Problem FORMATION/standing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by theseven13, Feb 4, 2018.

1. theseven13

theseven13 Registered

Hello
    our league has a problem since the last two updates.
    The "training / standing" works randomly.
    example: we do the formation lap then we place ourselves on the starting grid but the starting lights do not start and departure either. or 1minute after.
    How can we solve this problem? who had this problem?

Sorry for my English we are a French f1cl league

Thank you

2. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

We have the same problem.
    After the forming lap and setting up on the start fields, the lights do not shine. Nothing happens. The starting procedure does not start.
    We ask for help.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Does it work randomly at the same track or does it work on some tracks and not on others at random?
    It might also help if you submit a bit more information like which mod (cars) you use and which tracks you have the issue on.
    I have this problem on certain tracks but I don't normally do formation / standing so I haven't taken notes on which tracks give me the problem.

4. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

The tracks and mod can be downloaded here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1qU03TTk3SqcCnh79rgwjwLOSHlwYpcPB
    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1C2UVwZcbFww9D-rxibf7YiYulImSYmJU

In Australia, during tests with different people, the lights did not work. It happened but very rarely that the lights were working.
    During the race (18 people), the lights worked.

In Bahrain, the lights did not work on the race (18 people). On tests, they worked once and not once.

Now we have the China track. Several people do not work on tests.

Of course, I am talking about the fact that the lights do not work after the forming lap. Starting from the place is everything ok

When I enter the server myself, the lights do not always work after forming a lap.

5. Flipo

Flipo Registered

In our league the same thing happens, once the formation lap is finished, the lights are not turned on and the cars burn the engine. Circuit Bahrain 1.58 and Australia FSR Australia 2018

6. lagg

lagg Registered

It's weird. We did the Bahrain race without this problem.

McNolo likes this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

If I had to guess, it's a track problem. Also if all clients don't have their cars exactly in the grid position, this will happen. There might be some failsafe mechanism that triggers the start automatically if cars are not in correct position still after one minute.

8. McNolo

McNolo Registered

In a track, I set the AIW with the starting positions, I set the semaphore to turn on and off and I configure how many lights the semaphore has ... everything else is out of my reach, the game does.

One thing is clear, if for some people the track works and for others don't works, the track can't be the problem. If there was a problem on the track (with the semaphores, for example), it would never work. In addition, it is too much coincidence that the same thing happens in different tracks that works perfectly for other people, think about that.

9. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

It seems to me that there is an option for this computer to set players in positions if they have misplaced vehicles.
    Is there an option in the game where you can set it?

10. doberk

doberk Registered

I have the same problem in my league. In Melbourne lights took around 1 minute to start, with all cars correctly positioned. In Bahrain one toro rosso was out of his grid position. He moved back and forward several times searching for a good position, and obviously the lights don't turn on if there is car in movement or not correctly positioned. But, after the car was right, the lights took again around 30-40 seconds, a lot of time for F1 engines, than begin heating.

This season we have introduced new tracks, but melbourne and bahrain aren't. We used these tracks last season and they worked good.

As the first post in this thread says, we also have noticed this issue two updates ago.

I have updated the server right now, hoping studio-397 solve this issue. Steamcmd found a new version and updated my server. We will see the next race.

11. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

My guess would be the AIW does not have the "Teleport Spot" configured. Do the AI "jump" the correct spot on the grid if you press space on the formation lap?

SS

12. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

The problem only occurs when we are on the server and we go with people. When we test ourselves for offline or AI it always works correctly.
    During forming (offline) pressing the space will set the correct cars on the start. All parameters from AIW are the same as last year.
    The problem is rather in the car mod. But I'm not really sure if this is also a problem to update the game.

13. IcyIce

IcyIce Registered

We have the same Problem in our League and it was on every Track since we started the season.
    Only things that worked for us is to restart the server a few hours before the Race starts and NOT to restart a Race. Hope they can find out what the Problem is.

14. doberk

doberk Registered

have anybody found a solution for this problem?

15. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Year has passed and yesterday we had the same situation in Australian Grand Prix (Albert Park). New mod, new rf2 build, same track. So we (rafalgt and me) didn't find a solution unfortunately. Anyone else ?

16. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Above is mentioned that it only happens online.
    Is that correct?
    Does it work properly when it is used offline?

17. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

We tested this a while back and couldn't get it to happen. Maybe someone wasn't lined up right or something.

Ari Antero likes this.
  18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Not only online, some offline tracks get that. I also get "rolling start" never going into race, on some tracks only.

BTW, I am currently working on implementing order messages (formation/rolling/safety car phase) for online in the Crew Chief. Experience would not be as great as in offline (at least for now), because there's no SC speed available via internals during online session. But that should still make things a bit better.

19. Bernd

Bernd Registered

These problems can have different reasons, so it's alway necessary to know, which track exactly has which problem.
    But sometimes, as @Coutie has said already, such problems can not be reproduced.

Ari Antero likes this.
  20. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Yes, for us running offline on same track means no problems. We also checked that everyone was standing correctly.