[REL] HeadTilt Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Apr 21, 2015.

1. K9VING

K9VING Registered

Thanks Lazza, Great job mate.

2. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

Thanks again for this great plugin Lazza, nice to have the extra flexibility to adjust our view

3. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Thanks for this plugin.

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Only found out tonight about this plugin. tyvm Lazza i missed something what this plugin obviously does for me and it works like a charm.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you Lazza works perfect! Thanks to Eddy for spotting this thread ! :)

6. parginos

parginos Registered

Hey all
    Is this plugin still working?
    I installed it properly, i have the HeadTilt_Plugin.ini, but i press the Y button and nothing happens. No menu is popping up.
    Thx

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

you have to press shift + y
    Since the last build of rF2 you can change the up down angle with shift + FOV+ or shift FOV- directly via rF2.
    Side movement work still only with the plugin .

8. parginos

parginos Registered

Thx buddy i will try it

edit: Nope the plugin is not working, but thx for the shortcuts ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
  9. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Dan-Ove Brantholm Registered

Old thread, but hopefully the author reads it... Great plugin, but it seems like when you load a car that has no parameters in the ini file, it takes the last used cars parameters. (Work ok if you close Rf2 totally). This could easily be solved if the plugin could write out the default parameters for every new car. Another benefit from that would be that you can edit the setting directly in the file from the beginning. For now I have made a plugin as a workaround that writes out default setting, but better if it was done from this plugin instead...

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Been a long time since I looked at the code (obviously), but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I've simply forgotten to reset the parameters to default when entering a new car (before checking to see if any saved parameters exist, and loading them). I would take that approach rather than writing out the default values for every new car.

When I get time I'll take a look.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@danove_b On further reflection I think the current behaviour was desired. Taking seat position 0,0 to be relatively realistic across various cars, if you decide on a particular car you're more comfortable x forward, chances are in another car you'll also want to be somewhat close to x forward. So starting with the previous position will generally save time in getting to the right spot.

Of course this usage pattern may vary, so maybe I need to just add an option to reset to 0 for any new cars.

12. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Registered

Hate to drag up an old thread on an incredible plugin, but! I'm having trouble with Headtilt when endurance racing; if I'm the second driver, it doesn't seem to engage. [Join as spectator, ride with the car, join at pit stop]. Is there anything I can do to reset HT or force it to engage?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think I made the necessary changes to make it activate properly during driver swaps. I'll take a look at it this week.

Eike Sky likes this.
  14. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Registered

You're a scholar and a gent if you'd be able to fix it. Having a "unique" sim setup means the best way for me to view is essentially sat on the dashboard. Anything else gives me motion sickness like you wouldn't believe! :D

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Eike Sky I've switched the logic around so it should cope with driver swaps, here's the updated/test version - please let me know if it works ok. I've changed no other functionality at this stage.

Note that in line with more recent convention I've renamed the plugin itself by removing the _x64 at the end of it - you'll need to remove the old one from your Bin64\Plugins folder. (If it tests ok, I'll probably add automatic removal of the old name(s)...)

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Corti and Eike Sky like this.
  16. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

This is great! Exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you for this plugin.

17. Dan-Ove Brantholm

With the latest update of rfactor2, It has happened a couple of times that the plugin stopped working. It seems that it happens when there is no activity from the player. (Stayed in pit for maybe 5 minutes or more). Other plugins that I use have not suffered from the same problem. Is there any chance that you can share the source code or give a hint of what function that is used to control the seat position? I fully respect if you don't want to share, but my idea is to implement the functionality in my own "multi function plugin", so I only have one plugin running... I'm a VR user, so the issue might be connected to that....?

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This shouldn't work at all with VR. It relies on the camera movement controls, and they're inactive with VR.

19. Dan-Ove Brantholm

Well, I can guarantee you that it work, but thank's for the input about camera movement controls...

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... I'm curious now, but I don't have VR so I can't confirm :D

I imagine maybe the camera movement (up, down, left, right) works to some extent, but tilt yaw and roll won't. That would sort of make sense, and it would also match with things like RealHeadMotion not working with VR (because it uses camera orientation, not position).

So yeah, you can return an input with those controls, and you aren't limited to 0-1 as values. Voila!