[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

The setting file is found here

upload_2019-2-19_22-8-9.png

The setup is found in your log folder (yours might be different)

upload_2019-2-19_22-9-49.png

You then need to copy the file to your rF2 car folder (maybe you can browse for it inside rF2 as well)
    For example here in my case:

upload_2019-2-19_22-11-36.png

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I believe it was an old out of date version of the dll. This should have the most current version.

Jego likes this.
  3. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered

What a fool I am, but I've taken a thousand times out of the svm files to send them, and I did not think about copying and pasting them there

4. Jego

Jego Registered

I have the latest version, it still crashes for me when I exit rFactor with the DAMPlugin installed.

5. Alexandre Peroche

Alexandre Peroche Registered

Hello,

I have some troubles using the DAMPlugin on rf2. There are some informations i don't have like steering angle or some features dealing with suspensions, when i try to click on it to configure it i got an error which is the following. Can somebody help me ?

upload_2019-2-20_23-0-51.png

6. Rock

Rock Registered

Hi Alexandre
    Same for me! I installed a previous version of I2pro. and all is fine.

Alexandre Peroche likes this.
  7. Rock

Rock Registered

Hello,
    A question to the users of this plug-in!
    Can you see the wear of the brakes with Motec?

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

9. Alexandre Peroche

Alexandre Peroche Registered

I installed an older version of i2pro, it doesn't crash when i try to configure steered angle channel, but it's unavailaible, would you help me configure it ?

10. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

What version do you have problems with?
    This ones works fine and formula for steered angle is shown as well

upload_2019-2-22_8-55-51.png

11. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

And it got updated as I tried, works fine as well.

upload_2019-2-22_8-59-55.png

12. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

Hi @Lazza from last Endurance Pack update I can't see some channels in Motec.
    I'm using ORECA LMP2 from official Endurance Pack DLC
    I don't have any data on:
    - Rear Ride Height
    - Front Ride Height
    - Front Wing Height
    - Drag
    - Front Downforce
    - Rear Downforce
    - Tyre Load (all)
    - Eng Oil Temp
    - Eng Water Temp

All other channels seems to work as usual.

Log registered before updates works fine, I was using DAMPugin 0.78 and Motec i2 Pro (x64) (1.1.4.454)
    Yesterday I tryed DAMPlugin 0.80 but the results are all the same.

DAMPlugin.ini is exatcly the same as the old one, attached file is my .ini

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  13. Rock

Rock Registered

Hi Alexandre
    For me it's the same "Steering Angle" does not work, so I use "Steering filtered" because it gives the idea of what I want.
    I am a beginner with motec, others will surely tell you more.
    --------------------------
    Thanks McFlex for the information.

14. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Those channels are locked by S397.

15. Paolo Pennimpede

Locked? Why lock engine and oil temperature.. and the others channels I listed?

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Generally speaking, anything that is not available is due to the manufacturers not wanting that data publicly available and S397 is just complying with the respective licensing agreements.

17. Paolo Pennimpede

Yes and hide oil and water temperature because they don't wont let you know that you are frying your engine.
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  18. Rock

Rock Registered

Ok I understand better, example the temperature of the brakes! If we want more we take a pro license. I suppose! but I do not complain, because it is already a good tool.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've been away for a while, I'll do a bit of a bulk answer here, if you reply to this please edit it down to the relevant part...

There are no channels with those names logged by the plugin. The logged ones are called Tyre Temp RF Centre and Tyre Temp RR Centre. If you have a project that is set up with the names you've typed you can either edit the graphs to matched the logged names, or use the Alias feature in i2Pro to map the logged data to your project channels.

Each graph shows the channel names that will be displayed in that graph; those names need to match either the raw logged channel names or an alias for those channels. If you're using i2Pro with multiple data sources (games, actual logged data from a Motec data logger) using aliases is easier. Or just use different projects for different sources.

No, replays don't contain all the telemetry data, they just contain positional information for the car and some basic status used for display purposes (RPM, steering input percentage, etc). So you can't extract data from a replay. In theory you could probably extract enough to graph the basics like speed and RPM (with a fairly low resolution, I would say) but I've never looked into it and I don't think it's really worthwhile.

It certainly appears there is some intermittent crashing, I've probably experienced it myself occasionally but it's not consistent for me which makes it difficult to track down. I've been out of this for a while and rF2's current state doesn't exactly lend itself to a lot of motivation, but I will likely look into things in the fairly near future to try and work out what might be going on. I realise it's annoying especially if it stops rF2 or other plugins saving data on shutdown, but it's not very easy to find the cause of these errors.

No, the game doesn't provide that information. Same with engine wear. Hopefully at some point the game provides better indicators in those areas, without actually providing exact figures that can be exploited by those with tools to do so. Real life isn't that exact. (if you know all the relevant parameters you can calculate wear quite closely, but honestly I don't think it's worth doing most of the time and in many cases isn't possible with locked files anyway)

I explained this a little earlier in the thread, but I'll just go through it again.

Initially all channels were available. Then when they introduced some of the licensed cars they added parameters to the HDV (vehicle) files that can block specific telemetry from being reported, no doubt at the behest of manufacturers not wanting certain data to be shown.

Rather than have a parameter for each channel, or bitfield parameters that can be confusing and would need editing as the available channels change with game development, they organised the channels into various groups (aero, suspension, etc). Any new channels they add can then be added to the existing categories and automatically allowed (or not) with already existing cars. So if a manufacturer wants a particular channel blocked, the game will only allow the entire group containing that channel to be blocked.

I don't know if the devs just organised the channels into groups based on which part of the car they are related to, or tried to work out what data would be more sensitive and which derivative channels would perhaps reveal something about that sensitive data and should also be blocked, but what's driving this is that manufacturers don't want some data revealed so the game is blocking them. It's just the nature of licensing sometimes.

This channel grouping makes sense both in terms of ease of use and minimising the chance of some provided data allowing clever users to calculate or deduce some missing data, but it does mean that sometimes it appears basic channels are being blocked that in themselves probably aren't sensitive. But that's what we've got.

I haven't tried the very latest version of i2Pro (think I last updated a few months ago) but your issue sounds a bit strange. As for configuring steered angle, follow @Wergilius 's post and pay attention to the formula used to calculate steered angle - it's just using the Toe of the front wheels. The game doesn't provide any more info than that so it's a good starting point. Same advice for you @Rock .

Rock and Paolo Pennimpede like this.
  20. Paolo Pennimpede

@Lazza Thank you, the thread is long sorry if I haven't found the previous explanation.
    But those channels where working perfectly before latest update. So something has happened, did they realized, after how much, almost 1 year that they had all those data available and then, out of the blue after a year they remove those 6 channels?
    It's a bit strange. IMHO

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019