Reiza + Studio397 + rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taris Henrique, Jul 10, 2018.

1. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Nice such a sideproject, but I’d rather have proper surround sound. This sim deserves it.
    So please studio 397 - add proper, true surround to the Rfactor franchise. Sound is half of the experience. Once you’ve heard the subwoofer really kicking in like in RaceRoom you know what you’ve been missing. Also AC(C) has made significant steps in the right direction. If the Rfactor sounds were only on the level of the Fonsecker mods it would be a huge improvement.

2ndLastJedi, Levelup1, Alex72 and 2 others like this.
  2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I read that iRacing's new Xaudio updates are going to be really good and they already have very effective drive-train modeling working so, it may exceed RR audio. Time will tell.

3. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Mmm iRacing is too much marketing, "the best sound, the best tire, the best driver smile on monday morning" and so on, the RaceRoom audio is superb, make some similar to that in a short period of time isn't a easy task.
    Offtopic, remember when the beta of rFactor 2 came out? iRacing changed the name to iRacing 2.0 :rolleyes: jajajajajjajajajajaa

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Sure but, iRacing does have some "best", no doubt; I'm just not a fan of the subscription model but, I do a short stint in the title every year to see what's new.

I feel RR audio is over-rated but, to each their own. I do think their sounds are very good and have good overall consistency among most of the content but, there are cases where some titles exceed RR but, may not count due to reliance on mods (AC) or suffer from inconsistencies in quality or dynamics (Pc2 for example).

If S397 can implement similar enhancements such as Reiza have done with AMS, it would at least, increase some of the audio dynamics that are currently lacking but, some engine samples are in desperate need of updates in rF2.

In any case, part of what makes RR and iRacing audio stand out is the drive-train dynamics at work; such effects can easily be over-looked by most players but, are hard to miss when using a motion-system where they can be felt as well as heard. iRacing's system works in very subtle ways that can be detected in engine tone and intake / exhaust fluctuation related to throttle-position & fuel mixture.

makan, Levelup1 and GeraArg like this.
  5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have a better go at AMS, it is really awesome.

Speaking of posible additional tracks, all tracks that beggin with "C" are absolutely awesome. As for cars clasics and V8 supercars are superb.

6. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The Formula Vee in AMS may be my all-time favorite sim-car. It has just enough power to make power over-steer when you want it, just enough rear-weight to make it challenging, and I feel so well connected to the car in general. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it and the various forms of feedback it provides seems perfectly balanced and precise. I can't wait to have this car in rF2 and drive it in VR. :)

Emery, johnsclander, John and 3 others like this.
  7. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

AMS is polished product. Rf2 is like endless beta version. I can see holes in gt3 models moving camera, for example. Almost 2 months gone from gt3 pack release date.I have bought all RF2 DLCs except formula e. But if only Reiza will make AMS2 with current rf2 physical engine i doubt i will play rf2 any longer.

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

sad but true

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

by the time reiza will have ams 2 ready ,Rf2 will have like 10 laser scan tracks so competitions will be hard

11. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I would be happy if we get te new UI till then :D
    Or 10 laser scanned tracks and still the old one :D

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Laser scan isn't enough...AC tracks are laserscanned but I have a lot of reasons for not playing it...

F1Aussie and Alex72 like this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What are those reasons? I'm enjoying AC more than ever atm (Thanks SOL) .

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@DaVeX
    be sure you have set the pedals brake gain correct and the Road- curbs-ABS effect as well
    i have set road-curbs to 10 and abs to 20
    brake pedal gain to 1.0 (one).
    also the gain of my steering wheel ingame to something like 75 and from thrustmaster control panel at 75
    Ac needs proper setup to be good but indeed issues like understeer ruins the game a lot
    cannot reach rf2 or ams depth

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

AMS is rFactor1 on steroids ;)

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Does not change the fact that it is polished, especially the content.

It'll be incredible funny if Reiza get their pack done right, with no bugs and using everything rF2 can do while S397 itself is failing at that

Marisa and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  17. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Nothing due to in-game settings or similar stuff...just the whole experience doesn't work for me...

GPNeville likes this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

What would be so incredibly funny about that ? Also bugs are usually more of a software thing and not modeling/content stuff, that is just mistakes. S397 content doesn't have bugs, at least I don't know any.

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Take Lotus 49 in AC. Drive a while. Switch to rF2 and take EVE or Sparks. If you think they compare in driver experience then i dont know what to say, lol. :D

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Or you can take F40. You don't even have a comparison at rF2.

AC has some cards.

By thew way, as a person who enjoy rF2, I don't see how SOL is that much important. @2ndLastJedi But anyway thats awesome modding achievement indeed.