AccuForce Pro V2 with rfactor2.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 9, 2019.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi
    I’m thinking to finally upgrade my TS-PC Thrustmaster to a DD steering wheel. It will cost me some money because of the shipping cost and taxes....
    Is the AccuForce V2 a big upgrade over the TS-PC? How does it work with rfactor2? I don’t care about the other sims, because for me rfactor2 is by far the best sim out there.
    I have already the Simcommander that I use with SimVibe. How is the FFB with this DD steering wheel in rfactor2? Had you have any issues with it?
    Thanks

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I have run an accuforce for 18 months with RF2. I have had zero problems with the wheel. I went from G27 to accuforce and the difference is night and day. Did not necessarily make me faster but enjoyment immersion factor just awesome for me. There is quite a learning curve to the Simcommander software but well worth the time spent after getting things set up. There is plenty of help at simXperience as well as the game forums. For me the accuforce actually brings out that Automobilista is every bit as good if not better than RF2.

vegaguy5555, Alex72 and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  3. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The AccuForce is an excellent choice as the next step in a steering system. I have been using one since they became available and there is no more versatile DD-wheel option where adaptability to various games is concerned imo. I also own a SimuCube-OSW but, have become frustrated with the lack of tuning options that would allow for more detail like the AccuForce offers with SimCommander (SC4). SC4 also has an Auto-tune feature that makes it very easy to use if you don't want to dig into the various settings or utilize specific telemetry-based FFB effects.

If I had to choose just one of these systems right now, I would actually go with the AccuForce - even though, the OSW has a much lauded and more robust servo-motor, my choice is due to SimCommander. If Granite Devices would have taken SimXperience up on their offer to support SimuCube, I would likely recommend that system but, SC4 is enough of a game-changer to make the difference for me and the AccuForce hardware has more than enough power to suit most people. If SimX ever offers an upgraded DD-motor option, that would be my first choice.

4. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Wait what?
    That would have been the best thing ever!
    Granite Devices should really think this over, no idea why they would decline such an offer.

Narrowbackwing likes this.
  5. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

It's beyond me too but, perhaps they have concerns over copyrights or something like that. It would likely involve sharing of some guarded information but, it seems SimX was more than willing and at no cost to GD. SC4 even has a mode for "Generic DD-Wheel" support that is "experimental".

6. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Interesting, I have to do some research on that.

7. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The hardware requires having specific firmware so it has to be enabled by SimX.

8. Joe

Joe Registered

Did you buy it yet? I have the V1 version. Like everyone said, I love their SW. I dont know what is a diff between V2 and V1.
    Why they sell V2 at $1100? I recalled I paid V1 for about $1800, though. Imo, the Accuforce wheel works very well with rF2. I feel the best with rF2, far better than on other sims I had tried. I have a video on FFB (rF2 vs AC) on youtube.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  9. kimbo

kimbo Registered

AMS is fantastic with any steering wheel, pure perfection

Alex72 likes this.
  10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes, I already ordered it..., waiting for delivery. Thanks
    OT: I have already a Simcommander license( 5 years already with SimVibe) and I will have a new license with the Accuforce V2.... can I sell my new second license?

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have it at 990$.

12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

You’ll love the Accuforce. I have one and it’s great.

It does expose a few things that certain titles do which may change your opinion of ffb models though. I’ll let you come to your own conclusions but sims inloved with my T500 I don’t love as much with the AF.

13. Joe

Joe Registered

:mad::(
    Then I would not buy the GS-5 seat until V2!
    Hope the same,:) V2 gs5 sale at half price.

14. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I am very jealous of you guys. Cant wait til i can get an AccuForce as well. Its been one of those wheels i looked at for so long, and i need to have it, eventually.

How much of a step up is it in feel, detail and strength compared to a T300RS for example? Night and day? Cant compare? :)

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Thanks
    For me matters only rfactor2 . Can you share your SC4 and in game setting please?

16. Joe

Joe Registered

I did not have the t300rs. I had earier Fanatec porsche gt wheel, I bought the accuforce v1 DD wheel at first batch pre-order. It is night and day diff to me. The SW is superior that has option letting you add bumps and road impacts into...
    The ffb feel 3D impact too me. I could not believe it is only single motor.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    vegaguy5555 and Alex72 like this.
  17. Skylar_Schutz

Skylar_Schutz Registered

I'm using AF v1. VR oculus Rift.

I have an issue where my physical wheel is not showing 1:1 animation on the VR screen. It's very frustrating.. Anyone had a solution?

18. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

What are your settings in your custom controller json related to per-car rotation? If those are set correctly, you should have both the visual and physical steering-wheels matching but, I had to set the rotation to 1440 degrees in order to work.

19. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

My current AF settings:

-change the following lines in controller.json file from rfactor2/userdata/player/
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default":900,
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default#":"Default maximum wheel range to use when not read from driver, from 40 to 1440 degrees",
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver":true,
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver#":"Whether to read the steering wheel rotation from the wheel driver, if possible",

-use the accuforce profile in game to create a new profile. open your new profile in rfactor2/userdata/controller/..... and change the following line:
    "Steering resistance coefficient":0.01,

The steering resistance lightens up the dampening. By default it is 0.1 which is too much in my opinion. Everything else is good.

SC4 Settings:
    Mode: High
    Game FFB = 70-80%
    Game FFB Smoothing = 21%
    Accuforce Fluid Damepneing = 0.39%

In game:
    Smoothing filter 4 or 5 depending upon car
    90-100% ffb strength

Eric Rowland and lynx75 like this.
  20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Thanks.
    So you don’t any friction in SC4 to eliminate the dead zone ?

lynx75 likes this.