G27 Configuration

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by M_Antonio, Mar 15, 2019.

1. M_Antonio

M_Antonio Registered

Hello, I'm new to rFactor 2. I have played the previous entry, rFactor, and some other racing sims before (LFS, Assetto Corsa, RBR). So I wonder if there is a guide about the proper setup for this racing wheel on this simulator, I have searched on the forums, but I haven't found anything yet. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Should be good to go, just set up the buttons to your liking.

3. M_Antonio

M_Antonio Registered

Thanks! Also, now that I'm playing, I feel like the driving it's in slow motion and stutters a lot, but then I watch the FPS counter and they are over 200FPS. So I don't know what it's happening. This is while I'm testing the skip barber car in Zandvort.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a CPU problem. Press ctrl+c and see if the purple bar is full.

5. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

there are 2 versions of skippy, national and regional. the other has slicks and other "road"tires. with slicks it's much grippier (obviously), but you cant lift your foot off the throttle fast with the slicks either, or the enginebrake will snap spin you. it takes some getting use to the characterics of the car, and it allways suprises me when i drive it after long brake. after some laps i get the hang of it again tough. it's a fantastic car!!!! just needs gentle touch. it's a trainer openwheeler and made that way on purpose.
    you find the slicks version under tuning option

about your stutters, give some more information about your gaming setup: like your cpu, gpu, ram size, are you using triple screens or single, whats the resolution on your screen, in game settings? this game can be pita sometimes when changing hardware or like you, just starting out with the game. the community is very helpful here, you'll get tons of help to sort out your problems;)

and welcome to rF2!!!

6. M_Antonio

M_Antonio Registered

Thanks for the reply, my current rig is a Pentium G4560, a GTX1050 and 8Gb Ram. I solved most of the issues enabling VSync and Aggressive Threading. I recently played an entire race in Toban with 5 oponents (Megane Trophy) and rain without any mayor stuttering (There only was an instance where the screen froze for 1-2 sec)

7. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

You could try to set max framerate in player.json instead of using v-sync. when the game is not possible to get 60 fps, it drops down to 30 if v-sync is enabled. if you seach the forums there are lots of info about this.