New HUD by Studio-397 (car-line)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jefcam, May 10, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Perfect ! really ? Maybe i expect more than this .

avenger82 and ADSTA like this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You could even have the name and a line upwards with the names diagonally follwing that line upwards. That way you could have great precision in seeing where everyone is even in a grouping. Not at home so i cant do a mockup of what i mean, but you could make a really nice "car-line" if you put some thought and design into it. Names can be short form like 2 first letters in first name and 1 letter last name. Like "Frederick Johnson" is "FRJ" for example (or however they do those short names).

EDIT: Paint at work... :D Not as well designed as i want, lol. I have an idea but cant do it in Paint, but you get the idea. Can have the number also before the initials. Or maybe just a number on a circle with a thin line straight down onto the horizontal "car-line" just to have even more precision instead of blobs covering other blobs. Also thought of Another idea, what if when you are in a Group of cars the car-line stretches out dynamically so that you can easier see where you are in comparison to the other cars? When the Group is dispersed the line goes back to normal "resolution" again. Kinda like track maps that when you speed up the map show more of the map so that you can easier see corners coming up, and when you slow down the track map zooms in again. Having that function on the car-line would be neat. Just thinking out loud though since i use CrewChief for all my info. :)
    mockup.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Louis and Jeferson Richart like this.
  3. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

They look outdated imo .

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Hud pretty poor imho
    Wish I could even move the gear panel to the left

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. Louis

Louis Registered

Horrible idea :D I would like drivers names for online races just above the cars and not in the sky. Something like codemasters. Maybe diferent colour for a lapped driver
    f1-2017%20(13).jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Alex72 likes this.
  6. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

+1 hate those old rubbish driver-labels which are often unreadable with low field of view.
    those codemasters f1 things are looking great.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I wasnt talking about the lines in the sky. :D The race line thingy that we can turn on/off at the bottom of the screen. Instead of big Square blocks that overlap each other and you cant see where you are in comparison to the others. That one could be made pretty nicely if you put some thought into it. But i agree on the names over the cars. The lines are HORRIBLE. On my PC the names above the LONG LONG LONG lines are OUTSIDE MY MONITOR!!! :D I cant see the names, lol.

8. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

+1. Always been annoying since it came out.

LokiD likes this.
  9. Louis

Louis Registered

Thw sad thing is that i understand correctly this time lol. I was adding an idea to that one someone gave about a colored circle with position number only

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

In case you didn't know, it is possible to edit HUD in Dev mode, I have mine edited. It is a bit of work though.

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Please enlighten me? :)

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Wish they'd make it like once you have everything in place you could make objects a group (like the part with gears, rpm a group, the timers another group) so when resized or moved they'd all move together.
    I once tried to edit a HUD with leds and damn.... it forces you to move led by led, info by info. It takes ages for no reason :(

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

It is not easy and involves a lot of adjustments using keyboard, mouse, and text editing. But, I am confident what @jefcam asks for is possible, it will require changing the texture. My personal notes (Marcel said this on Discord):

"
    Copy the 397HUD.mas from your Core\HUD folder to ModDev\HUD

Then open that mas file with the MAS tool and only extract the 397HUD.ini file and also put that in ModDev\HUD

that should be enough to make that HUD show up in dev mode

if you edit it, the ini file can be saved with the updates

if you need to change textures, you need to change those by adding them to that mas file
    "

And, prepare a lot of patience, it is royal p*ta.

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

You can achieve similar by editing that HUD text file in a text editor, bulk replace of some Y or X corrdinate, but again real pain, maybe one day it'll be like in iRacing, ie drag and drop.

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah I've always wanted a HUD just with the Delta Time and nothing else, was a little learning curve and after a few trial & error runs I managed to get it working perfectly.

17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Can someone share something like this with the rest of us mortals?

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I had planned too but ran out of time when learning how to add an Icon and then upload to Steam Workshop, I'll get around to it soon. (If you know how to add an Icon please PM me as mine just never worked!)

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Sounds like a total ball ache.

Hope fully the new ui will enable a custom hud

Ho3n3r and 2ndLastJedi like this.