On traction control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elbo, Jan 21, 2019.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

Does the traction control setting in the GT cars behave the same way as the traction control in the difficulty menu?
    What is the result of putting traction setting to maximum in the car and to high in the difficulty menu?

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm pretty sure it does behave the same way, with the exception that in-car settings have more steps (1-9 for what I've seen) while in-game settings only have 3 (low-med-high).

The game will use whichever setting is higher. In this case you have both at max level, but say you choose 2 in-car and high in-game, you'll have high TC, So in essence, best to disable in-game settings and use in-car settings.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

From what I have read, to use the TC settings while in the car, you must turn off the option in the menus. Pre-setting TC or ABS to a certain level in the menus, over-rides the in-car selections. So make sure your ABS & TC are turned off, and ALSO make sure you have assigned keys or buttons to adjust those settings in-car.
    Now in the setups, Many of the new cars like the GT3 paks have a default setting. That is fine. You do not have to change those. Those Garage settings become the starting point where you can begin adjusting in the car.

buddhatree likes this.
  4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

It doesn't override it. Here's an extract from the June roadmap. And Marcel answered to someone not long ago in RD that the higher setting is the one that dominates, but I'm too lazy to look for it. :D
    But I agree, it's better to just set game settings off and use in-car settings.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 7.31.36 PM.png

Alex72 likes this.
  5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Found it

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 7.42.03 PM.png

Marcus Battaglia and davehenrie like this.
  6. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

if it uses whichever is highest, does that mean that if you have it set to High in the menu that you can't turn it fully down in car?

surely what you set in car while driving should overide whatever is in the menu...

7. Filip

Filip Registered

upload_2019-1-22_9-51-57.png

Alex72 likes this.
  8. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

yes, thank you I can read...but it just seems stupid.

and whilst no doubt you were trying to be "clever", you have not actually answered the question.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Marecel answered your question. TURN THE FREAKIN MENU OFF!!!!!! Then you have complete control from inside the car.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  10. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

blimey it was a simple enough question, why do people on here get so ar$ey ?

11. Filip

Filip Registered

Yes, exactly. That means "it uses whichever is highest".

No, incorrect. Because "it uses whichever is highest".

I wasn't trying to be clever, I was just pointing to clear and simple answer from devs (which by the way fsuarez79 already did but I highlighted most important part).

Marcel, fsuarez79 and me we all answered you question.

12. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

imagine if you took your car to a garage and the mechanic set your TC to high on his laptop, you then go out and drive but you cannot turn the TC down because the laptop is set at the highest.

13. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Dude, they are called aids for a reason. They're fictional and aimed to make gamers' lives easier. If you want realism stop splitting hairs, turn them off and use in car settings.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    amishracing likes this.