Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you drive online you probably got a skin in a server and now it shows like this

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Oh, of course that's the issue! (bangs head against wall) I didn't even think of it due to no custom skins being available yet.

Thanks Will!

3. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

Making fun of the people who report problems is as embarrassing as the ones who misuse their words... if not worse. o_O

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@d0nd33 report bugs is always welcome
    please report bugs

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

My point is, you found something. GREAT. Let S397 know, Time for them is extremely important. MAKE YOUR REPORT SO THEY CAN FIND THE ISSUE without having to waste time. AFAT front brake caliper, Aston apparently chose a color that almost perfectly matches the color of the rotor. I assumed, since the shot was rear focused, the bland front caliper was just out of view. So while S397 could have been quickly assigning somebody to fix this...they have to load it up them selves and spin around the car until they find it. I looked at the car in the showroom and both calipers were there.
    I'm cranky today, sorry. But I am trying to show you-all how to improve things FASTER!
    grmph grmph

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Further Instruction:
    S397 Web guy: A user reported a problem with the Aston
    S397 Quality Control Guy: Really? What is it?
    S397 Web guy: I don't know, something on the side, I think, he didn't say.
    S397 Quality Control Guy: Did they describe the problem?
    S397 Web guy: No.
    S397 Quality Control Guy: Well, did they at least list their system components and what graphic options they were using?
    S397 Web guy: No. But somebody said it was plainly visible.
    S397 Quality Control Guy: Ok, I'll get one of the interns to look at it, after he's done playing Overwatch.
    S397 Web guy: Great, that is one more item to scratch off my list.
    S397 Quality Control Guy: Consider it done, whatever it is.

7. filippu

filippu Registered

Love is blind.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The funny thing is that quality control (if it exists) or the artist behind the car would not release it that way if they had full autonomy to decide so ;)

9. d0nd33

d0nd33 Registered

Moreover, there's the alpha problem of transparent textures behind windows (look at the windscreen).
    The rim blur looks like it is too outward?

I don't like how transparent objects are rendered, they are too opaque for my taste. Especially headlights, they lack some reflection, too. In my opinion, materials that are opaque and not reflective don't look very realistic (plastic, nets, rubber etc., or even opaque paint). On the other hand, reflections on paint look a lot better.
    Details aside, the overall image quality improved a lot. I hope they get an even better graphic fidelity with time.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    davehenrie likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

OMG!
    upload_2019-1-18_12-44-0.jpeg
    If the problem is on the front corner, then take a screen-shot of the front corner. If the item is layered behind something, then take a static screen-grab so the blur of the wheel, in this case, would not obscure the item you are looking for. In the previous post, D0nd33 pointed out specific items he felt were incorrect. Kudos to him. Not just complaining about that crap or this crap. You may, at some point, realize I am not defending the devs, but trying to help you get the most from your purchase.

mesfigas and jayarrbee36 like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I wasn't making fun of anyone. Too often people post a picture with no description of what they're showing, and probably half the time with some random jibe ("this is a joke", or "wtf", or "is this real?", etc).

On several occasions I've been in discussions with people criticising something, or saying something is done wrong, and they show a picture and you say ok, what's wrong with it? And literally all you get back is a condescending "what, can't see you the problem?" "how is that right?" "if you can't see it, I don't know what to say" "it seems like you think everything they do is right".

If someone identifies something they see or think is wrong, as in actually identifies it, everyone's on the same page. Fewer arguments, quicker and clearer 'fix lists', and if the person is actually mistaken and needs to be corrected there's the opportunity to do it before things get out of hand.

I wasn't making fun of the particular person in this case, I hope my "the appropriate response here" was clearly a general jab at people who don't explain themselves properly and immediately get defensive. If it was taken personally I apologise.

Alex72, lagg, Slamfunk3 and 5 others like this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

looks like a bad mod … sry s397 I luv ya but really.. please whos the modder that did this car?

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Dont blame the artist, he most likely had a tight deadline, just look how they rush to deliver the content due to a competition, this time seems like they were in a hurry to deliver it before Christmas... and then they couldn't delay the Aston too much. since all others were already released.

14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

To add too Lazza's post, there is a much better place to post issues and that is the Bug Reports sub-forum of the Technical and Support section.
    The devs are a lot more likely to take action when something is reported there than to sift through pages of shit and dribble like this thread.

15. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Ran GT3 (both) on Paul Ricard 1.05 GTC (16 laps, 1 pitstop, 2 humans and 24 AI).
    The McLaren 720 is much better after the update, can brake deeper and with a good setup, a pleasure to drive.
    Did a small stint in the Aston, sounds good onboard, has good acceleration and speed (2nd to Corvette) but tail happy on corners.
    Will need a good setup.
    All in all, a pleasure to drive this Pack/Challenge :)

16. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

That's what happens when the Dev use a low res spec map or a low res Defuse2 map texture.

Some will try and tell you that the spec map isn't use now because it's using HDR but that's crap.

Aren't these basic things that should have been fixed well before release??
    Any other mod team would have been dragged over the coals for such a poor effort.

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Thing is people 4 years ago wanted cars not just any cars gt cars and 90s f1 cars and the like.. We have them now and we applaud the studio. But we have lost quality for quantity somehow. Maybe rf2 should slow down a tad and finish and perfect whats started

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Rony1984, d0nd33, sg333 and 4 others like this.
  18. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

100% agree. Before when content was free, I would give them a pass but now that we are being charged a premium...I expect a premium product. In terms of pricing, it's similar to what RaceSimStudio puts out with their cars and the quality is so high from that team. I expect a big studio like 397 to offer the same quality. They have done it on some cars (the GTE pack is very good), but I need to see it across the board going forward.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  19. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I just hope they are still working on it. I Think I Am not alene in waiting for this pack to reach a standard where I want to spend money on it. I Really want these cars but like others point out it has to be premium quality in every aspect.

mr.Sw1tchblade, sg333 and Marisa like this.
  20. Jihemme

Jihemme Registered

Hey all,

Maybe this was asked before but where are the templates so we can create our own liveries ?