Lets talk about the MERC GT3 FFB?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Nov 30, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The TS-XW is a brother to the TS-PC with a different wheel. Both are superior to the 300 and 500(at least in Thrustmaster's product line). I think the XW has slightly more powerful motor than the PC but that is just a vague memory.

M D Gourley and Alex72 like this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

when i hear stories about Thustmaster wheels die i always feel sad and afraid.
    not gona buy thrustmaster wheel again cause i believe they dont last long
    my T150 is doing weird noises when i turn to the right my wheel
    it started a month ago :(

M D Gourley likes this.
  3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You get a new motor though if that happens right? Otherwise there would be no reason to buy those wheels. DFGT lasts FOREVER even on max power. :D

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Alex72 after 13 months weird noises started and from what i know 2 years is the warranty

5. Stevy

Stevy Registered

currently I can say the same about Fanatec. It feels like almost my whole Team switched to Fanatec, and oh boy what problems they got and how bad the support and shipping is. And I'm sitting here with my 3 year old T300 and had zero problems at all till now.

Speaking of Merc FFB. Yesterday I did a 45min race with it and after around 20 to 30mins of racing I got the feeling of a Flatspot in my wheel.
    It was rattling on the straights like crazy. And that with an ABS car (not full ABS but quit high) ?
    A few friends and myself also noticed this a week back or so when we drove the USF2000. After some time it feels like the tyre has flat spots
    even though you never locked the brakes. You get the feeling that the flat spots come naturally.
    Got anyone the same observation ?

mesfigas likes this.
  6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Stevy thanks for info mate
    i was thinking about fanatec Elite wheel
    so far from ppl around internet say that is supperior to everything compared to thrustmaster

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think you probably simply accumulate it with many little locks. I find newer cars much less prone to flatspots than most older rF2 cars. But still much more prone to flatspots than it is usually in other sims, other simulators seems like they hardly simulate flatspots at all.

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Some companies give you stuff even if it past warranty period. I remember Saitek HOTAS and some part inside broke for me after 2 years and they sent new one free of charge, even sending the part through the mail to my home across countries was paid for by them. Someone else also that i forget now... But i remember getting 2 potentiometers free as well sent through the mail after warranty time was over.
    I havent driven cars for longer than some 10-15min so far. This weekend im gonna do a longer run and see.

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

just out of interest and I know ive talked about damper years ago on RD.

But anyone tried damper enabled with the merc. ? it does feel much better! . Have to enable 100% damper in the TM CP, then adjust the steering cof in json. I use about 0.3 with ,and yes the wheels heavier, I don't feel that much loss in FFB detail to be honest.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Lol probably. I always use 0.3-0.5 of damper, since I always used gyro effect in AC.

LokiD likes this.
  11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

hmm that was my thinking coming off a session of ACC. But you need quite a high damper to make ther merc more that believable, then you start to lose all kinds of detail. Not to mention driving any other car in rf2 (apart from older ISI cars maybe) isn't in dire need of any damper. So ….

12. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

The Damping in the Thrustmaster Control Panel enables a force that opposes every movement. You will not feel a difference in FFB if you hold your wheel in position because there is none but as soon as you start moving it, there will be an higher force to contrast that movement. It's a force that is not calculated by the game but added by the wheel driver. <- WRONG: the force is calculated by the game and sent to the wheel if Damping is higher than 0%. Thank you @LokiD.
    I think that there are some settings in the Controller.JSON that will enable the same effect without having to use the wheel control panel, maybe they can be useful to you. <- WRONG: the use of Control Panel is necessary.

Settings in Controller.JSON that modify how the damping effect is calculated:

LokiD likes this.
  13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

the resistance values wont take effect until damper is enable in CP.

d0nd33 likes this.
  14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

what do you have your control panel set to?

15. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

That's true, I've made a mistake in the previous post, I'll correct that.

LokiD likes this.
  16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

no probs..

Just running the McLaren gt3 back to back with the AMG @ ricard. Its so off in comparison - when going into corners it literally feels like all the corners have ice patches on them. Think just gonna stay away from my fav gt car then, as damper doesn't fix this... not that I thought it would if even if help a little.:(

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

[​IMG]

18. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

You can try (t300)
    100 (~0.85 per car approximately)
    by the game

FFB max torque : 3.7% (controller.json or 3.5%)
    No filter
    offroad multiplier = 1.0 (controller.json)

= Low clipping (tested with damplugin), awesome feeling.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  19. LokiD

LokiD Registered

how is that for the other cars though?

20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Ah... Now we know why your wheel breaks again and again, mate. 100 overall force is said all over to kill the wheel. This is why i run 75% and its great detail that way. Dont need more.