Latest Roadmap Update - January 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pales

Pales Registered

I’m not even going to waste anymore time responding to this, you’re clearly outnumbered and deluded.

2. Pales

Pales Registered

That’s incorrect. Raceroom have been providing updates on a regular basis. I would say confidently it is now the best in the business. iRacing are now developing AI which is expected to be released later this year.

The convenience of enduracing race offline cannot be beaten.

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I've been playing raceroom a lot recently it's offline racing Is the best in the business and the physics are enjoyable and believable ..... And ffb is very good to with no light silly feeling cars.

Yes rf2 is falling behind worryingly.. Just a good tyre model and gt dlc won't help Rf2 survive unfortunately

This is as frustrating and disheartening for me to say as it is for the devs to hear I imagine.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    UsedMomo, F1Aussie, Karei and 4 others like this.
  4. Walker8

Walker8 Registered

I love RF2 but god damn. What a terrible road map.
    I don't know why S397 keeps bringing in new dlc's. They should just focus on the UI, Multiplayer and AI instead of adding new content. Oh before I forget, it looks like gen2 will only feature one track (and it's a fantasy track) and it will get abandoned like the first gen FE. Sorry but it's not looking bright for the future of this sim.

Radek Sirc, Legend, peterchen and 4 others like this.
  5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Agree fe is pointless with just one track and a fictional one. Does the systems work on it now?

F1Aussie and Pales like this.
  6. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Registered

Long version:
    You know, I play Raceroom more than I used to a year ago and enjoy that fact that they've updated the physics of some cars to the newest model, AI has improved and they've added multi-class. All great.
    However, no day/night transitions, no dynamic weather, fixed tire pressure, no real road tech - these are the things from top of my head that people have been asking for quiet a while, yet we don't even know if any of it is in the pipeline. You claim that it's best in the business, and at the same time people complain that all S3Studios does is release new content while not fixing core issues. Check out the forums what people think of new ADAC GT Masters 2018.
    rFactor2 has seen lots of improvements since S397 took over, but there are some outstanding issues and not everyone is pleased.
    You see the analogy here?
    Either the teams are too small, or the issues are not that easy to fix. How can one criticize one developer and praise the other while clearly both struggle to deliver all at once what people want?
    I see improvements coming both from Sector3Studios and S397 and I'm grateful. Rome wasn't built in a day either. The thing is, neither rF2 nor R3E are at the end of the life cycle. Luckily we can expect improvements from both titles, but not everything is going to be fixed today. Yeah, I get it. We want everything here and now, but be a little more realistic.

Short version:
    No sim is perfect - pick your poison. If at this time you are most pleased with Raceroom - go enjoy it, here and now. Come back to rF2 in a while, maybe things will be to your liking then. We have options :)

Dookie, John, muzikant and 11 others like this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Ami Actually a good point and often overlooked by me and many others.

muzikant and McKiernan like this.
  8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

- Priorities
    "Our competition system and new UI are the highest priority things for our developers working on right now." :
    It gives me the impression that offline players will be neglected this year again. pfffffffffffffff.
    Also the new UI is high at high priority is normal.

- UI
    "Expect us to reveal more about the first quarter of this year."
    WHATTTTTTTTT ??
    The UI is still delayed.

- Tatuus and Reiza soon, ok.

- Nordschleife, very bad news, but do it well (take your time)

- Car updates:
    Not all cars will be updated, AGAIN ?
    Only graphic updates, AGAIN ?
    NO UPDATES WITH THE LATEST PHYSICS TECHNOLOGIES (Tires, flex chassis, etc), AGAIN ? Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

- Tracks:
    I do not expect great things with the few informations you gave.

- Features :
    Can you for once be transparent.
    What are these features. The less information I have, the less I trust.

--------------------------------
    The rest of the information is of no interest.
    7 lines would have enough : can you make rich roadmap ???

Fan but not fanboy.
    Again and again, a very bad roadmap.

Legend, Mauro and peterchen like this.
  9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I'm one of those that are desperately waiting for the new UI... news: "More updates on the end of first quarter" :( so new UI won't be released in, at least, next half year... too sad!

Anyway i would love to see main sim bugs solved, there are lots of annoying bugs that ruin the experience, and this should be the priority, now i'm wanting this more than the proper UI. I would love to see every month, or couple of months, a list of corrected bugs in each update. One bug that is particularly annoying is the ghost cars of retired drivers keep appearing/disappearing on track, i wonder how this was never solved...

Well, i have nothing more to say except to wish Studio397 to keep working on it, i am supporting you as allways, there is no best sim in market, even with its flaws, so i'm hoping (still) for better days to come...

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  10. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Aah , what a great year to be simracer, rf2 is going forward and its getting new things, new simracing titles are in development and new features/stuff comes into existing titles from left and right!!

McKiernan and MarcG like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

He is right tho, 3d artists aren't coding lol so saying to stop doing the art stuff to fix bugs doesn't make any sense.

John, Emery, McKiernan and 3 others like this.
  12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Looking into this forum after half of a year or so...
    Still nothing! Roadmap says nothing!
    All is taking faaaaaaaaaar too long!
    Building an UI for over 2 years? A joke! If rest of game industry would work like that, they all would be bankrupt!
    Dissapointed as fck.

Legend, Pales, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

It makes sense to me. They need to start spending money on the coders instead of spending money on 3d artists. Unless they are a team of 30 ppl working on coding and 3d full time. But I dont suspect that is the case.

TJones, Damian Baldi and jpalesi like this.
  14. Karei

Karei Registered

This roadmap shows that rF2 has nothing more to offer. Its selling points, tyre model, weather system and AI, have been either forgotten or not fully implemented. Right now, rival sims are catching up on those features, while being way ahead on every other aspect. That Studio 397 has decided to concentrate on a fantasy track is baffling. rF2 is at best directionless: it wants to do everything, but in the end it achieves nothing.

UsedMomo, F1Aussie and Pales like this.
  15. Pales

Pales Registered

Have a look at the comments here. Nothing is positive. Many users are unsatisfied due to the lack of transparency and progress; most noticeably with the UI and core fixes. We were supposed to see a release during the last quarter of 2017 - it is now 2019 and we barely have any further media to showcase the progress?

Meanwhile, further additions of DLC continue to be put in place, despite them sometimes being of lower quality than third party modders (particularly when it comes to level of detail and AI controllability). There are ways to go about development a game and from the overwhelming majority of comments expressed here, it would appear they are doing this incorrectly and users are frustrated.

Legend and Mauro like this.
  16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Look at the speed of content and issues that come in their release that dont get fixed. I dont think there is many people in the art team ^^

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  17. Mauro

Mauro Registered

ISI
    Where are you! :(

2011:

Louis, br444m and Legend like this.
  18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i have posted a youtube video from sim expo 2018 that clearly says that marcel wants to improve the game further (physics)
    i want to see this

19. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Since S397 is here,

The most important which is the "global realism", which includes physics and many other things, is no longer at the heart of rF2.

I was the first to say it, and 2 years later, I can say that I was largely right.

Progress in this area is quite weak.
    Apart from the GT3 tires, we have not made any great progress.

20. Pales

Pales Registered

Creating assets is one thing, but implementing the physics, car interface and various other variables for the car is another thing. They're clearly just trying to spool out as much DLC as they can, whilst not addressing the main concerns we have for the game. The community is now starting to show it's distaste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.