Hybrids

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by James Mathai, Jan 9, 2019.

1. James Mathai

James Mathai Registered

I love rFactor 2, but I am frustrated that the best sim out there isn't able to accurately model an F1 car from later than 2012. The Marussia is now seven years old. It would also be awesome to see the awesome hybrid LMP1s from a few years back. That would be biggest wish for rFactor 2 at the moment.

Paweł Andrzejewski and Ho3n3r like this.
  2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

maybe because hybrid isnt a priprity anymore
    Marcel said that LMP1 is dieing rapidly and they will dont licence these cars :(
    we can go and cry together and come back later :)

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

The fastest race cars on the planet are equipped with hybrid systems and it'll remain like this for yeeeears...
    I don't see Kobayashis qualification record round Le Mans disappearing anytime soon, specially not with the new regs coming...
    Same counts for F1... How can you dismiss a whole era of pinnacle motorsport?! It equals to saying "NO! we will not make a turbo code for our game engine, you'll have to do with wonky, faked torque curves!"

VirusGR42 and Ho3n3r like this.
  6. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Yeah, but even proper clutch modeling is missing. Anyway...

Bjørn likes this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Considering the WEC hyper car rules is already for 2020 season and how they have been licensing some cars very early (like Aston and 720S) we may see hybrids done rather sooner than later. Remember that half of the system is already in game. I guess with licensing they'll have closer access to understand how things work and make a better implementation, kind of what happened to tires after they got licenses for the GTE cars.
    I think setting the AI to use it may be a bigger issue than implementing the system itself.

8. James Mathai

James Mathai Registered

if hybrids are added the community will probably do it. it wont be as good as official content but still.

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Will Mazeo
    i just wished for audi R18 and Porsche 919 Hybrid official s397 RF2 quality cars
    not gonna happen

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

When they add it the community will make these cars, especially URD with their Audi, Porsche and Toyota. To me URD is on same level as default content (comparing T5 2018 and preview of PX1) and I even prefer some of their art choice than S397 (like headlights and brake lights for example)

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Will Mazeo URD has update 1 of the 3 cars
    we need something solid

12. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

rest will follow

mesfigas likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

LMP hybrid rules were very wonky weren't they? You could only use the hybrid for a certain portion of a lap, and if you exceeded a minimum time per lap you would have to back off ?? I know it wasn't just power-on at every corner exit or a 'push-to-pass' type of arrangement. so just crafting an engine file capable of hybrid behavior would not be enough. You would have to re-work the tracks and rules as well. Anyone remember what happened when the Nascar Plugin was added?

14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There was a rule that the non-hybrids could not be faster than the hybrids. Which was absolutely ridiculous was essentially "Toyota will win, but it will be Alonso's car that will win"

Absolutely no point in watching the LMPs last year because there was no competition.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They were limited by fuel per lap and energy per lap split by class (4MJ, 6MJ and 8MJ) based on a Le Mans lap. Less electricity meant more fuel per lap if I'm not mistaken (or less weight, idk). A nice way to keep engine formula open and balanced, how you used that energy is up to you. It was a bit annoying to see them coasting so much tho but the rules forced efficiency in the end. Making that much energy was not easy, I think one of the manufacturers tried to go 8MJ and couldnt generate all the energy had to go back to 6 for one more season (or they wanted 10 and went back to 8, not sure)
    This is something sims dont simulate when they add hybrids. I guess only.... F1 games do that lol

I actually suggested Indycar to go that formula, make the engine rules open and balance them with fuel per lap of Indy oval and road course (and regulalte chassis by max drag and df at defined speeds with rules only dictating the max size of each part). The guy leading it back then thought it was a good idea but never happened.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  16. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Don't get me started! :mad:
    Obviously the new not-LMP1 class will retain ERS so the tech is needed in rF2. But I tend to agree with S397's view that trying to license LMP1-H cars is a bit redundant. Would much rather see the other two current LMP2 chassis to race the Oreca.

kimbo likes this.
  17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Even if 397 made a fake LMP1 that was based off the Rebellion cars or something like ISI did with Formula 2012.

18. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Oh sure, bring on the privateer P1s! Especially as they're bound to be grandfathered into the new class for a while

19. Filip

Filip Registered

I think S397 stated somewhere they were interested only in licensed cars.
    Don't quote me on that.

20. Stevy

Stevy Registered

And that, I think, is a huge mistake!
    Also don't quit get it cause they still released Toban and Mills Metro.