The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. RSimioni

RSimioni Registered

The movement may be from head physics, try lowering head physics slider to 0% in the main menu Options > Controls page.

Thanks for the reports btw - if you may please direct further reports in our forum thread on this release will be very helpful, we intend to sort as much as we can as quickly as possible :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Emery, EsxPaul, Travis and 16 others like this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What aggression setting are people running on the MR12 , AJR and MCR 2000 ? I am having a really hard time just running with the pack ! They keep turning in on me and punting me right off track :( Im good for about 107% strength in practice and qually but as soon as im in a field their snotting me left and right even at 25% aggression !!

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I'm not sold on the car physics. I'm struggling to feel any feedback when the car slides or loses grip. The Formula VEE ffb to MCR feel miles apart, like one is very minimal and the other is shaking my wheel apart (are you using feeler stuff in the hdv? Please say no...)

I think work needs done on the tgm and chassis, they're not giving any feedback when the car slides. I can accept cars being nervous, but they're all nervous and slide in the same manner. You have to drive under the limit, very gentle with all applications. If you can throw a Radical or LMP2 around and understand the limit while catching slides, mechanically and aerodynamically, then I feel cars these should follow rF2 standards. They're harder to drive then an LMP2 just because the feeling is numb and weak. If I could feel the rear or tyres better then it may change how I feel about them. But feels like they've tried to port AMS physics into rF2 and it's not gone 100% well.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

My wheel was shaking but more than I’d expect, but I’ve not used Rf2 for a while so I thought I might have to re-select option for my ffb wheel ( bodnar V2 ) as rf2 has had a lot of updates over last 6 months

Physics on the rieza cars seem a little “tight”/slightly less depth as if the physics table their using is taking a few more shortcuts maybe to help on PC resource (unlike some of the earlier rfactor2 cars) ir it maybe they need further updates

I don’t think being able to catch a slide is a good judgment of a sim cars physics some cars in real life are death traps if pushed close to the limit

Think they released to hit end of March
    A decent 1st release though

5. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Registered

Head physics and lock to horizon are both disabled and i don't get any cockpit/head movement in S397 cars. I just made a post in your forums with some screenshots. Hope it helps :)

Didn't test the AI with those cars, bit i've noticed some quite aggressive AI maneuvers with the Puma P052 in Ibarra as well. Looks like they really want to be first and have all the space they can get in the narrow sections of the tracks.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I'd like to express my opinion that physics are not too hard. But on the contrary.

Steering felt too precise so I ended up using few percent error of steering degress on purpose. And perhaps thats core software thing, and I might be using this all the time, except for competitive racing.

I like that not every slide results in FFB doing it all for you and tires magically gripping up as you wish, it takes one or a few more additional checks to feel if the car is set for countersteering, and thas wwhat I see in many onboards, when it gets rough. I think thats how it should be. It is hard to understand mechanics of how oversteer affects steering, but I think it is very realistic that sometimes steering wheel just won't do as much, as the driver is supposed to be doing, so I am glad that not 100percent of slides are corrected by FFB, but I have to do it. No neon signs, just pure concentration and respect to the car. And still FFB is doing a lot of job.

Another thing I thought was that longitudinal grip in the wet is too good. Lateral grip is believable to my understanding.

Korva7 and bwana like this.
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Registered

Great release, but for me there is two niggles, from cockpit view in the Reiza cars they seem to drain the fps, use one of their cars, then jump into RF2 car, and I was losing on average 50/80fps that is a huge amount, maybe this should be looked at.
    Also the tracks aren't really good for night racing as they track lights are so dim, as are the car lights..

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

oooh, got to try night ! :D by the way, try Goodwood at night lol

9. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I didn't say I only judged the cars with one test measurement. Nor did I say it was too hard or difficult. I said I felt very little. It feels like iRacing, when it's gone it's gone. You drive iracing by memory, not through feel of the tyres or car. rF2 physics are known for giving the ffb of the car. To me, the rear isn't giving me any information in regard to balance. Why sliding is a good measurement, because when you drive the Skip Barber you can feel that moment when the tyres are slipping or the weight is shifting. Whether you save the slide or the car movement is another element of physics. I'm very happy to drive cars that try and kill you, like the GT500. That thing snaps if you overstep the mark, but the key difference is you can feel the limit. It's rear is telling me, that was too soon on the power. These cars just don't give the same response. When it slides the wheel doesn't react or anything, which seems unrealistic to me. Visual driving should be used, but if we're arguing the ffb should be less or none existent, then why do we drive with wheels that have ffb motors?

Adrianstealth likes this.
  10. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

We should consider some of the work that was done to refine the AMS platform that may not exist in rF2 currently. The audio in AMS received a lot of work as did modeling of some of the other systems (drive-train, engine, FFB, etc.). In combination, some advancements and fine-tuning took AMS to the next level imo; rF2 is not in the same place yet as a platform.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  11. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I'd personally watch GamerMuscle stream here

He's very honest and knows a wide range of games and handling models.

12. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Doesn't all our opinion come from whether it is to our taste or not?

I dunno why but businesses keep giving streamers free content in a way to influence audiences to buy or not buy products. To say they give "no valuable information" is a bit steep.

13. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

is no one driving in CP view ? Mirrors are fine ? I cannot change them with STRG or ALT, only shift is working. Thats liek every second mod out there. :(

oh and these cars are tailhappy like hell, not so funny. Moros are good, but the rest ?
    Tracks are fine, i like the two new ones.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

My heart always starts racing when GM starts mentioning FFb, slip angles and so...

It is great that streamer is reaching for that. But I don't think the insight is always great.

I do think that there is severe lack of simracing streamers, content creators, that would have a skill of truly great expertise in vehicle dynamics and critical thinking about it, and could brighten up a lot of sirmacers while staying relevant and entertaining. There was a guy named Niels once, but he is too good.

Korva7 and bwana like this.
  15. Tompa

Tompa Registered

He LOVES the Formula Vee.

He compares it with skippy in iRacing although I think this car looks more difficult
    to drive then the skippy. I haven't bought it yet, looking to see if any servers come up.

16. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Formula Vee best of the bunch, feels very similar to Skippy in rF2 but more snappy. I've not really had to adjust ffb strength but it seems these cars need more work in setup in that department. Moro perhaps needs more adjusting to regain the loss of feel.

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

"If everybody likes you, you aren't doing something right".

I guess same applies to car handling and FFB in simulations.

18. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Can someone explain how cars sharing the same physical engine are able to have different physics?
    I feel i am missed something.

19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't know if I should watch this stream any longer than ten minutes. As mostly, when I watch some of his stuff he is semi competent when it comes to driving and tries to give expertise about physics and FFB at the same time. He engages a green track, that he doesn't know like a maniac in the outlap and starts complaining about the tires getting flatspots rather easily. No comment about the chat either :rolleyes:

EsxPaul and bwana like this.
  20. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I bought the cars and pack, I've tried them and this probably the first rF2 car dlc/new official content that hasn't wowed me or made me like them. I've bought the product and thought "it's not brilliant". I'm fine with not enjoying a particular car or track, everyone likes different things. But I feel these cars are not just preference related, but the foundations need work. The Moro's are driveable but the front feels weirdly disconnected with the rotation of steering given. The more I drive, the more it feels like it's snapping into place. Perhaps it's just me, but the LMP2/3 feel more realistic and correct (if that can be used) to how you expect a light weight car that has aero to handle.

I'd be interested to know if this was all Reiza own physics or s397 helped them. I'm happy to see development but I don't see these cars being better or adding when compared to the Endurance/GT pack. It's good to see the tracks in rF2, they're all ace.