Long-standing, developer-ignored problems LIST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UsedMomo, Feb 15, 2019.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't understand this thread at all, especialy not in this sub forum. It isn't bad to talk about issues and provide feedback in the tech forum but I question the intention of the topic starter nor his understnading what "ignoring" actually means. Setting different priotities for the development schedule of a product doesn't mean that they are just ignoring stuff. As it stands now, alot of features mentioned in that list aren't even worth to worry about right now, while there are much more preassuring issues. How can the selfadvertised sim with class leading phyiscs still not have a proper clutch model and dynamic ambient conditions, when it was planned since the start of development - and this after allmost ten years? But I understand that the devs have a different focus right now, so I am atleast glad, that this product gets updated on a regular base, wich is quite unusual in the software industry.

bears, McKiernan, Ari Antero and 3 others like this.
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The homologation of the Camaro GT3 is still valid IRL, Reiter still sells that car. BoP makes sense.
    I mean.. someone was racing the Jag till last year and that one is even older lol

UsedMomo likes this.
  3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The Bentley is old as well.

4. UsedMomo

UsedMomo Registered

List updated in first post.

I will add if it's not fixed in the next Roadmap update. Just remind me.

5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

- HUD: downtimer Clock does not work in timed races
    - HUD Exiting during practise leads to crazy values next few laps in fuel consumption and other
    - Message for ABS and TC Adjustment ingame is 0 based while in Setup is 1 based, values are off by 1 together (so obivous…)
    - Skin download from Drivers is a total failure, does not work reliable. Maybe tested for 100mbit glas fibre but not for 10mbit
    - if you create virtual rides for same Driver (or car number?) in different mods, you get wrong loaded car ( the "first" one allways)

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Looking at this thread title for 3rd, 4th.... and so on... time, really makes it look stupid, people. Don't you agree ?

ughrrrrr so disappointing grrrrrr
    People who are creating this software for us to use, are ignoring us so much ! And for so long ! grrrrrr.. I gonna riot and drive off-topic every news thread in racedepartment which is going to be related to rF2, because they ignore absolutely most important stuff ! So angry grrr. Going to create essentially a rather polite thread with passive aggressive message in the title that developers are ignoring their actual job even though it is just me not being able to appreciate and judge reality grrrr

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Indeed, as I wrote, Chevrolet Camaro GT3 2012 is standalone content. It is huge task to update Chevrolet Camaro GT3 2012 which was released to rF2 many years ago and in my mind it is wasted time.

I don`t think it is valid argument that someone was racing the Jag till last year and that one is even older :eek:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Relax mate, there are things to implement/fix but i also understand that they need time to get things right, also the financial part it's important for them, they are humans that have bills and they drink and eat! I trust them, they're preparing the future, it's hard the wait, but it'll definitely be worthy ;)

9. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Ignore it, do not waste your time with the idiot

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It's still default licensed content, every of these must be updated. By your logic they should have abandoned Silverstone.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Must be is bold statement, there is only one thing which is must and it is to die.
    ISI Chevrolet Camaro GT3 2012 DX9 standalone content is updated to DX11 it is not abandoned , it is logic isn't it ?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  12. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Shame really because VLN allows old BMW Z4 GT3 and future Vantage to compete against current cars

The Camaro has, like every other ISI cars, become the mistreated stepchild of DLCs and the new cars are the Joseph and (their multicolored dreamcoat) of DLCs

VirusGR42 and Ari Antero like this.
  13. TJones

TJones Registered

That's a BOP (balance of performance) thing. IMO each car should be simulated as close as possible, at very first. After that, there should be mechanism in the sim for users, or modders at least, so individual cars can race together. This could be done with adding weight or reduce power (restrictor plates). Just like it has to be done in reality.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

IRL they got 3 levels of BoP to be used depending on track type.Would be nice if they made it in game.
    In the case of the Camaro it must be BoPed anyway, current homologation allows that.

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

When Houston's was updated many years ago drivetrain/clutch update was also announced and promised.
    I can't spot anything about drivetrain/clutch the list below of features can you?

