Issue with new GT3 skins in sessions

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by fsuarez79, Feb 3, 2019.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

After this last update I've been having issues with virtual ride skins with the GT3 challengers pack. It looks as if the the .veh file is now linked to the skin
    I'm creating a virtual ride from the tuning menu as usual without any problems. Then I go to the Car folder in the settings menu and replace the dds, go to the Tuning menu again and the new skin shows just fine and as expected.
    However when joining any session (practice/race) the car shows the original S397 skin linked to the veh filename specified in the rcd file.

As an example, the rcd file for the Montaplast Audi in Racedepartment is like this.

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2016 ]] [[ ]]
    GT3
    {
    Daniel Morad
    {
    Team = Montaplast by Land Motorsport
    Component = Audi_R8LMS_GT3_2018
    Skin = altMPlast.dds
    VehFile = WARPAINTAL21502DA4.VEH
    Description = 2019 Land Motorsport Audi R8 #29
    Number = 29
    }
    }

The Montaplast skin shows perfectly fine in Tuning menu. But when adding the car in any session, it will show the original S397 Black/Red skin, which is linked to VehFile = WARPAINTAL21502DA4.VEH.

BTW, this isn't happening only with 3rd party skins, even if I try to use one of the new released skins, the car will still show whichever skin is linked to the veh file.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

It happens with Aston Martin and the Audi, if you select the car to drive it works ok but the AI use the original S397 skin. I do not think I will be doing any skin for these car until all the bugs are sorted.

3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Ok, thanks for confirming, but as far as I can tell it happens with all the GT3 Challengers, not only the Audi and the AM. And yes, I forgot to say that.....it works if you drive it but not for the AI.

@Christopher Elliott I haven't seen anyone reporting this bug. Can you please make sure @Marcel Offermans and whoever needs to is aware of this?
    At this point it's useless to skin the new cars.

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I will try to confirm that.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm not in front of my PC atm but I can test this later.
    Are you talking about the GT3 Challengers pack? Have you been able to test your theory with cars in that pack specifically?
    I've been creating virtual rides for couple of years without any issues and never had to change the alt prefix. It has always worked fine with AI regardless of the skin name as long as it's referenced correctly in the rcd file.

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Removing the "alt" prefix didn't make a difference. Tbh I don't think syntax has anything to do with it and it's rather a bug affecting skins of AI that needs to be addressed by the devs.
    Again, this is specific to the GT3 challengers and the new skinning system after the last update. I had no issues whatsoever with virtual rides before this.

Audere est facere likes this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I've got pretty much the same issue. I create the skin, create the new team, and it looks good in the showroom. When I enter a session (tested on SP practice) it makes my skin the default original one.

I also tried removing the alt prefix (which it makes automaticly when creating a new team) and then it also shows the original skin in the showroom.

[edit] I'm using the porsche gt3

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    fsuarez79 likes this.
  8. Copef1

Copef1 Registered

I'm having the same problem that everyone in this thread is having with the skins not showing up on AI cars. I am also having a problem with any skins I do for Audi not showing up in the menu, or the game at all.

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Is there any update on this? Kind of eagered to finish my skin for the dutch nationals :p

10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I don't know. @Christopher Elliott said he'd confirm but he's been very quiet since

11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

In the json file, it has a path to the dds file, change that to your skin, and see if it works.

12. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Thanks Coutie, hopefully somebody else will be able to confirm if that works or not. I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and won't have time to test it.

13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I'll test it now

14. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

This actually works. These 2 need to be changed if you have this problem. After that it chose my alt skin. When I made a new team, it did it automatically correct. Not sure if this was an incident or from now on right, but it works.

upload_2019-2-8_21-35-5.png

15. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

@Christopher Elliott maybe this can help

16. gluon

gluon Registered

What I noticed is that if I create a virtual ride with my own skin and drive it myself I see my livery, however when watching the replay it always defaults to the original S397 skin. There's no way I can see a replay with my custom skin, even after trying everything mentioned above. I've only tried with the Aston Martin though.

17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Tried this before seeing yours. Doesn't work.
    Yours may work because you've made a type error in "Texture":"al_purrporsche_region", (See the T is missing.
    This could cause the json file not to be read correctly and allow the defuse texture to work on it's own and not load the region texture. So reverting the add-on back to the same as they where before the region texture was added. Possible???

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

One thing I've noticed
    This is the original livery. Note; the banner.
    upload_2019-2-9_12-3-28.png
    Now this is my new virtual ride livery.This one is the folder I use as my painting folder so all the files are open sores, not in a Mas. Note; the livery is back to the original but check the banner.
    upload_2019-2-9_12-7-54.png
    Now that the livery is finished I've created a new folder and RCD ini that is now using a Mas. only in the folder. Note; the banner again.
    upload_2019-2-9_12-10-44.png

So as open sores the window DDS is being loaded to the AI driven car, but as a Mas file for sharing the windows default to one in the cars main Mas disregarding any WC texture completely.

Studio 397; Still got a lot off bugs to work out with this new system before you worry about adding it to new/old mods.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Didn't even see that, but I can assure you, the region file does work. It is very noticable on my skin if it wasn't :p
    20190209084632_1.jpg

But I will try now with fixing the typo.
    [edit] The json I used already had it without the typo.

20. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Nope. No joy here. The window works up that's only when it's open sores. Once it's pack in the Mas it stops working also.
    You must have done something else to the json apart from those two lines.