Radical SRW. The MCR has lots of road noise you can feel all the bumps down the back straight and the hairpin is heavy on the wheel, theres much more SAT. The rad theres very little road noise coming thru wheel and again it goes light on fast corners.

I think I prefer the MCR ffb honestly!

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Registered

From what I'm seeing its the interior mirror that is eating the fps on the Reiza cars.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Had a proper good go through the content earlier about 4hrs
    Agreed with the comment of personal taste etc

The formula V is perhaps the only item
    I’ll personally use , the other cars feel ultra planted ( green track ) to me,
    I’ll check in on them after any updates though

The tracks are pretty standard obviously not Sebring standard

I’d happily do a few online sessions with the formula V that will be fun
    Missing front suspension on the front is odd
    ( VR user )

Roll on new UI & online structure , happy times

( Gamer muscles vid way to long for me to watch )

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

just tried the oreca at imola in comparison to the MCR and Rad SRW, and the ffb feel more like the MCR (heavier SAT more road noise). I know the cars are different but the feel of reizas ffb is nearer s397 newer stuff. (don't compare to the old ISI crap ffb!)

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

so anyone see this?? Through the glass all kerbs are weird?!

cleared shaders etc..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I thought mr.Sw1tchblade meant how can Reiza cars in rF2 have different physics to other cars in rF2, as I think has been suggested. I suppose that if they have created new tyre models that would make a fundamental difference otherwise they have the same limitations of the rF2 physics engine as any other modder.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

but ams is using rf2 cpm tyres?!

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

ohh they must have included the 4k or 5k mirrors they use in AMS. Why years later you cant pick a mirror res in graphics menu is beyond me. Even in AMS these mirrors can eat your fps.
    S397 stick to 2k mirrors I think @RSimioni

13. bwana

bwana Registered

we miss you WW , ;) come home ...

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Why are you generalizing everything? I got to tell you I would take the FFB of the Eve or any other of the old historic ISI cars over the FFB of the Puma GTE. Go download the first rF2 build to make up a clear mind before writing such nonesense. ISI were certainly not a bunch of amateurs when they produced this software, because otherwise people wouldn't hold so much onto the great FFB and physics half a decade later and most other devs aren't anywhere near.

Tried the Puma GTE at historic Imola today and tried to get a feeling for the car, but it is just not there. It snaps so suddenly out of nowhere that you can't do anything once it is gone - and that edge while turn in is very thin. It reminds me a bit of the old rF1 physics where you can't do anything when the cars breaks loose. It was in changing conditions so that didn't make it better. Visualy, the car needs some work aswell. The first thing that instantly comes into my mind is the steering wheel that has the wrong pivot and I wonder how soemthing like that can slip. I have a lot of respect for Reiza, but this just shows that working with rF2 is a different beast. So after that little disappointment I took the fantastic T280 by PIXSIM around the track and it was a delight. How the tires work over those tarmac patches is sensational and that car is like made for the track. Tamburello and Tosa afterwards is a blizz combination, where you feel everything working at the edge. Simply fantastic. If this is a sign of the rest of the tracks in the pack, then the 20 bucks are worth the tracks alone and it gives me hope that we will see mor historic tracks for rF2 in the future. Fingers crossed.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Agreed , not sure if some of these Reiza conversion cars are simplified in an attempt to help PC’s achieve a higher FPS etc?
    Not passing to much judgement future will tell as may be lots of updates , maybe the Reiza pack was released a tad early etc

Anyhow I’m not that bothered as Rfactor2 has already a choice of great depthy physics cars
    ..... yes some of them very old but I don’t fall into the trap of thinking “ the newer the better” & laser scan tracks on the way +nice updates
    Happy times

Ps Rfactor2 has been my no.1 sim
    Iracing 2nd , I’ve really disliked AC due to imo sub par depth in physics/ffb , any cars introduced into rf2 that seem to mimic this then not a good opinion from me

16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Oh, my bad so.
    I've spent some time this evening doing some laps at Sebring with the AJR and i didn't feel so many differences from other official cars, of course the car is different and it feel and behave different, but i still had the feeling of driving in rF2.
    I loved this combo.
    I agree with @hitm4k3r about the Puma GTE though, i tired the same combo and i had the same feelings.
    I also tried the Metalmoro MR18 at Road Atlanta (default setup just for trying it) and it was undrivable, i'll doing some other tests tomorrow with some tweaks on the setup, but first impressions were really bad, i'd like to know what the other think about it.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If this is a question, the answer is no. You might need to be a little clearer.

Mauro likes this.
  18. mr.Sw1tchblade

@Seven Smiles
    Yes,i am curious about it too. Because some ppl saying dlc cars have different physics.
    I bought Reiza dlc but i cant test it my self at this weekend.
    I thought dlc cars share the same tyre model with s397 gt3 packs.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is there a suggestion that they share the same tyres, or are we talking the tyre technology?

My understanding is AMS uses enhanced rF1 style physics, which is data driven (slip tables and the like). Indeed I thought this was one of the reasons Niels stayed with that engine after rF2 came out, as the data he had available was too difficult to replicate using the rF2 "model a tyre, calculate how it behaves" approach.

We know from recent(-ish) blog posts that ISI/S397 got tyre data they later found wasn't totally accurate (and led to an incorrect assumption in their model, which they've subsequently fixed), so there's a lot of wiggle room between the data Reiza used in AMS and the outcome of the tyre modelling in rF2. I imagine if the data provided isn't quite correct, or rF2's model and subsequent behaviour is sufficiently different enough that correlation proves difficult, you could end up a rabbit's hole of tweaking and adjustment while you hunt for the correct outcome. You'd be sorely tempted to draw a line at some point and say well that's the best we can realistically do.

Cangrejo likes this.
  20. mr.Sw1tchblade

@Lazza
    I just don't know anything about tyres. And i missed blog posts you mentioned. That's why i am asking stupid questions :)