The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

What are FWD cars in rF2 ? What are in AMS, and how they are better ? @LokiD

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I don't know but it seems its ridiculous s397 and reiza don't combine, they pretty much have already, imagine the sim that would come from this.

Moneys tight, fan bases are small, and its competitive amongst the few sims out there. Ams will never beat rf2 alone. soo its a no brainer just make one studio and rid this world of the other sims for good mwhuhahahahahaa

Will Mazeo and Mauro like this.
  3. Supa

Supa Registered

Considering rf2 hasn't polished all their original content to latest specs puts them nowhere near ams.

TheGame316 and Emery like this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've never used the Reiza sims, the just released screenshots show a couple of closed canopy LMPs. Are those LMP3?

5. Juwe Lahann

Juwe Lahann Registered

They have Metalmoro AJR and MR18. The MR18 is LMP3, the AJR LMP2 afaik.

6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Not a mod. I agree though. Its so fun to race and drive that servers/hosts almost always existed and was active. :) I love their jumpy drifty crazy style.

7. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

You can see real races of Super Trucks anytime in youtube, always fun!

I keep wondering and wondering what cars will be included among F-Vee, Metalmoros and MCR (never mentioned but superfun car). This announce just made me happy.

Trucks?
    Aussies Camaro?
    Copa Montana?
    Opala?

Arghhh can't wait...

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

What are you talking about then ? You said AMS has better FWD simulation, and now you don't know what the cars are.

Also in previous post you said that AMS is so good, that it only needs gfx engine to beat rf2, and now you say that AMS would never beat rF2 alone.

I myself would agree that it would be epic if Reiza and S397 would join their weapons, and they already does that. I guess they know whats best for them.

9. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

:eek: Heathen!

felthat likes this.
  10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I know what the cars are!

I don't know if joining would be the better option. I think it would Seems stupid to stay separate.

11. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

As a standalone sim I like the proposal of AMS of focusing in Brazilian series. Although, there are a bunch of international content over there you can so different Brazilian categories been pictured together, it looks very concise with a clear direction.
    Of course, joining forces would be a dream come true.

12. fbiehne

fbiehne Registered

Transfer all of Reizas tracks over to RF2, I’ll gladly take them! That's what's missing in RF2: high quality (no shitty conversions) (mod)tracks with good AI.

ericRacer, DustySticks, LokiD and 2 others like this.
  13. Paulo Silva

Paulo Silva Registered

It would be a dream to have the content of the Motorist in Rfactor 2, I who am Brazilian would like the Brazilian tracks to come to Rfactor2 who knows one day will happen but for now awaiting DLC Reiza anxiously

14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Even funnier point is. I posted the same thing on reiza forum they all don't want the merger. Yet here they do.

What does that say?

15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

True but, some people want things to stay in DX9 forever. Given Reiza's strengths and technical limitations, the rF2 platform seems to offer the best fit for future developments. Their talent for putting the fine finish on their products can certainly be of benefit to rF2 content in general.

I think these two studios joining forces could result in amazing things but, such ventures are never easy and there may be as many negative's as potential positive outcome's in some people's eyes. For Reiza, it would likely mean having less control over content and maybe, quality as well as general direction. I do think each studio can benefit from the other's collaboration while working on the same platform for sure.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Mauro and Rui Santos like this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I wouldn't be back seat developer, especially when it comes to such big thing as studios merging, things like that has impact on lives of people working there...

@LokiD Could you tell me what are those FWD cars in rF2 and in AMS, so I could compare them ?

jayarrbee36 and vittorio like this.
  17. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I agree that the FWD cars in AMS handle far more naturally than those in rF2 currently. In rF2 (simplistic terms), the torque-steer is too extreme and abrupt unless a large dose of steering-dampening is applied, especially with the Honda Civic where the power results in front traction loss very easily. This is extremely evident with a DD-wheel but, to make matters worse is the tire sounds and how they work in rF2. Reiza are extremely good at utilizing tire-sounds to communicate tire-grip very effectively and, it's very helpful with throttle control, something so vitally important with FWD cars.

fab06 and Rui Santos like this.
  18. felthat

felthat Registered

What would Reiza gain by merging with s397? Just dont tell me its engine because they already have one decided and work on ams2, not to mention, u can license engine without merging studios

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

The new reiza's title on rf2 engine could be great

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Sem título.jpg

My bet... considering the timing and some things said in a past road map from Reiza about "a new option" for engine I'll say AMS 2 is rF2 base with Lumberyard engine like Top Gear (dont know why it looks that way in TG, that graphic engine is capable of good graphics, I guess it was their art choice). I imagine this combo is now S397 option of licensing.
    My 2 cents :D

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Mauro likes this.