[REL] Celica gto IMSA + semi-fictional track

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by 32_Pixels, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

How hard it can bee so to understand so simple thing as pit lane speed limit ? o_O
    Celica don`t have any "Pit LImiter". If you go to any track which has pit lane speed limit with Celica you get message :" Pit lane speed limiter is not available on this vehicle." :rolleyes:

2. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

@32pixels May i repeat my request?

Hazi likes this.
  3. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Actually, no I don't get that message at all, which is why I posted what I did. It's okay though, I know how to put assholes on "ignore" in this forum, so I'll just do that.

Thanks for the Awesome track (one of the very best I've driven in any SIM) and the great car 32pixels :D.

4. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

One coming from me too if donation info is put out!

Since when it has become ok to call people assholes here?

bwana and Seven Smiles like this.
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

PitLimiter.jpg

I could also explained for you how to edit track > pit lane speed limit< with MAS2 tool which is very easy to do and it takes only few mins.
    However it seems not to be possible to communicate with you and it is better if you make thread to Modding>Track>Modding and ask from somebody else if you like to learn how its done.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    bwana likes this.
  6. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Well, I stand corrected and now I'm just a complete asshole! Found out I was using a Celica mod that came from a server (?), and not this one. It's the one updated by Juergen (sp?) that was based on the first version of this mod (or some thing like that). So I'll just bow out now.

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I would like to shout out modders who releases updates for content that they are not supposed to touch. :D

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Is this car on workshop now again?

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

10. Brad Dibble

Brad Dibble Registered

I cannot download Lester 2 from steam workshop for some unknown reason. Does anyone have an alternate download link?

11. Emery

Emery Registered

The IMSA & TransAm tires of that era had a quite hard compound, especially compared to sprint tires on lighter & lower-powered cars. Sliding was part of the game, but you had to keep it to the right level or the tires wore a bit too fast. Incredibly wide, too, so the sliding comes from both low & high tire temps. Driving them properly is a dance, anticipating the length of slide.

12. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

More i drive the car, more i love it.

For me the difference in laptimes between pushing hard and driving at "normal" pace is about 0.5-0.7 seconds. I can push hard for 1-1.5 laps to get that extra time of the laptime. The car becomes much more work to drive, and i have to be really quick and active with my hands.
    But even if i had the stamina to keep that going, if i dont ease off after that lap or two, my tire temps are gonna be too high and the slides gets excessive and eventually too hard to catch.
    And when i DO ease off, the temps go down and the car becomes easier and less work to drive again. THAT is so awesome.
    Makes me actually think tactically when im gonna use that extra push in the race. Using it for 1 vs 1 battles, putting pressure to the guy in front (or behind) of you, or to lurk for the possibility to overtake, makes it so much more "racy" for me.

I haven't enjoyed simracing this much in ages.

Everything in this car is just so spot on, and that it came out so finished without bugs (that i know of anyway) makes it hard to believe this to be individual effort. Who ever you are 32Pixels, i just want to say:
    This car is a godsent for us, old farts and veteran simracers who have been doing this since and before GLP and such titles. It somehow gives me that same feeling and atmosphere of those days of my simracing career. I really dont know how you were able to do this...perfect physics, sound, etc. and still include that atmosphere to it. MAGIC!

Last a big hats off to our buddy MELLY MEM, who lost the use of his legs awhile ago, but that persistent sob bought E-bike throttles to make hand throttle and brake to his T300 wheel. He mounted them to his wheel, did the electronics work all by himself, and now he's racing with us again.
    And he refuses to use any driving aids or auto shifting even(!), and after only couple of weeks practice he's doing proper racing and laptimes with his new setup. Today he did 1.27 flat in lester with this car, and there's more to come i tell you.
    MEM you beautiful ugly bastard! you're the best!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    John, Atsuki, pkelly and 9 others like this.
  13. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Have you tried the usual unsubscribe then resubscribe? If not, the unsub, close Steam, reopen Steam, resub method?

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Kudus to MM for his determination

mantasisg likes this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Sliding is not equal to sliding :D In some tracks where I drove car felt spot on, and in some it was accepting simply too much, even though it was real workout to keep it in control and it is fun. For example, in Lester at some point I was doing hotlaps with extreme slides all through numerous curves plenty laps in a row and kept improving laptimes. Then nearly nearly drifting through whole T1 in Lime Rock Park for a lot of laps in a row, and I also kept improving laptimes. Naturally tires gives up faster with such driving, and it is not like accepting unlimited amount of sliding and thats great. But my point is that single hardcore slide like this should be harder to manage, and probably ruin a pace for some next turns, if not whole lap, but it shouldn't be fastest way around the curve from turn-in to exit.

It is very well done mod. Anyway thats just some nitpicking, I don't think that it is a lot too much in this mod, also it is just my opinion. I don't see any racing cars being driven with that crazy amount of sliding and performing best while doing so (except of spectacular powerslides on turn exits). Also I think hard compound tires naturally has less sliding friction, that is one of the ways how they are more durable.

16. 32pixels

32pixels Registered

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, heart warming.
    I will update the mod soon, with a template for the car and a new AIW for the track (both layouts). I'll probably publish the track update in the Locations sub-forum.

Louis, Kelju_K, Churrinche and 15 others like this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

atomed, pascom, Flatspotter and 5 others like this.
  18. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

This car is epic at Bridgehampton!

Kelju_K and juanchioooo like this.
  19. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

where do i find template for this new (dx11) car? I'll be driving this car a lot so might aswell make a personal skin for it:)

Edit. never mind. got it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

There is a hole at the chicane, makes some cars crash :(

[​IMG]

Foresight and atomed like this.