Latest Roadmap Update - January 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Alex72, DaveS78, Corti and 11 others like this.
  2. Magus

Magus Registered

Just before the tax deadline here in the UK :p

EsxPaul likes this.
  3. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Work harder lol , look forward to mid summer , things looking good .

Sean_S36 likes this.
  4. Week

Week Registered

I'm sorry, but this update is a joke...

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

and.... why?
    Is it because it seems entirely devoted to new content? Nothing about off-line improvements? No F1 content? No Nurb by tomorrow?
    I understand you can be disappointed, but explain yerself dude!

muzikant, Filip and Hocician like this.
  6. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Few positives in the Road map.

good to see formula E gen 2 announced, something different and looks well modeled.
    The car paint editor seems very interesting and the new shaders allow some nice effects i really like that, but jeez it seems overly complex. i guess this is something once you learn its not too bad. i look forward to mods taking advantage of this.

on the note of shaders i really wish more would happen with track shaders, currently the tracks in RF really leave a lot to be desired for.. there is some nicely done tracks out there, but it just needs that little bit more.

In regards to the UI, i think just don't speak of it in roadmaps anymore. it seems way too far away, are we 2 years already in about this UI? it just opens up speculation and unrealistic lead times. ETA at this stage looks like 2020. I do think this will really improve RF2 the most so does take time to get right i guess. but wow.

i think the biggest disappointment is no mention of general bug fixes like AI and rain Tyre solutions etc and feature implementations. the sim has gone from great with AI to absolutely garbage for it. additional content is great and it gives a revenue stream, but would be nice to see some general improvements as a whole. what ever happen to the rain puddles physic based etc?

Regardless keep up the work.

7. elbo

elbo Registered

-we could finally tell the world about the project we had been secretly working on for the last year and a half- could have mentioned that a year and a half ago, that way we could understand better the glacial pace of development on general fixes to RF2 that should have been done years ago (eg. mirrors on historic f3, proper tires on existing mods, ect.)...also stop announcing new content and finish and polish stuff...the UI is dangerously close to entering vapour-ware territory.
    Anyhow...sorry for the negative post, congrats on the new contract with Amazon and RF2 remains the only sim I play.

Added bonus...game now crashes to desktop...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

:eek: They mentioned the C word!

9. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Very happy to see the Lester circuit receive the recognition it deserves! What a superb track and @32pixels' Celica GTO is no slouch either.

A request: Could S397 please at least acknowledge the AI issues? I keep telling myself that it'll be looked into once the UI/competition but the radio silence on this topic the past few months has been a little worrying.

peterchen, Ho3n3r and Travis like this.
  10. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I was looking forward to these as official skins but am quite gutted that they left them out
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

lynx75 likes this.
  11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I would like a statement on ai too

peterchen and UsedMomo like this.
  12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

So many little things to update/fix. I feel like the focus of a new UI and competition system isn't what's best for the title right now. If the competition system is great but the game behind it has lots of bugs/tweaks that are needed, i think you'll lose the audience permanently.

Appreciate the updates though.

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Meh......
    Oh well at least I hope you received lots of revenue from the grand tour to help fund rF2 development! TGT isn't even on PC ffs :(

patchedupdemon and dazzer like this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I suspect the cost and time of gathering licenses for all those cars would be prohibitive. Then we have the fight over ADAC skins vs Dubai vs Bathurst. We'll have to depend on the skills of our excellent painters here in the rF2 community.

Godwind Racing likes this.
  15. Supa

Supa Registered

I tell u what ...I'm over paying for any new stuff. At this rate I may as well go do iracing. At least they do online well. Instead of making up new stuff for us to waste our money on how about updating all your old content to latest tyre model etc. Reiza are streets ahead there as every car has proper polished physics. At the moment apart from online racing I don't use rf2 at all and spend offline in AMS

PirroC, Rony1984, Duvel and 3 others like this.
  16. Supa

Supa Registered

And we already have a ported laser scanned nordsheife from AC. why would u waste another 30 bucks on what will essentially be just a bumpier track than we already have.

UsedMomo, 2ndLastJedi and dazzer like this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Because everyone who knows anything about everything says that laser tracks are the only thing.

Mauro likes this.
  18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Second update in a row that crashes the game to desktop. o_O
    Come on guys...

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Nothing new. Lol, the new UI was announced 2 years ago and maybe we will see it in the end of 2019. The Nurburgring is great but I really would have preferred 2-3 laserscanned tracks like MidOhio+ Road America instead of a Mega big track that is good only for testing and hot laping .

Varreth, PirroC, Legend and 6 others like this.
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

The only C word I took out of the roadmap was "can't" deliver UI :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.