[REL] Celica gto IMSA + semi-fictional track

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by 32_Pixels, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Tried both car and track. Both looks really well. I had two rf2 crashes after hitting the wall, it looks like tires explodes.

bravotangosix and Juergen-BY like this.
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

We drove the Celica in Lester online quite a lot yesterday. For racing we still lacked some practice, but we did a lot of hotlaps. I didn't expect that it could go that fast, at least in my control.

As usually.... I have an opinion lol. Car seems to be too easily abused over the limit, you can do huge slides at great speeds, I find it strange because I'd guess real tire would generate insane amount of heat during that amount and speed of sliding, and progressively loose a ton of grip because of overheating.

Also one thing I found strange in Lester during wet track drying. I don't understand what exactly happens there, but it is terribly hard to follow drying line in first turn, it almost seems like it disappears for a while, and you either guess it right, or you are off. Also something strange happens with reflections while going through the dip.

By the way puddles are super nicely done, looks perfect IMO. I wish they would actually cause hydroplaning and would splash, can only dream :D

4. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

This comment is only about Lester...there seems to be something that is causing every car I've tried (4 so far) to not be able to use the Pit Speed Limiter on your track. I'm not sure, but I think this is the only track I've seen this happen with.

The track itself is spectacular!!! I don't think S397 nor ISI (in the olden days) have produced a track of this quality. The new short layout is fantastic fun too...I only wish that I could "tweak" the AI so they could drive both layouts a bit better/cleaner. They're running into walls at a few places which causes some pile-ups...I've only tried 4 cars thus far, so my finding is obviously not absolute.

Thanks so much for sharing your masterpiece(s) ☺:D.

5. 32pixels

32pixels Registered

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    Be sure I am making a list with your issues, and I'll push an update trying to fix as much bugs as possible. (for both car and track)

Churrinche, bwana, DaveS78 and 14 others like this.
  6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Car don`t have any electrical aids IRL, no TC, ABS etc. Why should Celica have speed limiter ?

ApexModding and Rui Santos like this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

for the memories

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      599.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      133.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      69.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      457.3 KB
      Views:
  9. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

If you do look into the AI, please check rolling starts too and pit lane exit. Seem to be a couple of issues there. And if you could make them go carry more speed though the right/left chicane, that would be wonderful.

Otherwise, what an amazing circuit. Certainly in my top 3 mod tracks of all time.

@32pixels Do you have a way to accept donations?

10. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Thanks a lot!!!!

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Me and Ari were able to lap under 1'25.

I could expect it doing laps under 1'24, as I continued finding time. And aliens certainly could do faster.

It was very fun going on the limit, and very intense, but sliding at high speed and long distance felt a bit easy. Well, maybe easy is wrong word lol, but possible to keep control.

Will try Lime Rock today.

I'm looking for real laptimes, could only find few that helps, these are pole postitions from 1987.

Mid-Ohio with bus stop chicane before The Keyhole - http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/race.php?raceid=11810
    Road Atlanta, but it didn't had chicane at the end, must have been crazy for last turn - http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/race.php?raceid=11815
    LRP - http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/race.php?raceid=11824
    Watkins without bus stop - http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/race.php?raceid=11825

12. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Huh! I thought it was only happening to me. Hopefully this gets rectified. Content is excellent. Cars handling is first class.

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I did 1'30 at Mid Ohio so far, green track setting perhaps more rubber and more practice would have helped. I also spun there numerous times, car certainly didn't feel like if it was having too much controlable sliding. Though it was at slow turns, so it is most likely downforce thing with this car.

I did 51'58 in LRP rather easily at medium real road. I don't think I deserve such laptime lol car handling like a dream there. If I enter T1 too fast I lock rear wheels on engine braking, and I drifted whole T1 a few times, and didn't loose too much time. I thought that was not very realistic, but was fun lol

pS absolutely love tire sounds

14. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I never drove the Celica. I drove the Megane Trophy, 2 of the Apex GT3 cars and the Nissan GT4, all of which have a limiter. My comment was not about the Celica, but about the Track, Lester (there is no thread in the tracks section for Lester)...and I did mention that at the beginning of my post. Hopefully you and mesfigas can see that I wasn't complaining about a lack of a limiter on the Celica.... ;).

Also, 32pixels, on the sprint track loading screen, a graphic shows the GP circuit layout. You might want to show the sprint track instead (?).

mesfigas likes this.
  15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Well, 32pixels has made Lester as track to 1986 IMSA series and there was no pit line speed limit in 1986 IMSA competition rules.
    If you like to have pit lane speed limit to Lester use MAS2 and edit speed limit to pit lane. ;)

16. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Thanks for the info...but I'm not an rF2 modder, so I have no idea what you just said. However, I've just tried the new Celica and have enjoyed my time in it. It was quite a handful with the default set-up, but I managed to wrestle together my own set-up that allows me to keep the car on track and in (mostly) the right direction.

I did find this funny though...the Celica in rF2 has a "Pit LImiter" at other tracks, while the track Lester does not allow any car to have a "Pit Limiter", completely contradicting everything you've said about my earlier post :D.

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Do you have a donation account , you really should , ld be happy to shout you a 6 pack. love the added features around the port as well , even though this track reminds me too much of being at work its atmosphere is brilliant

Kelju_K and Ari Antero like this.
  18. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Outstanding job! I thought the Celica was a real handful and very unstable at first, but after a few laps when the tires warmed up it became much more driveable. The track is fantastic and is really spectacular at night! I was also pleasantly surprised to see my company's logo as I was driving!

Just curious, where is the location in New Jersey? Newark? It's definitely a port judging by all the shipping containers and gantry cranes.

My only criticism is the AIW. It has the same flaws as the original. The community update that was done had much better AIW; it particularly fixed the problem with the cars slowing as they exited the pits and the excessive braking through the chicane. I don't know if it's easy to put that AIW into this version, but that would make this track nearly perfect.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

mantasisg likes this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Still have to check how it is in the night ^^^

I believe it is great.

As for Lester, I guess it might be related more with UK ?

20. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

The king is back! better than ever!! Thank you so much for this 32pixels! Just had a race tonight, after months off of the wheel.
    Absolutely fantastic car!!!!!!!!!!

bwana likes this.