Best mod ever for AC

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jan 27, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Just in case some have been living under a rock and not seen this amazing mod for AC i'll just post this here for you [​IMG]and Kunos said the engine wasn't capable !

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yeah, looks good, already saw it, but... i cant go back to AC again! I can't drive without dynamic line anymore, it just doesn't make sense...

Emery, juanchioooo and The Iron Wolf like this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

There's lots that doesn't make sense :p im just enjoying the change :)

4. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

It looks very realistic! It's unbelievable that it is a third party mod. The headlight beams look so good. Lights appear even in the reflection!
    I wonder when shadows from multiple light sources will be standard [example][headlights], I don't like the fake effect that most developers use.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    mr.Sw1tchblade and TJones like this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

people say its very heavy and fps drops a lot
    havent tried it yet

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

"and Kunos said the engine wasn't capable !"
    Just because someone made it with a couple of shaders does not mean the engine supports that properly and cheat proof, by that Kunos mean in the code level.
    The mod looks nice but this kind of comment is just stupid.

Alex72 likes this.
  7. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

But if shaders can be injected... doesn't it mean that they can be integrated into existing codebase? The modders didn't write a different engine.
    In fact, I remember of a game where developers integrated ReShade effects, I don't recall which one.

nurogize likes this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

"supports that properly and cheat proof"
    Maybe not, at least not in the way the dev would like it to happen. There is more to night support than simple shaders. The most important part is being cheat proof.

9. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

What do you mean with "cheat proof"? Actual cheating? I think an anti cheat is not impossible to implement, as long as the new shaders are into the original code, ban whatever injects new values. Or disable some part of it for online races. Or use an external tool like many rFactor leagues do, too...
    Cheating is just a side problem, modders showed that night and dynamic weather were indeed possible but it wasn't in Kunos' plans. They had ACC in mind for that.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Like I said at least not the way the dev wanted to make it happen. AC has only one source of light, maybe for their engine they didnt find worth to add 24h cyclle that way.
    Worthless discussion (and comments regarding kunos statements) really. If the mod is good enjoy it.

11. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

Then don't start "worthless discussions" by calling other people's comments stupid o_O.

Ef123, F1Aussie and Filip like this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I do what I want :D

Dont get me wrong, I wish AC had 24h cycle and weather and I thought it would have when I bought it in early access because NetKar Pro had it (rain, dont remember if it had night). But if they made it without these features then it cant be done in the engine level properly.
    It's cool that modders added it but just because someone made with a mod does not mean it's doable in the important parts.
    I mean you can put a plane in AC, does not make it a flight sim.

Alex72, Rui Santos and d0nd33 like this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

It doesn't affect fps at all for me! Still same settings as before, I show settings at the end. I actually raised the mirror option after because that's why they stop working when it's dark, if you have high quality ticked the mirrors work at night Not shown in this vid but will be for any other vids;)

Alex72 likes this.
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

lol, and you said my comment was stupid!

Did you ever think they just weren't capable or didn't have the knowhow or they had future plans for another Sim with day/night/rain and that if AC had those features that a Sim with only GT3 may not look as appealing!
    :rolleyes:

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Do you know NetKar Pro? If Kunos wanted AC would be a sim to put all others to shame if it was an evolution of that one... they had the knowhow, they were capable. A plan to release something in 2019 developing a game before 2014 without being sure if it will go well? Damn they can think ahead.

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

17. LilSki

LilSki Registered

The "shader patch" has more than 44k lines of code in it and in many ways rewrites the engine to do this. The fact it is still called a "shader patch" is not really accurate anymore. There are even changes to some core physics with more on the way.

As far as cheating there are changes coming to the server to enforce the use of the patch so the 24hr/cycle and weather can be enforced. Right now the AC server is not aware of anything 24hr related.

All of this was more than doable for Kunos but they felt the time and cost it would take to do it themselves was not worth it. You have to remember due to the commercial failure of nkpro kunos nearly went under. Because of that AC was stripped down to keep it simple as possible to build. It was never really meant to become as big as it did. And because of this it was very difficult to implement anymore changes later in the game especially with physics. Because if cars had to be updated in any way it took a long time to update all of them. In the end it got too big for its own good.

mr.Sw1tchblade, d0nd33 and Will Mazeo like this.
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah, I bought AC because I thought it would be an evolution of NetKar, it became such a disappointment to me when I saw it wasn't >_<"
    It's one thing for a modder to do it in their free time, another for the dev where every minute costs money. Hopefully AC2 comes complete be it with UE4 or their own next creation.

Rui Santos and d0nd33 like this.
  19. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

IIRC, during the EA videos/streamings Stefano himself said that weather would come only with a new installment because it wasn't planned for AC. Then after people were pressing for it in the forum, he started posting that it was outright impossible. I mean, I understand him.
    Same, my hopes were so high after they gave us a key for netKar with the EA. Not that AC turned out bad, they did an awesome work, it's just not what I expected.
    It's a shame that netKar was a commercial failure, I really liked it but people told me that it wasn't easy to host bug-free races. I've never got to race online.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This is exactly what I read also, Stefano said it was not possible, not stating it was to time consuming but rather not possible due to engine limitations!