[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2018 v8.90 - FULL INSTALL UPDATED 24 MAR 2018

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Mar 6, 2019.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

PS Aiden - love the colour scheme of your car. Looks a treat.

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Thanks Jeremy, I'll give it a test when I get home (stupid GMT) and see what happens.

And thanks for the feedback! It's my first attempt at creating something that looks vaguely V8-ish. Reminds me of the Fair Dinkum car that Karl Reindler got BBQ'd in at Barbagallo. It's also free advertising for the family business XD

3. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

If you guys don't run on race servers and you want to test the small update and you know how to install into package manager, then I have uploaded a small patch to mediafire. This should stop the whine externally which I may make optional in the interior later on. It also sorts the Nissan steering wheel and seat missing.

REMOVED FILE TO UPDATE A NEWER ONE

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    JimmyT, MarcG and Corti like this.
  4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Great news! It now works!

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Attached Files:

• fvr.jpg
      fvr.jpg
      File size:
      173.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Not sure what the sound issue is, I haven't heard of that issue before and these are the same sounds we've been using since 2014 with same levels and I don't believe we've had complaints. I would like to think you don't hear the opposition too loud anyway when driving cockpit view as you have ear plugs, helmet and your car is fully enclosed and you have your engine sound. I guess it depends what your expectations are. We are basing the sounds off the television in car camera and I don't think you hear the opposition that loud because of your own noise.. Maybe have a listen to some of the videos of the mod and see if that is the same. As for that line - yes 2014 and 2016 are basically one in the same track. The fact it doesn't happen at Adelaide is a setting on track with how the transparency works. We've probably picked the same channel as that line. I'll have a look at it next time round, thanks for pointing it out.

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks for the mod FlashQld, I've been running lots of laps at Eastern Creek in these and have enjoyed every minute. :D

FlashQld and pkelly like this.
  8. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

like S397 GT3/GTE, thats fine, you hear the own machine, but also the opponents if they come nearer.
    Mods like yours and also GP3 for example are to quiet, own machine is everything i hear.

9. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

If you are wearing a helmet and ear plugs and you have a loud car - I don't believe you would hear the other cars at all otherwise they would have to be louder than yours which would be incorrect. If we listen inside the cars on the onboard shots when the commentators aren't speaking you can't hear the other cars. That was the effect we are trying to achieve to show that realism. I mean correct me if I am wrong, I believe the only time you may hear them is at the start of the race when there is a bunch of them in front of you. I've listened to a lap with Jamie Whincup and bearing in mind the microphone is not inside a helmet and you can just hear the car in front but very minutely and the engine noise in your own car is reduced. I am at odds what to do here as I don't believe its realistic. If peeps want more sounds then maybe we need to have a poll and see where it stands.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Corti likes this.
  10. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

OK, as a fan of the V8 series, was excited to come across this thread. Would love to subscribe, but having a issue finding it on Steam. Could someone point me in the right direction? TIA
    M

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

12. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

MarcG likes this.
  13. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

This is what is coming, just starting to export into game. This is totally scratch built from an initial rectangle..... Capture.JPG

nipzon, Churrinche, FuNK! and 21 others like this.
  14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Mate sorry - it appears while we were building this mod S397 changed the way the opponent sound operates. Thanks JimmyT for pointing that one out and Akela_DE for highlighting. We will make changes for the next update and may look at possible adjustment in menu if possible as well.

15. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

Cool nice work so far on the Mustang FlashQLD.

16. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Thanks Vance - tried to call you recently on my 10 versions of your number but no luck. Can't recall why now. May be to say g'day.

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Mustang's looking good!

18. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Cheers - once it has a skin on it lookout.

Brack Jabham likes this.
  19. pennywiseguy

pennywiseguy Registered

Hi Flash and gang, loving the Mustang progress.

Just a quick question about the "FuelEstimate=" number you guys use in the engine.ini, being 0.71, is there a reason for this? I have had a play and find a number nearer to 0.95 - 1.0 to work a lot better, in that it helps the AI predict the amount of fuel for race stints a lot more accurately, as well as my own setup. Currently, the 0.71 figure, means the AI often don't have enough fuel to make the first pit stop and DNF with no fuel or they don't fill up enough during their first or second stops, meaning an extra stop is required.

I have tested this on Symmons, Townsville and Queensland, (fuel usage x4 in race, x1 in practise) as well as official 397 Interlagos and Zandvoort, as I know the "FuelUse=" in .aiw can be a factor if not properly calculated.

Since running with a higher number, I no longer have AI running out of fuel or making extra stops.

Apologies if I have missed a reason you do use this smaller number.

Loving your work and keep it up!

20. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

pennywiseguy thanks for the info, not sure why that is set that low could be a carry over from using the S397 spreadsheet. We will take those values into testing and see if we can make an improvement.