Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taris Henrique, Jul 10, 2018.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Are you thinking to AMS2 as both standalone/DLC?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

But don't you think the level of math can differ? From Grade 1 math to Quantum mechanics and beyond, so could the knowledge of the development grow thus implement more complex "math" creating a "newer simulation"?

felthat likes this.
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Well this is my wish, a stand alone version and an option for those that want it inside rF2 making possible for us to use S397 and Reiza stuff together.
    I'm not sure if it makes any sense to have it this way tho, but would like if that happened.

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

The point was how much more alive rF2 is, and how much more rF2 simulates physics compared to AC. Test what i said and you fall asleep when going into AC with Lotus 49 because its so easy to drive. And i sure would want an F40 in rF2 which is why i started doing the 3D model, but i need help to get over some hurdles. An F40 properly made in rF2 would kick ass.

vegaguy5555 and mantasisg like this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Lotus 49 is not even that easy compared to how they made 312/67, that one was ultra easy. Never drove it again. Lotus 49 slides and slides and slides so incredibly much, feels like totally different tire, as I don't believe two vehicles could be so incredibly different .

Good choice with F40, very simple shapes. Maybe I could help ?

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I know Blender decently but lack skill in certain things regarding modeling. I can get to the end but the way i get there is not refined, if you know what i mean, lol. Typical noob stuff with modeling i guess. When i try to find what i need to learn i find everything else but never what i need. :D

vegaguy5555 and Narrowbackwing like this.
  7. Supa

Supa Registered

Mate you don't know what you're talking about. I run a bodnar DD and can get better ffb out of reiza than you ever will in rf2. and on top of that all of their official content is really top notch physics wise compared to what in rf2....just the new gt3s ??? I love rf2 but they are light years behind reiza until they polish all their official content

8. Bozak

Bozak Registered

I agree with Ari, playing AMS feels like I miss half of rF2 feeling, there is no chassis flex neither cpm tyres and with OSW the new tyres have awesome feeling that no other sim has. I would love to see AMS2 with rF2 engine.

Matías Corvino and Ari Antero like this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sure any older touring or GT car would be amazing in rF2 but seeing its going down the GT3/E path lately I'm forced to AC :(
    But certainly enjoying my time there while waiting for rF2 updates and modders content, like the great Group C recent update.
    If only rF2 could do this

Alex72 likes this.
  10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Alex72 likes this.
  12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

There are some 80`s DRM cars ( 4 or 6 cars) to rF2 also. I post link later or PM you where to download. ;)

t0p5ecret and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I like older stuff too. Hoping to run into someone with blender skills that i can talk to and get pointers from. There are skilled people that would help with physics etc if the models can be done.

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

1974 RSR is top of my request list if your taking requests, lol

Alex72 likes this.
  15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Im on it!

1974_Porsche_911_Carrera_RSR_Turbo-012_MH-970x541.jpg

:D

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Actually the opposite, Reiza is behind. The level of polishing is relative. Reiza is just going to deal with the issues high end simulators deal with, that is basically simply increased amount of tasks.

Also better FFB/physics is subjective. So the word "better" is hard to judge, because we understand differently what better actually means, is it cleaner, easier, more realistic (what is more realistic?), it is better more forgiving than reality ?, or is it better to be slightly less forgiving than reality (assuming that it will never be completely identical) ? does it fit better your understanding of reality (what are the gaps of your car dynamics knowledge, waht is arguable) ?, is it better because of you being more custom to it ?, is the simulation better or the utilizing is better ?, could they get better ?

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

4 -6 weeks and it'll be done hey ?? That's what i hear it takes for 1 car :p

Alex72 likes this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

For him it would be a year+ :D

Alex72 likes this.
  19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You are way too generous. :D

But seriously, i just have a few kinks i need to figure out to get it going. I have a few parts i made for AC like a steering wheel (with tons of buttons and stuff. GT style), an electronics box and turbo gauges. All textured and done. Once you get going and know what you're doing its not that hard. Just time consuming. Its just Learning all the tricks in modelling, especially for games, that is a little tricky since you have rules to follow. I dont have to be taught how to use the Tools. Just how to do the modelling in certain areas where i dont know how to do it properly, and clean.

20. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan Registered

With the news that Automobilista's Puma GTE is coming to rF2, I felt compelled to make another video thingy about what rF2 fans can expect. Apologies for any mistakes, errors, mumbling, etc. :)

Alex72, bwana, doddynco and 2 others like this.