Implementing DRS light in dashboard

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by doberk, Feb 11, 2019.

1. doberk

doberk Registered

Hello, I am trying to implement a DRS light inside the dashboard of a car. I followed this topic to do it:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-do-you-implement-drs-lights-in-cockpit.49651/

However, I am not able to make it working. These are the steps I have accomplished:
    - Open dashboard gmt. This object already has a material called INT_DISPLAY with the texture for the dashboard background.
    - Create new material called LEDRFS
    - Copy LEDRFS material from a working car to my new one.
    - Place a rectangle in the new material and position it in the desired ubication
    - Associate texture LEDRFS.dds. There are 4 aditional textures LEDRFS00.dds, LEDRFS01.dds, LEDRFS02.dds and LEDRFS03 for diferent status (off, detectable, activable, on)
    - Set animation type "Event" with frames 0,1,2,3
    - Save as rFactor2 model
    - Overwrite the original file in my devmod folder.

The light looks like this picture in 3DSimED:
    drs.JPG

And these are the material properties:

drs2.JPG

When I test the car in devmod, neither material INT_DISPLAY or LEDRFS are visible. I don't know if it's necessary to do anything else. Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You should add something infront of LEDRFS, like mycar_LEDRFS, that way it won't have conflicts with other cars. Everything else looks right, so maybe that is the problem. Or the track you're testing on has a messed up DRS zone, so it won't show.

3. doberk

doberk Registered

Are you talking about the material's name? I believed to keep material's name was mandatory.

The track has a correct drs zone, it has been tested with other cars and it works :)

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Yes, material name.

5. doberk

doberk Registered

No changes. This is the appearance inside the car, the object doesn't load:

drs3.PNG
    I don't think it could have conflicts with other cars, because is the only car I have in devmod.