Endurance Pack Race Day CPU Stutters

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by benborp, Mar 12, 2019.

1. benborp

benborp Registered

I've had a recurring problem for the last few months.

For regular league events that use the Endurance Pack I have severe CPU induced stuttering. It only occurs during the race itself.

During online practice sessions that often have almost twice as many drivers as the race there are no problems. Running the mod offline I can run races with 60+ vehicles with no problems. I have been slowly optimising everything I can and often think that I have solved the problem but all I manage to do is increase the overhead so that the issue is a little less severe - previously I have had to drop out of stints and swap with another driver on the team or even retire from events. I'm now at the point where I'm fairly confident that I can manage to get through a stint but pace suffers. Framerate and stuttering seem to worsen whenever I'm driving in close proximity to the GTE Porsche. In the last race my teammates were also suffering from framerate and stuttering issues that they hadn't experienced in extensive testing prior to the race.

Does anyone know of any reason why the on-line race event should place much higher demands on the CPU than experienced anywhere else?