[REL] Next Gen Mod Team - BTCC NGTC Touring

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by WSVR, Sep 25, 2014.

1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Could you explain the window alpha bit again? We've created two shaders/gmt's for windows (windows=out, windshieldin=in) and the two alphas need to be different, as an outside alpha won't work for inside.
    2) Headlight glass are something we're working on, and sometimes are not the same as the window gmt/shader.
    3) We're not going to apply a new texture to it, mainly because that's a ton of work and don't feel the merc chrome looks bad. Sizing wise it looks right to us, it's quite a chunky piece.
    4) We can fix the steering wheel in the showroom.

We've got a list of stuff we feel needs improving/updating. Why we released as 0.95, not the perfect 1.0 we would like :)

2. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

1) It's not related to the gmt or shader. You can assign different alpha sorting numbers to a material that are supposed to sort them for rendering (did this with the ISI Civic in a private project and know it works). Here is a screenshot from the Focus where the sorting issue is clearly visible:
    [​IMG]
    In 3DSimED for example, you can enter the alpha sorting for each material in the material editing pane (very much at the bottom of the material setup list). If I'm not mistaken you should set 7 for the inside and 8 for the outside window material to solve that. However, in case my description is too generic and you cannot solve it by that, I could have a look again and send you a detailed description of a material setup that works.

2) Yeah, can understand this. Your mod is a big project. Maybe before 1.0 release you find the time to go through all models and apply/copy the same material settings and prepare the textures accordingly.

3) Maybe you are right regarding the texture. I compared some photos with the model again and think it's not really a texture issue. But still I think the mesh of the chrome is a bit too thick compared to the original. The star looks "hair-thin" or "filigree" in real, while it does look a bit thick and plump on the model. Here is a screenshot aside of a photo (tried to find at least the same grill model, don't know if that's the right car model):
    [​IMG]

4) Cool! ;)

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

1) I see, I know the issue. I put the windshieldin.gmt in the gen file and forgot to remove when experimenting.
    2) Yeah, we plan to do this :)
    3) I think it's basically we mapped the chrome to be fully chrome, but the BTCC Merc is half black towards the back? We'll see what we can do, thanks for the spot. I'm sad you haven't commented on how perfect all the new chrome looks </3
    4) Sick.

Merci for the feedback (Y)

4. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Quick go last night in VR. Super mod !

Think I mentioned it last update but the mirrors don't adjust which is a huge deal for VR. The default position is way out to the sides and unusable.
    Any chance of updating this?

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  5. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Thanks Matt, we'll look into this for 1.0. I personally don't have VR, but we do have testers that do.

6. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

For your mirrors to be adjustable, they need to be separated in individual files and the naming convention as follows............

xyz_lmirror_in.gmt - left
    xyz_cmirror_in.gmt - centre
    xyz_rmirror_in.gmt - right

where xyz is your prefix for car, for example

787B_lmirror_in.gmt
    787B_rmirror_in.gmt

hope this helps;)

7. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

3) Yes, that could be it. Guess the black grill parts are placed a little more forward so the grill doesn't look that deep in the end. And sorry for the chrome, I'm not the chrome fan :D but yeah, you did a splendid job on that! :cool:

Something else I noted today:
    The inside window textures do look a bit edgy in the MG and maybe others. Would love to see some higher res textures there :oops:
    Just for fun I've enabled the transparent trainer again for some hotlapping, and the trainer for the MG is rendered with the rain exclusion box in closer distances:
    [​IMG]

Like I said before, I personally love touring cars and I really love yours. If constructive feedback is welcome and helps, I'm glad to give it. Also if any quick 3D or 2D stuff can help, I'm glad to support you that way too!:cool:

Hazi likes this.
  8. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Think worked out the MG issue. Does it happen to any other cars?

9. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Tried all and only found the MG ;)

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  10. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

@StrawmanAndy any chance you could take screenshots of the templates opened in PS for me? Would be great if the layers and (if applicable) any layer effects are visible). I opened the templates with the GIMP and think that there are some settings that were not imported. To translate the templates correctly this additional information would be very helpful. Thanks!

11. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

[​IMG]

There's so many templates, but this is an example one. Let me know which ones you're having issues with and I look at them

12. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

51626524_2396724657068286_5424696758892494848_o.jpg

Yesterday we hit 10,000 subscribers on Steam! Thanks to everyone who has subscribed and helped us, we hope you're all enjoying the cars. We're still working on updates, improvements and also other cars (like the F4 and G40). Be sure to like our page (https://www.facebook.com/nextgenmodteam/) and if anyone would like to donate, feel free by using our "Donate" button on the page. All funds go to the late night coffees and endless sugar we eat.

Emery, Slamfunk3, Jack7793 and 11 others like this.
  13. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

You really deserve it, great mod, and improving all the time...

PirroC, Hocician and StrawmanAndy like this.
  14. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for your great job !
    Very fun to drive :).

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  15. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

DrivingFast and johnsclander like this.
  16. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Weird. I guess it's good, but I asked years ago (when it first came out) if I could take the BMW and make it competitive against the BTCC Honda Civic. They said no. Turns out NGMT accepted me, look at us now :)

PirroC and Brack Jabham like this.
  17. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Anyone looking for a race series in these is welcome to join us at SiG Racing
    Test race Friday 1st Practice starts 8pm GMT Quali 8:30 race start 9. Three races each Friday with grids based on finishing order and reverse finishing order to mix things up a bit.

Details and registration below
    http://sig-racing.boards.net/

18. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

can some one tell me where v 1.3 comes from ?
    upload_2019-2-24_7-54-18.png

19. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Currently not available under NGMT, but will be updated and released under a different team.

20. WSVR

WSVR Registered

The Next Gen Mod Team find with deep regret that our work has shamelessly been ripped and stolen by another modder with intent to convert to Assetto Corsa.

NGMT received a number of requests, offers, threats, promises of links to real BTCC teams and drivers made via various NGMT team members by Shaun Clarke, which we as a team decided not to pursue due to prior history. Sadly, it appears he has gone ahead and found way to rip the work despite great support and efforts from S397 to lock and protect the files we share we with rf2 community.

Clearly we do not condone this behaviour which is disrespectful, illegal and a sad reflection of a minor element of the sim racing community who do not care about the hard work content creators put in for free for the good of the community.

NGTM will reflect on this as we decide our next steps. We hope the sim racing community at large supports this view as well trust Mr Clarke will do the right thing and respect the original content this team has spent countless hours creating which he does not have permission to share.
    [​IMG]

GeraArg and Jeferson Richart like this.