Steam:
    "rFactor 2 is also an evolving product, which will be updated and added to for many years, so the list of features
    will expand!
    Features
    Physics

• Updated to use multi-core CPU technology
    • Advanced physics engine
    • Newly updated tyre model
    • Driving surface construction, even painted line thickness, affects grip levels
    • Engine boost and Turbo modeling
    • Complex aerodynamics
    • Head physics, cockpit vibrations, detailed bump modeling

Dynamic Racing Experience

• Real-time day/night lighting transitions
    • Realistic wet/dry weather transitions
    • Dynamically laid rubber increases grip throughout racing session(s)
    • Rubber chunks (“marbles”) roll off tyres and can affect grip
    • Tyres sustain damage from poor driving (such as "flatspotting" a tyre) or setups, affecting grip immediately and over time
    • Dynamically drying racing line after rain
    • Environments filled with animated events like planes, flag marshalls and more…

Graphics/Sound

• Real-time day/night lighting transitions
    • Projected headlights for night time driving
    • Open VR support for multiple headsets
    • Look to apex and head motion tracking support
    • DX11 advanced graphics engine
    • Real-time day/night transitions
    • Adjust player and opponent volume ratio
    • See the apex with the Look Ahead slider
    • Adjust your seat and mirror while in the driver’s seat
    • Updating real-time scoring towers
    • Expanded and enhanced gauge and LCD features for vehicle cockpits
    • Improved loading times
    • Updated sound engine
    • Changing engine sounds based on upgraded vehicle performance

Gameplay

• New AI who will race for and defend positions
    • Define AI opponent types, strength and aggression
    • Races can be lap based, time based or both
    • Vehicle upgrade system that affects both the appearance and performance of a vehicle

Camera/Replays

• “Resume from Replay” allows you to resume a race from a saved replay
    • Full screen monitor and ability to rewind
    • Freely move camera from any position including the ever famous exclusive Swingman
    • Spectator mode

Multiplayer

• Opponent car skins automatically transmitted
    • Completely new multiplayer engine
    • Dedicated server
    • Native voting system
    • Add AI to multiplayer games
    • Boot and ban player lists that can be passed around
    • Security checks to combat potential cheating

Open Architecture

• Support for modder created car,track and plugin content
    • Fully adjustable Showroom, UI and HUD layouts
    • More Plugin Interfaces
    • Easy to use customizable multi-language support
    • Rules to simulate different types of racing
    • Completely customize your controller
    • Drop in new vehicle liveries

Cars and Tracks

• Over 35 free and paid licensed cars and tracks includiing Silverstone, Renault, Formula E, McLaren, Mercedes, Bentley - the list goes on "

:rolleyes:

16. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

6. Who doesn't think so, I absolutely think it is a mighty eyesore, it gives gamers (of other driving games) an opportunity to hate on

I posted this before but I know that they said this will be fixed by the summer but if it isn't, can't Mr. Content Manager bring his magic like he did to that certain game

I'll add this in
    11. The damage.ini file needs to be revised to punish crashers because GT3s are not overpriced Cup Cars with an exotic badge because this is a sim, not an arcade driving game.

Compared to those of Bathurst 12 Hours (like at 0:29 above), it seems that odd that the official contents are immune to collisions compared to what they really are, from my experience, it was odd to see one GT3 hit a wall after spinning off at the Esses then clock 270 km/h at Conrod Straight

Is it me or is it that this sub-genre has become pussified to keep happy Forza gamers and certain popular streamers, we have online lobbies made easy to suit them, this is why Arcade Cars 2 exists for them

12. Excessive full course yellow periods: in one 60 minutes offline race, 4/5 of those are wasted on full course yellow and safety car periods because one car had spun off, that's why all I do is practice laps now I don't do racing anymore.

But then I don't mind if this isn't going to be fixed because, TBH, my patience has been tested as further as I could

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

A sim racing friend that helped us to organize leagues works for that Aston team, after the crash he said in our Facebook group about the damage "All the suspension in the front left corner, front sub frame, steering rack, left rear drive shaft and a bunch of minor bodywork".

About FCY you can turn it off by running rules "Black Only" instead of full. These rules only affect you so you can turn them off completely anyway if running against the AI
    If you want to use FCY you can control the sensitivity in a rfm file. In my online leagues I used 1.5 in the crashing setting. For spins you only use on ovals.

Godwind Racing likes this.
  18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

From January 2019 Roadmap:
    Let’s also look at some of the work in progress, just to give you an update on how things are going. Our competition system and new UI are the highest priority things our developers are working on right now. Step by step we will be expanding the competition system and testing more parts of it in public, and we’re currently integrating it into our new UI to ensure it is both easy to find and join competitions. Expect us to reveal more towards the end of the first quarter of this year.

so i have a feeling that when those updates will come most of us will start playing-Racing onlinen and probably forget AI and rain
    we dont have official servers running reall life players at the moment
    so when pick up races starts the fun will start.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

While I agree there will be an increase in online gaming, don't be so quick to discount off-line racers. They will continue to exist even after all the improvements we hope for come down the line.

F1Aussie likes this.
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I have never played online and never will, purely offline for me

bears and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.