Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

hi guys, is there a way to see driver labels in VR?

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

No. For some reason they're not implemented.

ayrtonforever likes this.
  3. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I didn't notice this wasn't implemented....if it was they'd probably be 500 feet in the air :D

Sean_S36 likes this.
  4. elbo

elbo Registered

I have really bad stuttering in the showroom...is there a fix for this (oculus with OC)?

JimmyT likes this.
  5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

6. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

me too

Sean_S36 likes this.
  7. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

No stuttering in the showroom for me but right side of the car isn't displaying as it should.
    Out of curiosity do you guys getting the stuttering use oculus tray tool?
    Reason I ask is when I first started in VR I had that installed and I had some stuttering, I removed it and no longer get any stuttering.
    Think I removed it to lower the amount of programs trying to run VR oculus software + steamVR + tray tool

8. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

i have not oculus tray installed

GrimDad likes this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

When you go on the track and change the driver with the + or - sign, it works perfectly on the monitor, but at the oculus it does not work, if the number of vehicles (are even) there is a solution?

10. elbo

elbo Registered

not using oculus tray, only oculus and OC...stuttering tuning menu

GrimDad likes this.
  11. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

No tray tool running here, stopped using it some time ago. Still have the stutter in the showroom for me.

GrimDad likes this.
  12. Ppj Duin

Ppj Duin Registered

I tried to search the forum for a solution but didn't find anything relevant on my problem..

My hud/lcd/messages and every other overlay is doubled, I need to close one eye if I want to read anything from it.. The rest of the scene is rendered perfectly without any problem, cars, lines, sky's it all looks good and sharp..
    But the hud seems to be rendered on a offset between left and right (any hud, tried stock and from workshop)

I tried about everything I could find what might be remotely related but so far nothing worked.

I know my specs are way under the recommended, i5 3570, gtx 760 2gb and running a dk2. I use the ott and older runtime for daily use, but it's all the same when I use home 2.0 and/or steamvr. Though I don't really think hardware is the problem since it runs absolutely great at 75 fps with about everything on low(ish).

Does anyone had this problem before? If someone has an idea about what's wrong please let me know!

13. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

It's a problem with the 760 and oculus, you'll see the same thing in oculus home.

Apparently will be fixed in the next oculus update.

Cheers.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Vive or Oculus? Cant afford PRO version, but resolution and Hz seems to be the same on normal Vive and Oculus. Seeing that i can afford it soon... Vive cost ~150€ more but with the same resolution so what do you get for those 150 bucks?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    sherpa25 likes this.
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Alex, just wanted to warn you that Oculus shows game promotions in both desktop and HMD, with no option to turn that off (aside from using old software, which probably won't work forever). AFAIK it is optional in Vive (at least in Steam VR you can opt out of "Home"). So, one thing to consider is how much lack of control over that bothers you :) If I had a choice to pay slightly more and never seeing promotions, I would've paid.

Device itself CV1 is a bit lighter than Vive and is pretty polished device, but I did not experience Vive to compare.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Alex72 likes this.
  16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Vive and Rift essentially the same, Vive Pro version may drop in price as they recently announced the Vive Pro Eye.

Above all if you've never tried VR before find somewhere closer to you where you can try it, hopefully they'll have a couple of different makes so you can see and feel the difference.

Alex72 likes this.
  17. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Wait, there is promo's/ad's when playing?! I would find and beat the shit out of whoever designed that if i paid for something and be forced to watch ads. :D

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Not while playing. Every time you put HMD on. There's dashboard in HMD that shows game ads _and_ there's desktop app with game ads. It is not intrusive, but I never seen anything like this from competitors. Steam, Steam VR, Battle.net, Windows all allow opt out. Oculus behaves like they are above all, I am really displeased. Exactly my point, device _was not_ free. Recently, I bought Kindle it came with ads, I opted out, and Amazon charged me (turns out device was special promo). Unpleasant, but fair - pay less - enjoy ads. (funny enough the refunded me to avoid bad review, cause I wasn't aware of the trick. Still, I think that was fair) But with Oculus... Good device, but their software and policy, is unacceptable to me personally. So just keep it in mind buddy.

I remember neighbor of mine bought WMR instead of Oculus, I asked him surprised, "why not Oculus?". He told me, "it's Facebook". At time I didn't believe him, but now it is obvious to me how right he was. They are building one more ad platform.

Narrowbackwing and Alex72 like this.
  19. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Hey Wolf! ;)
    I've only ever gotten a dashboard that's basically Oculus version of the steam store front on my Rift when I use it. Unless I'm using it differently to everyone else. I've never had an advert when I put the HMD on. :confused:

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hi BT6 :) The difference between Steam store and Oculus store is that Steam store has setting to disable game promotions. So when Steam VR starts, all I see is empty plain, but when Oculus starts I am greeted with game promos. Again, it is not a big deal, but in my opinion the fact that competitors give user control, and Oculus does not, is not acceptable to me. Device was not free, I do not want "free software" behavior.