AccuForce Pro V2 with rfactor2.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 9, 2019.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

So I asked Mika from Granite Devices about the possibility of working with SimX to provide OSW support in SimCommander and he confirmed that definitely won't happen but, didn't say why so I don't know if it's a technical reason or a business decision. He did say however, that there may be a 3rd-party telemetry option in the future - at least for iRacing (similar to irFFB).

2. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Thx.
    A free, open source? solution to use game telemetry to generate FFB would be much nicer than having to buy sim commander.

David O'Reilly likes this.
  3. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Nope. Dead zone or lightness is removed in high power setting as well as smoothness filter. Adding friction just fills ffb.

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I suspect it will be very limited and maybe, only for iRacing so . . . not anything like SimCommander at all but, maybe still useful. There is still the possibility that some programming wizard could create something more elaborate in the future for SimuCube but, SC4 represents many years worth of development and that's not easy to replicate. Thomas from Fanatec said they would attempt to do so but, I don't think it's an easy task and they have yet to deliver their Podium series.

I would gladly pay twice the cost of SC4 to have OSW support in it but, I can understand those without similar experience not sharing my enthusiasm.:)

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  5. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

SimCommander 4 , great bit of software but has the worst navigation system and is not user friendly at all , must have taken me months to get used to it , it was SC3 then .

Sayingt that — I love what it can do , new users will need a degree to use it’s features it has available :) and lots of testing , suppose that the advantage having an AccuForce .

6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yeah, SC4 takes some time to learn but, I read that SimX are working on improvements for version5 with documentation and more guides and tutorials so that should bring improvements . . . whenever it lands. o_O:)

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Lol, i saw this written a while ago on a site helping people with Sim Commander:

"You've finally got yourself the AccuForce wheel after many months of impatiently waiting. However, you forgot to earn your engineering degree in the mean time in order to figure out how to set it up correctly, didn't you?

Fear not, as I happen to have one, and I am here to help you get yours too!

The AccuForce wheel is a great work of engineering, however when it comes to Sim Commander's user experience, I'm not sure what's worse; that it displays more borders and lines than settings, or that it reminds me of my Uncle Yanni's audio amplifier stack from 1987."

:D

Maybe i should start Reading up on things a year Before i order my own hehe. Good to hear though that they are updating it with more help for noobs. :)

vegaguy5555 and Narrowbackwing like this.
  8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hehe.... I already did homework in the last two weeks with SC4. I have it already ( 6 years) to run my Sim Vibe. My AccuForce Pro V2 will be shipped next week. I think it’s like every thing, you need some patience to learn it. They are working on SC5 that supposed to be more user friendly.

Alex72 and Narrowbackwing like this.
  9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi
    I received my AccuForce V2 today and it doesn’t feel good to me . Does I have to change some setting in controller ini?
    Can some one please show me his setting for rfactor2?( SC4 setting to)
    Thanks

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Any one? Please

11. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

• First, are you using the AccuForce Preset in rF2? Without that, some effects will be too strong.
    • I suggest leaving the force-strength in SC4 high and use the game-FFB to determine the proper force output for you; that way, you can avoid signal clipping from the game-FFB. Start with about 50% (.5 in rF2) with most cars.
    • Check your Wheel Mode in SC4, the default may be quite tame but, may be okay for learning. I generally use Default mode as it tends to provide a good balance of detail and basic forces.
    • Most titles require some form of filtering or smoothing of the FFB with DD-wheels in order to eliminate the grainy feeling. There are various ways to do that but, the main one in SC4 is the overall Smoothing setting. You can turn that up quite a bit and notice the difference.
    • If you notice a loose feeling in the wheel near center, add a bit of friction (.5-2%).
    • Try the Auto-Tune feature in SC4; it will provide a good baseline setup for the game. Adjust the Smoothing from there as needed to get the firmness in detail you want, or as rubbery as you want the FFB details.
    • Keep things simple to start with; focus on Game-FFB first, not Foundation-FFB or the additional effects until you know the system better.
    • The main settings to adjust in SC4 are the fundamental ones that all wheels utilize: FFB Strength / Smoothing or Filtering / Friction and / or Dampening. You can usually turn the rest off and save them for later when you have a good feel for what the wheel can do and what effects you really want to have.
    Tuning the AccuForce is really very simple if you focus on the basic settings first and then, you can experiment with the Foundation FFB and bumps, suspension effects, engine-vibes, etc., later when you really recognize the limits and range of the DD-system. You can also try other AF-user profiles available in the SimX Owner's Club but, learn the basics of tuning in SC4 first.

