Aston Martin Vantage GT3, it's here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jan 11, 2019.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For those who were not paying attention to the GT3 Challenger thread, I thought I'd post this announcement separately. The 5th car of the GT3 Challenger pak has finally arrived, Included with that car is a fix for the McLaren 720S getting a white cockpit when a Bentley shows up.

M D Gourley, Sean_S36 and Alex72 like this.
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

3. Walker8

Walker8 Registered

It looks like it was made by a different team compared to the 720s.

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

yes like reporting on another forum when you look closer it is still approximate...:confused:
    it's very disappointing when compared to the McLaren 720s which is perfect!
    I really hope it will be reworked to current quality standards. I know that S397 has been working hard for us for more than two years, but for paid content it is not possible to leave this car in this condition.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

I presume it come with the official racing liveries? and mirrors pointing in the right direction?

6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Several GT3's come with 1 livery so i wouldnt Count on it. Maybe they only get green light to do the main livery?

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Guys read here its from GT3 new cars road map: https://www.studio-397.com/2018/12/gt3-challenge-pack/

Final Notes
    These cars are built with our new graphic technology, based on PBR lighting. We are converting more of our older content and yes, we are bringing more liveries to you shortly!

For painters, we are finalising the templates and the technology behind it, trust us, it will be a game changer for you! In the meantime, please read more on our December Roadmap here https://www.studio-397.com/2018/12/roadmap-update-december-2018/

Remember, any questions, please visit our forum here https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php or visit us for direct chat on Discord https://discord.gg/CruX93K

8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We use very accurate data to model, and that is what we go by. Don't just take what someone says as true just because they say it ;)
    If we do find any bugs we do and will fix them.

Alex72, lagg, roby13 and 6 others like this.
  9. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

when new cars are tested in game, does the person doing it try using cockpit view? if they do, do they never look in the mirrors? it is the biggest PITA to adjust the mirrors in VR every time you get in a new car because, you cannot see the keyboard! every other game manages to have the mirrors facing the right way. (even the rear facing camera in some cars in rf2 isn't actualy pointing backwards):(

RaceNut and GrimDad like this.
  10. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

It's something we need to address, and we will, it is on our list.

11. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

thanks for the quick response Christopher, glad to hear you are gonna look into it (no pun intended)

RaceNut and GrimDad like this.
  12. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

thanks Christopher, you jobs keeps going ever better every time you release DLC. do you also plan to change the way the mirrors work? right now they are not real mirrors but like cameras that always provide the same viewing angle. instead it would be much more immersive if they behaved like real mirrors, changing the reflected image when the player using the VR moves his head :)

GrimDad likes this.
  13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thats just a setting in the player.json right?

14. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

I did not know! in my file the value is set to 3, which means that the mirror should adapt to both the movement of the head and the change of the FOV. however, the image is still fixed

15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

On your list it should be a basic priority for the mirrors to be correct, I’m a supporter of your work but come on mirrors on list ???
    If you need me to check mirrors of every realeased content I will it only takes 2 seconds

16. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Strange. I thought this setting would fix it.

17. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

the only big defect visible is the rear side with the fuel trap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm not looking to pole-mark it's not in my nature, I'm the first to defend s397 for their work, some details like the sharp edges depend on the position and brightness sometimes visible and sometimes not for me it's okay for others, no, it's their problem.

the characteristic sound of the turbo relief valves is also absent on the outside (le son caractéristique des soupapes de décharge du turbo sont absente en extérieur) sorry for my bad english :confused:

@05s @16s @26s

Apart from that I have nothing to say I love driving it remains the main thing a pure pleasure to drive but as they say "the devil hides in the details" ;)

18. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

something that I think is missing (but only to be perfectionists) are the sounds of backfire, from inside and outside. I hope they are added as a further step towards perfection :)

Alex72 likes this.
  19. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

The rF2 version has the fuel filler on the left side of the car.

20. filippu

filippu Registered

Well, if it's the best model you could come up with with accurate data, you really should go after a new freelancer, because that and the Mercedes are really poor, far away from the asking price of your DLC.

VirusGR42 likes this.