[REL] Studio Showrooms

Discussion in 'Other' started by FuNK!, Jul 13, 2018.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Is it a value to change in the spinner.gen ?
    Because the cars are centred I think in the middle of their wheelbase.

2. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I believe it's one of the values in the .cam file. Cam target or something like that.

TK

3. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Here is an merged screenshot of the showroom (you see the LMP3 Nissan merged over the McLaren 720S):
    [​IMG]
    There is a slight shift to the right and back. You can also see the shift to the back in the side view (made no merged shot because the Endurance cars have too low LODout settings and you only see half of the car).
    But if the cars are really in the center (haven't checked that yet), there must be something else influencing the placement. Maybe you, @Slamfunk3, are right but it's kinda strange if a CAM file is loaded for the spinner because the spinner has its own camera setup :confused: At least this could still be the answer why also the good old Meganes are not placed in the center of the Showroom ;)

I found that the Flat6 GT3 doesn't have this issue, so @MaD_King maybe you can make out any difference in the CAM files or such?

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

This will be fixed soon normally.

I will check to find the possible root cause.

FuNK! likes this.
  5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you so much!

6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I don't have that much time to refine and finish the update of my studio showroom yet. BUT I decided to share it with those interested to test drive and challenge it, so I can include that feedback into the final version. Please note this showroom might not work properly without the PP effects, and it does only include the white free-360° version and fixed side version.

Download

philmcqueen, TJones, MaD_King and 3 others like this.
  7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Some quick tests, seems there is an issue with the shadow :
    GRAB_017.JPG GRAB_018.JPG GRAB_019.JPG GRAB_020.JPG

8. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

It might be car related, I don't see a problem? Did you try an another car?
    rFactor2_2019_02_09_18_00_31_257.jpg

@FuNK! Thanks a lot, that's a great showroom! Thanks for your time and sharing! :)

MaD_King likes this.
  9. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, many thanks for this @FuNK! just what I`ve been looking for. :)

10. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Thanks for your work! For the side view, it would be cool to have no shadow, as this is not often shown in spotter guides. It would simplify my workflow if you could do this.

11. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

So if i understood, on the new version there is 3/4 front default view?

12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Yes, that is related to the setup in the showroom.gen. But if I'm not mistaken, in this case the Flat6 also has these "incomplete" shadows in game too. But it's easy to fix if you add other shadow objects or build a simplified shadow GMT mesh for the car (other mods and also official content do have that).

I will have a look if I can do something about that (maybe a version without the floor) ;)
    However, if you set your screenshot type to PNG the screenshot has an alpha that almost removes all that is not the car. You could use that alpha partly to remove the shadows.
    This is the original PNG sample (note the missing/transparent background):
    [​IMG]
    This is the same PNG but with alpha painted white:
    [​IMG]
    This is the same PNG but a custom alpha applied that removes the shadow on the bottom (I added small copies of the original and modified alpha):
    [​IMG]

Two versions are included in that 0.2, one is the front-left-360°-zoom version (you can turn the car infinite and zoom in and out a lot while starting perspective is from front-left of the car), maybe you describe this as 3/4 view!?
    [​IMG]
    and the second version which is the fixed left side view version, that has a bit of zoom to remove errors in the rendering, and the FOV is set up that the car appears almost without perspective.
    [​IMG]

Hocician and philmcqueen like this.
  13. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

thanks will check it out

14. RoWo

RoWo Member

@FuNK! I really like your work and I use the FIXED VERSION for our spotterguide and car icon. But there is a problem with this FIXED VERSION. When I switch to another car, the setting get lost and I get an rotating car with this fov/angle:

20190302112911_1.jpg

And now I realized, that than all other showrooms also are "infected".
    After restarting rF everything is fine.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  15. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

@RoWo that's interesting! I tried to reproduce that, but for me the fixed view remains the same all the times I switch between cars - no matter if same car but different skin or completely different car.

Anyway, it's now solved for you? If not, please write down the exact steps you made so I can try to reproduce that. Thanks!

16. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It reset me the position when I make reload (to reload the car/skin). That is the normal behaviour of the movable Showrooms if I remember well.

17. Alastar

Alastar Registered

There seems to be a lot of stuff in "studio showrooms" that doesn't do anything. So I'm working on a simplified version of the "studio showrooms". So far I've removed the sky, renamed the SHWFLOOR to Room, and simplified the code. The version I'm working on that has been packed can be downloaded from:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ru0d3g28be3pzp/Studio_One.rfcmp?dl=0

Partly packed version for DEV MODE:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y079ocwjkn6ld6a/Studio_One.mas?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n2qiesps8dxqap/Studio_One.ini?dl=0

I'm getting the artifact in the second snapshot below in my version of the showroom. The artifact probably is a second shadow. However, it shouldn't be there because I've removed all of the lights from the SCN file. Weirdly, commenting out the pair of curly brackets in the Room instance in the SCN file fixes it. That is:

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instance=Room
    //{
    MeshFile=room.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
    //}

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Mauro and Corti like this.
  18. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I think i can remember, that chris (redapg), a long time ago, posted some strange lighting behaviour of cones on track too, when they were set as moveable=false, depending on the collidable setting.
    When compare the interieur of the car, with your screenshots, you can see that the whole lighting changes.
    In the showroom, you don't need any moveable= tags anymore, as it seems.
    It seems to be hardcoded, that everything is movable by default.
    So simply don't use the moveable= tags and use the brackets only.

19. Alastar

Alastar Registered

I've tried my showroom without the Moveable= tag and it doesn't affect the artifact in the shadow.

Another strange thing happens when the Moveable= tag is set to true. It looks like this option turns off some of the default lighting.

20. Bernd

Bernd Registered