New UI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoldenBear, Feb 5, 2018.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

A 4 YR BREAK AND THE UI IS YOUR MAIN CONCERN????

torig, David Kolody and Rui Santos like this.
  2. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

We're all eagerly anticipating it, but can we remind ourselves we all can currently race online together, right now!
    I'm online every night looking for pick up races there's hardly a soul around.
    Come on guys stop talking let's start racing.
    Go online, search S397, join Bathurst, dust your favorite GT3 off and let's go.

Gonzo, Kevin Karas and MarcG like this.
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I'm racing in a league while i wait for new UI, etçª and i'm having loads of fun...

4. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

No not my only one but the first I noticed of course ;)

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

AI`s are easy to discover.
    Steam > view > Servers > Highlight server > Right click with your mouse > View server info > Time > All AI`s have same time.
    You can have Game info open and just use Refresh button when you move to next server.

Steam servers.png

o_O;)

6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Ari Antero likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Little success today, at least now. Found only one server, and it was locked, and the even name was not very welcoming :D

[​IMG]

Sean_S36 likes this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

you know if you click on the "Players" tab it will organize servers by more to less players, right?

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, but I don't need it in my case. Why you suggest that ?

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think because you were looking for servers with real drivers. If you sort by the number of players, then it would take less time to figure out which ones have real drivers and which ones do not.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, but only ten servers showed up, and to make sorting even easier only one was not empty. So I found the suggestion a bit strange.

12. RockShark

RockShark Registered

At the bottom of the server screen click change filters and select rFactor2 in the game dropdown.
    You will find a lot more servers.

mantasisg likes this.
  13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

CHANGE FILTERS to rFacktor 2;has no password; if you are looking public servers. ;)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    mantasisg likes this.
  14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thanks guys, that was helpful.

So far there are twenty servers with more than five participants in it, most is only AI, there are some with one real player. And only one server is truly going on (bathurst endurance). I would like some pick-up racing, but I'll try to enter endurance for a few laps lol

[​IMG]

Ari Antero likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think the state of 'pick-up' racing is on life-support, at least as far as rF2 is concerned. You might benefit from a league that offfers practice servers for all events. That way you could drop in whenever and possibly find a familiar face from time to time. Best of luck.

16. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Thanks. This is an old post of mine and since then I had already found your solution. :)

Ari Antero likes this.
  17. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Personally other than a few user friendly options that are missing I have always liked the UI.

18. Velox Patfox

Velox Patfox Registered

Hi all!
    My doubt with new UI is how to do race event to play online. Does anyone know a guide or link with instructions about that? Thanks!

19. JRS

JRS Registered

The 'New UI' is okay. I don't see why so many are up in arms. It works though it has bugs and has been causing all kinds of freezes which the old one never did.

I never had a problem with the old UI. There are only about 6-7 places one needs to get at to either setup the system or your activities and it did that well enough even though it wasn't pretty. I'm not there to sit and admire a UI, I'm there to race.

For all the hype and effort into the new UI and there is still no 'Pedal Box' or 'Wheel Input' indicator like iRacing. As well, still no on screen Delta unless you use a 3rd party Dash/HUD.

The replays used to show Lap Number, Gear, Speed, Splits, Pedals and a G-Force indicator and now, far less and it's not nearly enough.

As well, during replays, if I'm one of three or four cars battling for positions, Keypad +/- should cycle to the next car either forward or back NOT jump around all over to cars everywhere but those next to you.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  20. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

what do you like to race online?
    I ve successfully installed two or more servery on my linux machine which has enough ressources to handle that beside its main reason to exist. lets discuss what we want to race and i ll set it up that way. In the past i loved the megane servers. What do you suggest?