Eric Rowland likes this.
  12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Thanks. I did some adjustment in SC4 and it feels better. But with my old TS-PC for example I was doing the second and third fast curve on Watkins Glen easly full throttle , but with the AccuForce V2 it’s much more difficult. It’s like having a lot of understeer from that wheel.

13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

It may take a bit of time to acclimate to the new wheel but, there's no reason the AccuForce shouldn't out perform your old one and give you more information to work with.

Of course, a different wheel isn't going to alter under-steer behavior in the car-physics but, it may alter how you perceive it. Again, it's just a matter of getting used to how the FFB feels and what it's telling you. Generally, higher FFB-strength will improve under-steer cues even more - up to the point where you feel like the wheel is fighting you; then it's time to lower the strength a bit. ;)

Also, check your controller settings in rF2 to be sure speed-sensitivity hasn't been enabled with a new profile. I've had that happen a couple of times. Due to the increased range of the DD-wheel, the effects may feel a bit spread out compared to some other wheels where the effects are more compressed into a smaller space. It also feels a bit different if Soft-lock is not working.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You are my hero my friend. I was really desperate,but you saved me. I checked my in game setting and the first thing that I checked was the steering speed sensitivity and guess what ? It was on 90%!!!!!!!! Lol. I put it on 0% and wowwww... finally I felt what does a DD steering wheel mean and how wonderful it feels. Before it was impossible to do high speed curve as it was a damn massive understeer even with cars with over steering setups. Thanks you my friend and now I’m going to refine more and more the setting in SC4 to have better feeling, but already I solved 90% of the issues with your help and advice. I love our rfactor2 community.

Atsuki, RaceNut and Narrowbackwing like this.
  15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I'm happy to help a fellow Sim-racer and fan of rF2. :)

Eric Rowland and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  16. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

A problem I'm having with my AccuForce Pro is that the wheel turning rate does not match the on screen wheel. (The FFB also feels utterly horrible too atm) and I haven't a clue what I'm doing.I checked the 'max rotation from driver' and it is set true. Once I can get the wheel to turn at the correct rate then I can start driving the cars and fine tuning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (note I have a similar problem with Automobilista too)
    The other question is that the wheel appears as a joystick in the windows properties dialog provided by my Fanatec v3 pedals, which doesn't seem correct.
    With a little more testing I find a similar problem with AC too except that in AC the in-game steering wheel turns too quickly compared to RF2 and AMS where the in-game steering wheel turns too quickly.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  17. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

What do you mean by "utterly horrible"?

IIRC, in rF2, you'll need to use the 1440 degrees of rotation to have the visual and real wheels match.

In AC, the best rotation is 1180. The soft-lock should work then and sync up with the visual wheel.

When VR is not an option (as in AMS), you have the option turn off the visual wheel but, to my knowledge, the soft-lock / auto-rotation feature does not work with DD-wheels, unless something changed recently. I use an average of 600 degrees of rotation in AMS.

not_him_59 likes this.
  18. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Check the speed sensitivity. By default it’s on at 90% using the Accuforce profile. It should be 0.

not_him_59 and Lazza like this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

+1 for speed sensitivity. That misleads so easily.

I assume this is using the normal mode in rF2, where you detect your wheel and it does the rest? And I also assume this second part is specific to AMS?

@not_him_59 The other option, once you do things like put speed sensitivity on 0 so it doesn't confuse the situation, is follow these steps:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....wheel-rotation-not-working.61750/#post-968519

That will make the game use whatever rotation you set it to (should be the same as your wheel itself is set to, obviously) and then you can tick the 'Vehicle Set' option in the game so each vehicle uses the correct rotation. This should work for any FFB wheel.

20. not_him_59

not_him_59 Registered

Sorry that was more an expression of my displeasure than a technical term ;)

I'm still basically in the same position having tried the above suggestions and others too. The FFB is pretty horrible in terms of the wheel constantly wobbling and an awful constant grinding feeling like the exhaust has fallen off and is dragging the ground. I also keep getting game lock up where RF2 will just lock up solid and I have to do a hard reset. (I also have exactly the same type of rotation mismatch and wheel wobble problems in AMS.)
    The only thing I haven't tried regards getting the correct rotation is setting dor to 1440 but the SC4 in bold red letters says do not do this.
    Primary Question. Is the properties dialog for this wheel shown as the same type for a joystick? because that is what I get which obviously doesn't seem correct.