My NEW RTX 2070

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by M D Gourley, Nov 15, 2018.

1. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Yes, that does sound very exciting, 'AMD Radeon VII'...:)...I will have to read some reviews on the AMD card....but I am more than happy with my Asus ROG Strix 2070.

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@M D Gourley your gpu is very good no need to upgrade
    can can even go triple screen setup
    or 1440 resolution

M D Gourley likes this.
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

I had no intension of upgrading and I already have a Triple Screen set up ( see a photo of my rig below):)....but I like to keep myself informed of new tech. SIM RIG 2x TSS with SCREENSHOT Raceroom.jpg
    ...To many shifters you think...No Way...LOL
    I drive right hand drive cars in my country, so the 2 left shifters are 1x Handbrake (TSS), 1x H-Pattern (TH8A)...this configuration is the most natural for me to drive in and absolutely perfect for 'Dirt Rally' when driving manual H-Pattern and using the Handbrake as I use my left arm / hand for shifting those shifters.:D
    The right side shifters are 1x Sequential (TH8A) and also 1x Sequential (TSS)...the TH8A is plugged directly into the TS XW wheel base so when I set up 'Shift Up' and 'Shift Down' in game I can use either Paddles or Sequential when driving. The TSS Sequential Shifter is USB connected and I use for most GT3 type cars and Left Hand drive cars ( which is most cars in Sims...LOL) when I have to re-map the Shift Up and Down.
    What is fantastic about rFactor 2 is that I can map the 'Shift Up' and 'Shift Down' with the Paddles and TH8A and there is also and additional Shift Up and Shift Up function that can be mapped so I can map my TSS Sequential shifter as well...so effectively allowing me to use Paddles, TH8A and TSS Sequential Shifters all at once....rF2 is the only Sim I have found so far that allows this...Brilliant.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

You will probably be able to run full smoothness at around max graphics. The only i notice on triple screen that can give me a little drops under 60FPS is (if everyting is at max to begin with) if post processing is on "ultra". I have it dialed back to medium when i drive and i cant really see any difference, but for screenshots it can be nice to put it to max. But all on max except post processing which is on medium then i have 60FPS solid when driving and in replays - even when looking at a full grid of cars. So my bet is you will be able to run decently high settings and get your 90(?)FPS for smooth racing.

M D Gourley likes this.
  5. Comante

Comante Registered

Is this Kintaro's cockpit? :D

6. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

errro_O...sorry, I do not know what you mean by this:)...old guy here:D

7. Comante

Comante Registered

There are too many handbrakes and shifters there. :D ... like if you have 4 arms

Marius Nicolae and Alex72 like this.
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Im a bit jealous of that. No matter if he drives right side cars or left side cars he is set! :) I have to move my stuff, but luckily i can relatively easily hehe.

atomed likes this.
  9. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

LOL...not to many shifters at all:D...just the right amount...
    I drive right hand drive cars in my country, so the 2 left shifters are 1x Handbrake (TSS), 1x H-Pattern (TH8A)...this configuration is the most natural for me to drive in and absolutely perfect for 'Dirt Rally' when driving manual H-Pattern and using the Handbrake as I use my left arm / hand for shifting those shifters.:D
    The right side shifters are 1x Sequential (TH8A) and also 1x Sequential (TSS)...the TH8A is plugged directly into the TS XW wheel base so when I set up 'Shift Up' and 'Shift Down' in game I can use either Paddles or Sequential when driving. The TSS Sequential Shifter is USB connected and I use for most GT3 type cars and Left Hand drive cars ( which is most cars in Sims...LOL) when I have to re-map the Shift Up and Down.
    What is fantastic about rFactor 2 is that I can map the 'Shift Up' and 'Shift Down' with the Paddles and TH8A and there is also and additional Shift Up and Shift Up function that can be mapped so I can map my TSS Sequential shifter as well...so effectively allowing me to use Paddles, TH8A and TSS Sequential Shifters all at once....rF2 is the only Sim I have found so far that allows this...Brilliant.
    You can use Software such as 'JoyToKey' if you want to map multiple shifters such as Sequential to 2 keyboard buttons....this is great for Sim Bins RACE 07 and Automobilista:D...but did not work in Assetto Corsa.

Levelup1 and Alex72 like this.
  10. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

LOL...don't be jealous, I have built this rig up over 8-10 years, saving money and purchasing new hardware when I can afford it:D

atomed likes this.
  11. Marius Nicolae

Marius Nicolae Registered

Who knows, he may have 4 arms :)))) . Good job M D

M D Gourley likes this.
  12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Your ECCI pedals are going to last a lifetime. My ECCI pedals are from 2007 and are still working as a dream :)

M D Gourley likes this.
  13. Draxxia

Draxxia Registered

I appreciate that I am very late to the party but I am just setting up my first sim racing rig and this issue is very relevant to me.
    My current monitor is a very nice 31.5inch/2560x1440/144hz MSI curved screen powered by a vanilla MSI RTX 2070/i7 8700K but I would like to have a screen set up that offers more peripheral vision.
    In a perfect world I would like to get 2 more identical MSI screens but I very much doubt the RTX 2070 would be sufficient for the resultant 7680x1440 resolution.
    Next option is would be a 49 inch super-wide screen Samsung (either 5120x1440 or 3840x1080).........would the RTX 2070 cope at a decent frame rate?
    Final option would be to get three 27 or 28 inch monitors running at 1920x1080 (hopefully at 100hz+)..........again, would the RTX 2070 cope?
    All these options involve quite a bit of expense and so would much appreciate the views of those who have 'been there & done that' before I take the plunge and waste a big pile of my hard earned £'s.
    Thanks very much :)

14. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I've just started working again so I'm now saving to update my potato, what Res are you running?