[WIP] F1 1986

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Roberto Siragusa

Roberto Siragusa Registered

Capo non dimenticare arrows

2. Endor

Endor Registered

[​IMG]
    Hello, l've done a rfactor 1 1987 complete mod grid for rf1 with a part of chief's work-thanks again!- l'll be the first happy for a rf2 version and this is a vintage conversion, but that could interest some people ; there is also a complete 1986 one, both are historic, and also a league with other model by pure-f1 http://virtualclassics.lightbb.com/t2179-mod-f1-1986-1987-he-le-versions Here the osella updated with 1987 livery for example [​IMG] grab_037.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Bostrom, Corti and ChiefWiggum like this.
  3. heisenberg70

heisenberg70 Registered

Pardon ;)
    I can't resist....

4. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

I went to check the link but it is a mod for rf 1

5. Endor

Endor Registered

Yes, sorry l forgot to write that

6. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

7. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Registered

8. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

9. jbaeumle

jbaeumle Registered

Thanks a lot Chief!!
    A full 86 grid in rFactor2 is a real dream. I played countless races on Assetto Corsa with the Lotus 98T and various skins of the season, but now you give us the real deal in the best sim!
    It´s really hard to catch the real lap times, even with the qualify specs. Are any of guys able to catch pole lap times of the 86 season already?

10. bears

bears Registered

Levelup1 likes this.
  11. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

12. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

As a vintage driver I must to say that I'm not really interested initially in a LE version of the cars that were developed. In my opinion the HE are too much better but I have also to say that we need of course an LE version. A mod that can't be used in a champ is a mod that will not be used in multy and probably it can't be advertized for a single player use.
    So that is not a problem. I can wait for the HE edition. There are other BIG problems in this mod.

The problem is that these cars are loooooong way worse than the first betas (that were HE...I know). This mod, up to now, is only for paddles users. It is absolutely dangerous at the drive with a manual...not on downshifting...there is something (that is not the autoblip) that helps the driver in that. It is not possible to see using heel and toe because you think "hey I'm a master on downshifting with this mod!". But only if you try to downshift only using the clutch in the middle of the turn you will see the car that doesn't go wide with the rear. Totally unrealistic...wrong.
    In upshifting is more possible to kill yourself. There are IMMENSE delays in shifting...so if you are faster (doing what is needed to do in the right way) means that you have already engaged the gear but the mod is still "behind" and it means in the middle of the action. When the shift is finished for the mod you are already at full throttle so you always have a ultradangerous wheelspin.
    Then I expect from a mod like that a level of difficulty at the drive. At least a sensation of speed and pure fear that was obvious in that cars.
    I repeat myself...I can understand that is a LE edition. But these cars are too slow. Not dynamic. Dangerous when you drive as they have to be driven and there is more. The old problems from first betas are not resolved.
    Graphically is good. There are all the cars, they look fine and I'm so happy about that. But it is not a mod that I like to drive. In my opinion the problems that I've discovered tells me that: That mod is an insult to the real cars, to their phisics, to the sim and to the simdrivers able to see all of that. What is scaring me is another thing. In the past (also in rF1) the LE version was a simple "copy & paste" of a single car from the HE edition. I really hope to see in the future a HE edition that can destroy all of these problems. Otherwise the first betas will be better for sure.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Anto870 likes this.
  13. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

thx for your feedback, this physic is not the finished one, not for HE and not for LE version, I hope we can release a new physic update soon

14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

just out of curiosity, who is working on physical development?

15. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

I'm searching about a good guy :D

16. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Awesome looking cars, nice job :D I'll be sure to try them soon

17. nericksenna

nericksenna Registered

That’s a very....detailed, thorough, and long post.. some truth and some major opinions.

I enjoy seeing that you have a great critisism for a mod built by only one man, doing this out of pure passion to make something at least visually beautiful, with unfortunately (for you and other « pro » sim racers) no experience in physics.
    So, what is really cool is that you enumerate all the flaws, which is really good for all of us to know, but offer absolutely no solution(s) to the problem.... are you any good in modding physics?

I just want to remark that many gifted people mod off their free time, with no pay (for most part). Those who do have pay... let me just say I prefer Chief’s 1986 mod more than most official rf2 cars (i.e. the McLaren package they submitted) even if the physics are « not as good ».

It breaks my heart to see such a trolling upon so many modders (from gp3 to rf2 and beyond) who do their best at what they can do, and then give up and abandon modding because of comments by people that think they can drive and « feel » cars better than anybody in the world provided they have a pc, a simwheel and a picture of Schumacher on their wall.
    For my part, I have a regular pc, a g25 wheel, can’t drive the rf1 1991 HE mod if my life depended on it, but i enjoy thoroghly Chief’s 1986 mod as it reminds me of the great times past and kicks me in the nuts after a bad day at work. It will probably never be perfect and neither will any other mod. If you want the best physics: buy a real damn 1986 F1 car.

Sorry for the rant, back on topic: Chief keep on with your mod, and any descent and reliable physics guys, please apply candidature.

18. Endor

Endor Registered

VelvetTorpedo, JoeP1, kimbo and 2 others like this.
  19. Cristiano Corraini

Cristiano Corraini Registered

It´s very easy to criticise and do not give any solution.
    Of course, there are opportunity to improve physics when I had noticed the first time I drove, but it not detracts a brilliant work by Chief done so far.
    I have been following this work for years and please keep your brilliant job, nobody had balls to do a turbo mod 86' like you did. It is not so easy to simulate so many variables like a F1 turbo car in that time had (lag time, throttle response, so on...) and honestly I have a lot of fun driving your cars. It´s amazing when kicks full gas in Tamburello or the long Monza straights. The turbo engine reacts very well, top speeds are reached in my opinion.

Endor, Hocician, bears and 1 other person like this.
  20. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Chiefwiggum,
    you are a very generous and talented person, but I have to criticize you, please do not be so polite when a fool disrespects you and treats you like you owe him something

Hocician, Mauro, Endor and 2 others like this.