Virtual rides not showing on vehicle selection menu after build 3646315

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by gluon, Mar 21, 2019.

1. gluon

gluon Registered

After the latest update (Steam BuildID 3646315) my virtual rides stopped showing on the vehicle selection menu, although the files are still present in "UserData\player\Settings\".

Newly created virtual rides also don't show, so effectively right now it's impossible to use virtual rides on my installation.

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you give us some more details? Which car for example. Pass me your files so I can take a look.

3. gluon

gluon Registered

Thanks for the reply!

I noticed this initially with the Aston Martin Vantage GT3, because I already had a virtual ride created for this car before the update which I used almost daily and suddenly it was gone from the menu. However, if I create a new virtual ride, for this car or some other it still doesn't show at all, giving me no way to select it.

I've attached my Aston Martin files, including my initial ride (0.rcd) and also a new one I tried to create after the update (1.rcd). Again, neither is showing. I didn't include the DDS files because the resulting file size was too big to upload to the forum, but if you need those to diagnose, I can make them available elsewhere.

Attached Files:

Bostrom and Christopher Elliott like this.
  4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

All my virtual drives from the GT3/Endurance packs disappeared after yesterday's update as well (about 100 in total). :mad:
    It all has to do with the .VEH file reference in the .rcd files.....Looks like they renamed all the veh files....Beyond me why they would do this but whatever.

However unlike you, I had no issues creating a sample virtual ride for each car to obtain the correct veh filename. Once I had it, I just replaced it in the rcd files of my previous virtual rides and they showed up once again.

One bug I'm still noticing specifically with the Aston is that the custom skin isn't showing properly in the Tuning menu, it still shows the skin linked to the veh file, but once on track, AI is using the custom skin as expected.

Bostrom and gluon like this.
  5. gluon

gluon Registered

@Christopher Elliott,

After trying out the creation of new test virtual rides with a different driver name (I was repeating my own name previously) they started showing up as normal again! For some reason if I use repeated names, they don't show up, but maybe that's normal behaviour and I simply didn't know about it.

What @fsuarez79 said though seems to be spot on. At least on the Aston Martin I could confirm there's a new .VEH file reference AMV_GT3_015A4D4D5D.VEH instead of AMV_GT3_01.VEH like before. So like he suggested I've just replaced that on my old missing virtual ride's rcd file and it's showing on the vehicle selection menu again!

So for me this is a solved issue, but probably anyone with old virtual rides (at least on the Aston Martin) will have to change that .VEH file reference replacing it with the new name.

D.Painter, Bostrom and fsuarez79 like this.
  6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The answer to this is as simple as some nut wit keeps changing the veh AMV_GT3_015A4D4D5D.VEH line on all the cars between updates.

You need to either explain that there is a very good reason behind it or sack the prat who keeps doing it so it doesn't happen again!
    It's a lot off work to redo for a great number of people just for someone who is living in Moron Vill !!!!
    Isn't there enough issue with the skins system already without stupid adding to it???

wrxxy, Bostrom and Highlandwalker like this.