[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@avenger82 I'll have to do some testing with starting and stopping logs at different times, to see if I've missed something there. Regarding the crashing/freezing and particular tracks, a track really shouldn't cause an issue itself so it's more likely just uncovering a fault in my plugin - unfortunately intermittent ones like that can be hard to track down (haha... 'track' down... oh dear).

I probably didn't test all that much after putting in the parameter to control log capture in different scenarios (car moving etc), the actual logging shouldn't be affected but something in the building might end up corrupted.

Your i2Pro graphs is a strange one. Most of my graphs I tend to have on auto scaling, so they should adjust themselves to the values automatically, while others (like ride height) I define manual ranges for and they don't change regardless of what logs I load. Your Engine RPM graph looks like it has an incorrect manual range set (if you right-click on the graph and click properties, you will see the range setting for each channel group in the table) but it's a very strange range to have defined.

Actually all your graphs there just look strange, like there's some sort of vertical zoom being applied. Off the top of my head I'm not sure what options there are for that, maybe you've accidentally activated something (or pressed some keys that did it, ...). Just to check as well, are you using a current/recent version of i2Pro? Some game telemetry plugins require old versions, so I've seen people using those old versions and they can have more bugs in them - this plugin should work with the current i2Pro version from the motec website.

2. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Thanks for the reply.
    Regarding i2Pro I've found a fix in:
    Tools->Options->Auto scale Options section I had to check Include untrusted data...
    upload_2019-1-4_22-4-44.png
    I don't think I accidentally changed some options because sometimes graphs were automatically scaled OK, but sometimes they loaded zoomed in horizontally and looked like scaled to this zoom. I use latest version of i2.

Recently logged several times with Capture partial log = 2 and Active on startup = 2 and no freeze.
    BTW: Are there channels for grip levels? I saw four "Grip fract" but they are constant at 0.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They indicate tyre slippage, yeah, but some vehicles block certain channels (or channel groups). Sometimes that's because S397 have to not show certain data, sometimes it's just an oversight on their part. Bear in mind they only have 5 or so areas they can block or unblock, so it could be some specific item they're not allowed to show and it blocks stuff like Grip Fract as well.

4. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

EDIT: ....apologies. Conflated issues, it seems.
    No issue with the plugin. Was something else (though no quite sure what yet) on my end.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  5. W Lukas

W Lukas Registered

@Lazza my issue is back, no clue but it seems bulding huge log files and quiting rf2, needed to install ur old motec plugin to have telemetry, this game is a such a ....

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@W Lukas I've likely introduced some sort of weird bug when I added the logging options. Not the fault of the game.

7. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

Hello guys! First, thank you very much Lazza for this tool.
    Lame question but which file do I edit in order to include/exclude extra data?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@SkyBridge DAMPlugin.ini. There's more info in the first post, and a link to a post showing what all the channels are and how they're grouped.

9. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

How is the camber values calculated with this plugin?

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It doesn't calculate them, they're provided by the game. How exactly the camber relates to the car position and track geometry is a question for the devs.

Martin Dyrlund likes this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

@Lazza I got a Virus Threat with the Handler.zip file

Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl
    Alert Level: Severe

This is with standard Windows Defender.

(I've installed manually but thought you should know :) )

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I know @MarcG , they've been coming up with the last few handler builds with Defender. On VirusTotal it's flagged by 6 engines (out of 60), a couple of earlier builds were picked up by a few more engines but they seem to have refined things a little since then. On balance false positives are better for everyone than false negatives, so we'll live with it...

MarcG likes this.
  13. sniperhamster182

sniperhamster182 Registered

@Lazza Not sure you are aware but there is no "Tyre Temp FR M" and "Tyre Temp RR M" recording

14. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Registered

a question, probably stupid: can i record motec data from a replay?

15. Jego

Jego Registered

So for some reason my rFactor crashes upon exit since a few weeks when I have the DAMPlugin installed.
    I heard about the issue already but couldn't find a post to how to fix it, or what causes it.
    Thanks

16. dragon

dragon Registered

Great work Lazza !!!

I have two questions:
    1) Is it possible to load to MoTeC also an video replay from rF2, somehow? Directly or via some other way?
    2) Is it possible to watch telemetry on live while driving? Not only read data from file?

Thanks

17. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered

Hello, I would like to know if Damplugim collects the setup information that has been used, and how can it be viewed?
    Thanks

18. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

If you set

"Save Setup File = 1 // Save a copy of the current garage setup file with the log; 1=yes, 0=no"

in damplugin.ini there will be a setup file saved for each log, can be opened in rF2 or your favorite text editor.

19. Rock

Rock Registered

Hello Lazza,
    Thank you for this excellent plug-in.
    In the list of your first message "Full channel list", the brake wear is not present and did not appear in the Motec analysis.
    Is it possible to see this value?
    Sincerely, Rock

20. JMartinez

JMartinez Registered

Thanks Wergilius, I have it, I look at it in the svm file, in rf I do not know where