[WIP] F1 1986

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Copef1

Copef1 Registered

That THL1 looks great Chief. Is that going to be added to the mod? I know they used that car early in the season. Thanks for all your hard work. This is one of my favorite mods in rFactor 2.

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Well said totally agree, after all it's only a computer game to be enjoyed no mater at what level, if you really think about it, all we are doing is chasing coloured pixals around the screen, and all the rest is a pale simulation of real driving, and the closest 99.999% of use are ever going to get to driving a F1 car is this simulation, so how can people really criticise the hard work and effort of modders to bring variety to this sim. Probably the closest he has ever got to 1986 F1 car is from the grandstand. My closest experience is driving a Formula Ford car for a weekend.

nericksenna, JoeP1, kimbo and 2 others like this.
  3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Why isn't Maniak opening the mod, changing these parameters in the HDV:

SemiAutomatic=2 // whether throttle and clutch are operated automatically
    UpshiftDelay=0.090 // delay in selecting higher gear (low for semi-automatic, higher for manual)
    UpshiftClutchTime=0.010 // time to ease auto-clutch in AFTER upshift (0.0 for F1 cars)
    UpshiftLiftThrottle=0.05 //
    DownshiftDelay=0.1 // delay in selecting lower gear (low for semi-automatic, higher for manual)
    DownshiftClutchTime=0.06 // time to ease auto-clutch in AFTER downshift (used to be SemiAutoClutchTime, note that the shift will complete significantly before the clutch is fully engaged)
    DownshiftBlipThrottle=0.95 // amount of throttle used to blip if controlled by game (instead of player)

Change them to his liking. Send them to Chief and call it a day???

Is it too much to ask? As I understand from Maniaks post, they should all be zero and that would defunc most of his criticism...

Oh well...

Personally I'd LOVE to see a guy like @Navigator have a go at creating a set of physics for this mod. HE or LE? I don't care :)

bears, The Iron Wolf and nericksenna like this.
  4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Oh yeah... o_O No one else you'd like to ask?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

What happened to Postipate?
    He has disappeared

No more time for simracing..... i think :(

6. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

yeah, it looks like

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

You would like to give it a whirl? :D

philmcqueen likes this.
  8. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Too much pressure :eek: But I'd probably would, yet to drive these so can't say if I like or dislike them but they look fantastic!

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I know LE must stand for League Editition, which I would assume uses one set of physics for all the cars so everyone has an equal chance.
    HE then must cover real world physics where certain cars are head & shoulders above others...but what does HE stand for?
    (I'm pretty sure it's going to be obvious, so I'm preparing my forehead for the Palm Slap!)

bears likes this.
  10. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

Historic Edition

davehenrie likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

12. Hocician

Hocician Registered

THX for this Chief!!

13. Karthikeyan Chandrasekar

Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Registered

This mod is such fun especially with the AI. Complete clowns on the track.. But RF2 AI have been very daring in their moves. The second you take the inside line at any turn, they start twitching all around the place and collect everyone around on the way out. The Benetton and the Williams seem to have the best physics imo. Although the Benetton starts smoking within 5 laps. The Lotus, I dont feel the steering to be very heavy and it's becoming impossible to judge how the car reacts. I run high caster values for full control at tracks with long straights.. Is anyone facing the same thing?? The FFB for Lotus somehow doesn't seem as good as the other cars.. Is there anything I could do??

14. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

Because I'm not a modder and I've not this kind of knowledge in these things. I've never touched anything in the HDV. More than that I don't even know what is an HDV. I only driven this sim from the 2nd day was released.
    I made a too aggressive post? I'm sorry about that. I'm ready to excuse me with Chief if my post was too bad with him. I also want to say thanks to him for the work. I'm not angry with him. I'm Hungry for these cars. First of all, we don't have a lot of vintage cars in this sim. rF2 could be something spectacular for every old fashioned mod thanks by its phisic. I'm driving, from last 5 years, mods that I don't like to drive. And I'm talking about modern and official content. I'm not arguing so about the modders. I want vintage cars. I was so happy when I tried the first betas...you cannot imagine. I also did 3 videos and posted on Youtube because FINALLY something was moving for people like me that likes these cars because are different and they needs to be driven in a different way.
    If every car of this mod had a copied phisic/upgrade from one of the betas, I would never have written a so "brutal" post.
    The old betas had some issues...the same issues that we can see also in this mod but they were long way better of these cars.
    I'm not a troller as someone else called me. I never did a "grudge" comment in this forum about a 3° part work. I am only very disappointed to see a mod that could be great and was realeased in LE (i repeat: that is not a problem even if i prefered an HE) in a worst shape. Unfortunely I'm not a simdriver that look so much at graphic. In that, I have to say that it is done a fantastic work. But I don't enjoy the experience to drive these cars (or someone else vintage car) only with the graphic when I have already tried a beta that was long way better.
    I'm sorry if I was misunderstooded. I generally don't spit in other works. My expectations on this mod crashed when I tried this LE. That is sure. Good for everyone that is happy to drive it.

Louis likes this.
  15. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

You tried the old betas?
    Look at that so.

Did you ever saw a race or a qualify from 1986 season? I did. They worked something like that. The new LE mod doesn't work like that if you tried it. As you can see I (and not only me) already had the occasion to drive these cars in a sim that were better than the LE. What I can only think now is that Postipate didn't get his permission for his phisic up to now.

philmcqueen likes this.
  16. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

How do I stop the tyre textures looking ‘furry’?

Like there’s tons of marbles on it.

Attached Files:

17. Roberto Siragusa

Roberto Siragusa Registered

18. Endor

Endor Registered

Such a great pleasure with the sounds ! the new cars are a pleasure to drive
    GRAB_057.JPG GRAB_058.JPG GRAB_062.JPG GRAB_060.JPG

Attached Files:

19. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

Allow me to say mine on this discussion, I state my opinion is a personal opinion (so questionable), I appeal to those who continue to say this is not good, this is not nice, but gentlemen seen and considered that someone makes the ass for you to give you material to organize races \ championships, and without asking for a single euro, dollar, pound, etc. etc., you just have to say thanks to these gentlemen. Then if you feel over the lines and so good more than them, please sit down let's see what you're capable of pulling out.
    I tried the mod and I find his job excellent.
    Sorry for the outburst.

nericksenna, kimbo, pkelly and 6 others like this.
  20. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Fantastic Mod. Love it .

pkelly likes this.