BOP AI GT3 packs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bhendrik, Jan 12, 2019.

1. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Let’s start by saying RF2 is my first choice of sim. I mainly drive against the ai because for one, i think the ai is very good. Secondly, i work fulltime so i have limited time to start up my PC and enjoy a couple of hours of endurance racing against the ai. You can see a problem here, limited time and fan of endurance racing.

I really like the DLC’s studio 397 has released lately, the GTE and the 2 GT3 packs. Although i think that the BOP of the cars when driving them yourself is very good, there is a problem when you let the ai drive rhe different cars.

I create virual drives and the set the talent files (rcd). So if the cars were evenly balanced in example the GT3 packs, setting the speeds and minimal speed settings to let’s say 90 and 85 for each different car should let to the same laptimes, there or about.

With other mods ( like the apex gt3 mod) you can balance the ai strenght per car. So you can set the Porsche ai strenght to 95 and the other cars to 100 for that circuit if the Porsche ai is a bit faster around the lap then the other cars. That’s quite handy ans saves a lot of time because you don’t have to fiddle with the talent files for an hour to balance the cars against each other on that circuit.

Like i said, that option has dissapeard in the DLC’s from Studio 397. There is still a possibility to BOP the ai cars by setting the talent files (rcd). But is vere, very time consuming to get it right.

There is another problem with that also. The Bentley for example is easiest the slowest of the cars on any circuit even with the talent files maxed out to 100 voor speed and minimal speed. Although it differents somewhat from track to track, here are the speed settings for each GT3 car of the two packs wich i use, and still the Bentley is a second of per lap

Speed and minimal speed
    Bentley. 100
    Callaway Corvette. 65
    Mercedes. 90
    Mc Laren 650. 93
    Radical. 50
    BMW. 89
    Porsche. 88
    Audi. 90
    Mc Laren 720. 81
    Aston Martin. 66

So hugh differences in speed setting and still the Bentley is to slow. I normaly drive with an overall setting of 100 or there about in the overall ai strenght.

So please @studio397, can you give us a possibility to BOP the cars ai strenght per manufacturer/ cartype back? I guess the reason why is has dissapeared has something to do with online machtmaking or something but for the single player community it is an immersion killer, not much fun, and very time consuming.

Is there a way to get solve this ( ofline and online version) for your DLC’s? And if you take a look af this, can you please chrck the ai stability when going a bit off the racing line as well. Although the ai behavior from the DLC’s is quite good, it’s all over when they go a bit off the racing line, getting on curbs, braking off the ideal racing line etc. The backside of the ai cars gets unstable and they are spinning out far to much. Mainly the Porsche (GTE and GT3) the Audi, but other cars as well. Looks like they can use some torque stability ( i think it was called in RF1). It can be done. The URD Detroit and Apex GT3 cars do not have this problem. Hmmmm could be tyregrip also, now i’m thinking of this beacause from my understanding they din’t use the new tyres yet.

Would like to know other opinions for these findings as well. It’s not to critic the developers but to make a great sim even better.

2. gunner1483

gunner1483 Registered

Lower this value in the player.json file. Ferrari, Porsche and the Lambo will have more grip.
    "AI Corner_Grip Usage":0.98,

3. gunner1483

gunner1483 Registered

btw: Do anybody know why the ai is slower at night than during the day?

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@bhendrik
    Yes, the Bentley is too slow, you need to decrease the speed for the rest even further.
    I always do races with 30-40 virtual drivers so within the same manufacturer I use a range of different speed values to have a nice mixed field. This is what I'm using and it's working pretty well. I've used those values for months with the original GT3 pack so I've tested it in many many tracks and just recently added the challengers with good results.

Speed value range
    Mercedes - 37 - 66
    Bentley - 76 - 93
    Callaway - 22 - 41
    McL 650S - 37 - 63
    Audi - 39 - 63
    BMW - 36 - 52
    Porsche - 36 - 55
    McL 720S - 36 - 57
    Aston M - 35 - 49

Hope this helps.
    I do agree with the AI sometimes being wonky even if the racing line is well done. I've seen it especially with the Merc.

bhendrik likes this.
  5. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

I asked that wuestion 3 years ago with no definite answer. Think it is a build in thing from the game. But we can’t change that. Searched the whole json file already. Workaround: set ai strenth just above yours, can’t keep up eith the fastest ones during daytine, but i can catch them during the night. That wiil even it out

6. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Agree, only problem is thar i do endurance races for let’s say six hours. Drive two stints myself and then i let the ai take over for two hours. My co ai driver has a set strenght. So... the ai get wonky, when esspecialy when you set the strenth to high and their speeds in the rcd files to above 85. The unstable GT3 cars, the Porsche, the Audi end the Merc, will drift out of fast corners, hitting the grass or a high curb or slamming into a concrete wall. Your co-ai-driver wiil do the same if you drive one of this unstable cars. That’s why i don’t drive these cars in an endurance race with an ai-co-driver.

Thanks for your ai settings per car. These settings are even lower then mine . So if you want the ai to be compettative (as fast as you) you will have to raise the overalk ai strenght to above 100

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Yes of course. AI strength is track dependent anyways because of a number of factors so I don't set the same strength for all tracks. I do practice runs first to determine what's the best AI strength for each track. Virtual drivers with these settings will overall be slower than the base content but the important part for me is that I no longer have one manufacturer always dominating or at the end of the pack