Mercedes AMG GT3 Setup Monza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oliver Barker, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker Registered

Hi Guys,

I have been lucky enough to do some testing in real life with the AMG at Monza. Before I went testing I used a high end simulator at a race team's HQ near Silverstone.

I'm new to this sim and have a fanatec setup. My lap times in the professional sim were around the 1:48's. In rfactor 2 my best so far is 1:50.2 which is quite a bit off. I've been tweaking the setup to get to this time but I cant seem to get any quicker.

I'm looking for advice on setup. I've done a lot of googling and can't see anything out there. Does anyone have a good setup they can share?

Cheers chaps

lynx75 likes this.
  2. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

The lap time might not match with the real life also if the track mod isn't accurate enough.

3. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker Registered

Is there anything I can do about this?

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

real track perfomance and simulation performance might have a big difference
    pro teams using motec to do the proper setup per track yes ?
    also the conditions from real life tracks to simulators might be a lot of difference.

5. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

I can share my set up...whether it works for anyone else is the question:)... I have fine tuned the settings (still not perfect)..and found with these settings using a little bit of brake on corner entry to help pull the Merc into the corner and at mid apex use heavy throttle and get 'On Throttle Oversteer'...for my TS XW Racer set up this is a very entertaining drive...settings below driving at 'Silverstone GT Layout' 1 MERC GT3 SETTINGS FFB.jpg 2 MERC GT3 SETTINGS General v4.jpg 3 MERC GT3 SETTINGS Suspension v4.jpg 4 MERC GT3 SETTINGS Advanced v4.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Alex72 and Oliver Barker like this.
  6. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

did you try to put some more rubber on track?

if not..see if there is preset with high rubber for that track

go to session settings and set it to scripted.then set real road preset to high if there is one..
    if there is no preset (only green,naturaly progressing)you can set real road time scale to max 15x
    and then let AI to do some laps 10/15 min or more
    then when you satisfied with amount of grip(lap times) you can save that real road preset

M D Gourley and patchedupdemon like this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

How do you save real road preset? Didnt even know that existed. :)

I did a similar setup to @M D Gourley and i got better times, but i havent tested Monza yet so couldnt tell you times on it.

8. keith_d

keith_d Registered

Very brief look in Motec (relating to Monza)

Tyres

Left side is around 9kpa higher, being Monza I would probably go for a higher pressure so bump up the right side to balance them out, your front left is rolling over in the last turn, needs a bit more camber and your rears could use a bit less

Rake, your rear end is lower than your front on virtually the whole track by an average of 8 to 12mm, lowering the rear wing (it's Monza) will help then tune from there

Can't give you engine temps because S397 in their infinite wisdom decided to remove those channels from Motec but leave them in the game?

Your front end is too soft, your rolling over more in the front through corners and you have more travel on the front end suspension, the whole point of a GT3 is to pin the front end down because thats where your aero for the turns comes from (aerobalance), stiffen it up and soften the rear a touch, I couldn't tell you if the front end is grounding under braking because we don't have a FRONT WING CHANNEL!!

Your getting understeer on coast, look at maybe lowering the preload a bit once you've done a few more runs to test

Your dampers are about to ping through the chassis, especially on the rear, balance them front to rear and tune

Please for the love of god lower that rear toe, I may be forced to fetch the blunderbuss

Here endeth my assessment, everything stated is imo and should be taken with a pinch of salt :D

Slip_Angel, TJones and M D Gourley like this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Alex72 choose car and track and hit race
    there are 3 tabs
    1Garage 2.settings 3.Standings
    choose standings
    lok at the right of your screen below the drivers names list you ll see 4 tabs
    1.expand 2.save ral road 3.boot 4. add ai
    you can save real road of any seesion you want
    usually the race uses the qualification real road that made by cars trying to qualify lets say 3 laps

Alex72 likes this.
  10. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

LOL...brilliant assessment keith_d.:D
    ...although you mentioned the Tyre pressure being higher on one side.o_O....I see that the front is at 160kPa on both sides and 150kPa on both sides....as for the rest of the settings:eek:...well...just as well it is not a real car...lol
    Thanks for taking the time to assess and I will play around with more adjustments.

11. keith_d

keith_d Registered

Why thank you lol :D

With regards the pressures like everything else they are dynamic, as the tyre gains heat they expand and depending on the nature of the track one side is going to end up higher than the other, the left side settled in around 190kpa and the right at 180kpa :)

M D Gourley likes this.
  12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

In standings, there’s a tab that says “save real road”

M D Gourley and Alex72 like this.
  13. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

How did you generate motec file with RF2 ?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For the TS wheel you have, the smoothing setting seems too high. 1 or 2 at most unless you are getting jolts thru the wheel.

15. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Slip_Angel likes this.